Incredible Member

Default Fact checking apparently not a big thing here on CBR...

Read the front page article about Booster Gold/Catwoman. The author makes the assumption STAR labs security uniforms are based off of Booster Gold's uni. Except they are, outside the STAR Labs logo, identical to the old Checkmate Knight armor.

This after a few months ago posting an article presuming the Superboy appearing in a panel of Suicide Squad was an evil Earth-3 counterpart, because of the costume. Except, it was Conner Kent wearing his uniform from the then-current Young Justice run.

C'mon, guys, lets at least put in a minimal amount of effort!

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Read the front page article about Booster Gold/Catwoman. The author makes the assumption STAR labs security uniforms are based off of Booster Gold's uni. Except they are, outside the STAR Labs logo, identical to the old Checkmate Knight armor.

This after a few months ago posting an article presuming the Superboy appearing in a panel of Suicide Squad was an evil Earth-3 counterpart, because of the costume. Except, it was Conner Kent wearing his uniform from the then-current Young Justice run.

C'mon, guys, lets at least put in a minimal amount of effort!
    Oh good, it wasn't just me

To be fair, Checkmate armor is, here in late 2021, reasonably obscure.

Extraordinary Member

I've seen plenty of articles where they get things wrong.

In this article from last month CBR claims that the X-Men have never fought Dormammu, "despite one of their members, Magik, having a strong connection to the mystical." In fact the X-Men and Magik did fight Dormammu in a multi-issue arc in Bendis' Uncanny X-Men, and it was that story which set up Magik's current friendship with Dr. Strange.

Mighty Member

A good researched CBR article would be far more surprising than the other way around, i think i can count the really good ones among the articles i have read on 1 hand, and i have read at least 50 or more estimated quite conservatively.

Astonishing Member

Sadly most people are low info and operate in their made up head canon.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Literally anyone can write an piece for the main page, just click the link on the top/far right.

I used to find the drastic dip in quality content very frustrating, but once you adjust your expectations (or ignore the front page altogether) it's not so bad.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I remember when Comic Book Resources used to be really a solid website. It seemed like they took a massive dive in the quality of their writing after their website rebranding.

To be fair, that article is a lot of speculation and it was only talking about the Star Labs security seen specifically in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I remember when Comic Book Resources used to be really a solid website. It seemed like they took a massive dive in the quality of their writing after their website rebranding.
    The traded well written articles for clickbait and buzzwords.

Half the time they don't even feel like they were written by anyone who's ever read a comic in their life.

"What did the most recent issue of One Star Squadron mean for a fan favorite Arrowverse character?!"

Incredible Member

There was an article about Black Cat where they called her Selina like 10 times. Their anime/manga articles usually have a lot of mistakes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    To be fair, Checkmate armor is, here in late 2021, reasonably obscure.
    Well…Suicide Squad II hinted at them.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    There was an article about Black Cat where they called her Selina like 10 times. Their anime/manga articles usually have a lot of mistakes, too.
    And with such conviction! The writer was obviously a huge fan of both (neither?)...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Retired

There's a thread on the Comics Should Be Good forum called Further Corrections/Updates to Various Articles where PB210 posts corrections and updates. It's been some months since the last post, but maybe in the future.

The thing about web pages that I learned in my editing classes is they post first, correct later. The rush to get a page up as soon as possible means that a lot of stuff is uploaded in a rough draft form and they depend on others to correct them later.