Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    How is that racist?
    Because it retconned Ice's backstory into being part of a Roma clan who specialized in stealing, and applied every racist Roma trope along the way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    Which must have been a mass delusion among the entire justice league because they were all there to meet her family…and that storyline is where Tora was powered up. The new backstory makes no sense.

Yeah, I won't defend the logic of it. Dunno why Ice needed dead parents, but hey

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because it retconned Ice's backstory into being part of a Roma clan who specialized in stealing, and applied every racist Roma trope along the way.
    The Human Target doesn't give any indication that Ice is romani. I guess he changed that part.

Anyway, the idea that she comes from a secret magical village is far more interesting to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The Human Target doesn't give any indication that Ice is romani. I guess he changed that part.

Anyway, the idea that she comes from a secret magical village is far more interesting to me.
    If he used the origin and all it's elements, it doesn't really matter if he said 'Roma'.

In for a penny...

And yeah, the secret village thing is better. Especially for this story, as Ice received her massive powerful from said village, which led directly to her death, a plotpoint in this series.