Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Other Sony Spidey spinoffs you wanna see?

How about:

R rated Punisher . African-American actor this time.

Mayday Parker Spider girl movie. Tobey and Kirsten as her parents.

Ravencroft film. Mass breakout with carrion, vermin, swarm etc going nuts. Only John Cena as a PTSD Solo can save the innocent civilians trapped inside.

Others?

Sony doesn't have the rights to Punisher. That's on Marvel.

Yes to a Mayday movie with Maguire and Dunst as the parents.

An AU take on MJ as Jackpot.

The Slingers- 4 college students decide to become superheroes and team up. Identity Crisis can still happen with Macguire's Spider-Man. Or you could scrap that story arc and retool those issues as seperate solo stories.

Puma- a native american billionaire who moonlights as a vigilante/mercenary. He's prophesed to stop on an event so there's your overarching plot for his trilogy.

Cardiac- A surgeon/scientist goes after corporate greed in the health industry.

Silver Sable- a young Eastern Eurpoean woman hunts down the war criminals that ruined her country.

Black Cat- a young woman avenges her famous cat burglar of a father by becoming his successor and rooting out the killer.

Doc Ock- Breaking Bad meets Spiderman with a bit of Superior Ock thrown in. You could add Steel Spider as his sidekick or he does the brainswap on him. You could use the Slott additions here.

Nightwatch- a scientist tries to fight his fate after he sees his own death.

Frog-man- a superhero comedy about a young man who tries to reform his family's image after his father was convicted as a supervillian when he was young.

Rocket Racer works as the kid friendly protagonist. His hoverboard could be a reused version of Harry's from Spiderman 3.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-28-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Mighty Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

A Venom vs Moebius flick involving ravencroft would be cool. Face it, these ain't Oscar winners so I can't see how a crossover would "ruin" them..

from the other thread-

https://www.cinemablend.com/superher...ginal-plan-was

The original plan for ASM3 seems to Peter versus Norman and the Sinister Six .

There is a conflicting report about Peter wanting to ressurect Gwen. Which feels like a good way to introduce the Jackal, Morbius and Gwen-Carnage from the Ultimate Spiderman comic. I prefer this one so I'd use this as ASM3.

You could take inspiration from the Clone Conspiracy storyline from a few years back. Just give Warren Ben's Anubis mask with a nice suit instead of the green animal getup. This could work as a crossover between Morbius and ASM Peter. Morbius could be a reluctant ally for the Jackal, assisting him for a new body free of vampirism and his illness.

The former option could be a crossover between ASM Peter and Venom. In the comics Eddie Brock’s parents were researchers who worked with Peter. It would’ve been ideal to tie Venom to the Oscorp conspiracy. Eddie needs something else to define him beyond hating Spiderman.

Mighty Member

Goofy character comedy featuring frogman, rocket racer, white rabbit, Hypno hustler etc etc as various heroes and villians...

I'd thought of 3 more sequels for Morbius.

1 is the Clone Conspiracy with the Jackal and ASM Peter. Another is based of the 2013 Marvel Now series where Morbius tries to protect a neighborhood from the Shocker. The last would be Kindred but with a different ID more focused on Morbius's life.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd thought of 3 more sequels for Morbius.

1 is the Clone Conspiracy with the Jackal and ASM Peter. Another is based of the 2013 Marvel Now series where Morbius tries to protect a neighborhood from the Shocker. The last would be Kindred but with a different ID more focused on Morbius's life.
    I wanna see a movie version of Carolyn Trainor. THAT story arc could be a fun movie.

They could do a heist type comedy with the "Superior Foes of Spider-man."

A Spiderwoman film could be interesting, while I prefer Julia Carpenter, a Jessica Drew more "supernatural horror" based movie (like in her earlier comics) could be pretty cool. (I have zero interest in a SHIELD themed version of Drew though, too many SHIELD agent characters in the MCU already.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I wanna see a movie version of Carolyn Trainor. THAT story arc could be a fun movie.
    Which story arc?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Which story arc?
    Carolyn's quest to revive Otto after he died.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Carolyn's quest to revive Otto after he died.
    I didn't read that. "Shrugs" OK sure. You quoted my Morbius post. Is he involved in that story?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-29-2021 at 07:52 AM.

BANNED

From Sony? Basically not much. That's the poison pill of the Spidey franchise. What made certain characters in No Way Home amazing was the Disney/MCU writing, directing, and producing team. Sony's versions of these entities all make bad movies. See Venom, Ghostbusters and the Amazing Spidey franchise

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    From Sony? Basically not much. That's the poison pill of the Spidey franchise. What made certain characters in No Way Home amazing was the Disney/MCU writing, directing, and producing team. Sony's versions of these entities all make bad movies. See Venom, Ghostbusters and the Amazing Spidey franchise
    Into the Spider-Verse is a vastly superior film than arguably every MCU movie.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Spidey 2099.

Why we still don’t have a Batman Beyond and/or a 2099 movie is a true mystery.