View Poll Results: Would you support a JL with that lineup?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

30 69.77%
  • NO!

13 30.23%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Fighting street levelers. The fact she didn't one shote them says a lot. While Superman could one shote somebody like Aquaman in that show. The second clip is not good either. Superman stopped fighting when he knew it was her. And we know how kailaback, mongul etc were able to stomp WW while SM beat them. So i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you, thinking they would make WW the strongest. Even in comics they don't respect her that much regarding power.
    Vixen may not be on Wonder Woman's level of power, but she is NOT a street leveler.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Vixen may not be on Wonder Woman's level of power, but she is NOT a street leveler.
    Vixen was street level on that show. The power of any animal on earth is not even close to be mid tier of power let alone high tier. And If WW is as powerful as she is supposed to be. She should have no problem one shotting somebody with the strength of an elephant or a blue whale. Just goes to show once again. That many times, DC treats WW with just lipservice. She is a powerhouse only on paper. When push comes to shove they don't show it in many of her appearances.

Yea that's a pretty cool lineup

Fighting street levelers. The fact she didn't one shote them says a lot. While Superman could one shote somebody like Aquaman in that show...
    "shote"?

Why is the definition I'm finding for that word saying: "a young hog and especially one that has been weaned"?

Vixen was street level on that show. The power of any animal on earth is not even close to be mid tier of power let alone high tier. And If WW is as powerful as she is supposed to be. She should have no problem one shotting somebody with the strength of an elephant or a blue whale. Just goes to show once again. That many times, DC treats WW with just lipservice. She is a powerhouse only on paper. When push comes to shove they don't show it in many of her appearances.
    What do you think mid tier is?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What do you think mid tier is?
    Somebody like Starfire, Wonder Girl, for example.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

What book was this and who was doing it?
    It was in those horrible things which I forget the titles and most everything else but that they were kind of embarrassing. It centered around an idea I can only assume came either from someone's dog, two year old, or it came to them after a really had three day bender; someone has put some sort of hoodoo on all the heroes causing them to form various and sundry Justice League teams that causes them to forget the word "America" for some reason, all attempting to answer the burning question that literally no one had, "What does that 'A' in 'JLA' mean? There was Justice League of Amazons or something, one for Atlantis, and some others I can't even remember.

Yes, that was sort of actually their reason for getting those teams together for a bunch of uninspired, bland one shots. They were so dull I can't recall nearly as much about them as I can about say "Amazons Attack", which at least had the virtue of being awesomely, hilariously bad; instead of merely being insipid.
    Last edited by achilles; 01-03-2022 at 10:50 AM.

No, Vixen was NOT street level on that show. Vixen enhances the normal power levels of the animals she mimics, so she runs faster than a normal cheetah, is more powerful than a normal rhino, etc. That's not street level, and even normal animals wouldn't be considered street level because they are far stronger than normal humans (the larger animals). The only thing she didn't do on that show was fly. She was powerful enough to knock down statues with her claws and barrel into Solomon Grundy and knock him into a building or through a truck, among other feats. Also, from that video, Vixen was able to get just a few licks in, but overall Wonder Woman was handling Vixen with no problem. The show was not going to have Wonder Woman one-shot those women because the fight would have been over in 2 seconds.

You're basically saying that Vixen's power levels on that show were like Batman's power levels (street level), and that is not even remotely true.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-03-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    No, Vixen was NOT street level on that show. Vixen enhances the normal power levels of the animals she mimics, so she runs faster than a normal cheetah, is more powerful than a normal rhino, etc. That's not street level, and even normal animals wouldn't be considered street level because they are far stronger than normal humans (the larger animals). The only thing she didn't do on that show was fly. She was powerful enough to knock down statues with her claws and barrel into Solomon Grundy and knock him into a building or through a truck, among other feats. Also, from that video, Vixen was able to get just a few licks in, but overall Wonder Woman was handling Vixen with no problem. The show was not going to have Wonder Woman one-shot those women because the fight would have been over in 2 seconds.

You're basically saying that Vixen's power levels on that show were like Batman's power levels (street level), and that is not even remotely true.
    street levelers can have super human stats. There are different ranks in that category. Spiderman for example is street level. He is super human that puts his stats well above batman, but still not on par with let's say Wonder Girl or Starfire stats which are mid tier. And not even close to high tiers like Superman.

Being stronger than a normal rhino or a blue whale still shouldn't be anything close to WW. And let's not even talk about the terrible look of WW not being able to one shote peak human durability characters like canary or huntress. You won't see Superman failing that badly. WW on that show could be going up against far better opponents. Like Supergirl. But they threw her in against street levelers. Because she was not tha strong after all. Supergirl was very likely stronger than WW on that show. And i'm sure in a team book or movie, she would be portrayed as stronger than WW too. I mean the super hero girls show i'm sure SG is presented as stronger. So it's time to accept that WW is not respected as a powerhouse. She is all hype and no showing.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 01-03-2022 at 11:08 AM.

street levelers can have super human stats. There are different ranks in that category. Spiderman for example is street level. He is super human that puts his stats well above batman, but still not on par with let's say Wonder Girl or Starfire stats which are mid tier. And not even close to high tiers like Superman.

Being stronger than a normal rhino or a blue whale still shouldn't be anything close to WW. And let's not even talk about the terrible look of WW not being able to one shote peak human durability characters like canary or huntress. You won't see Superman failing that badly. WW on that show could be going up against far better opponents. Like Supergirl. But they threw her in against street levelers. Because she was not tha strong after all. Supergirl was very likely stronger than WW on that show. And i'm sure in a team book or movie, she would be portrayed as stronger than WW too. I mean the super hero girls show i'm sure SG is presented as stronger. So it's time to accept that WW is not respected as a powerhouse. She is all hype and no showing.
    You and I have very different definitions of street level. And I'm just going to leave it at that.

There wasn't a Yes with Mods option so I picked No. To get my vote the following changes would have to be made:

Drop: Mera
    Add: Iron Butterfly or Grace from Joe Kelly run
    Drop: Lady wearing Hawkwoman's helm and carrying a sword
    Add: Empress
    Drop: Katana
    Add: Dr. Light fully restored and with complete mastery of her powers
    Drop: Canary
    Add: Serafina aka Firebird of Soyuz or Onyx with full mastery of her psi talents
    Last edited by Stanlos; 01-03-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    While I would support such a book, the problem I have with this sort of thing is that all too often it's just----the ladies get together with no men for some reason and save the day for reasons that include "shut up" when you point out that the JSA or JLA could handle pretty much anything that team could.
    You could ask that question of any Justice League team in a shared verse with any one of the following: Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter

They are single unit Leagues in and of themselves

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think I'd prefer Power Girl with the JSA and Katana on a less large-scale team (like The Outsiders).

It was suggested using Big Barda, and she could be instead of Power Girl.
    Not sure who would be best in place of Katana. (Maybe Gypsy?)
    That is a good point with the new direction they made for her. Sigh :^(

I would swap her out with the new Power Girl or with an updated Big Barda

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    While I would support such a book, the problem I have with this sort of thing is that all too often it's just----the ladies get together with no men for some reason and save the day for reasons that include "shut up" when you point out that the JSA or JLA could handle pretty much anything that team could.
    Well they should point out JSA & JLA were NOT around and we solved it. And now you have a 3rd team that could save the day if needed.

THis is comics we can make up any reason for the team.

Including Batman testing them in a scenario where it would be up to a gender or race or even limited power teams trying to save the day.

Can't say the idea of Bruce testing out various female and PoC teams has much interest for me. I see super rich elitist white men control everything around them in the real world already.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.