Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'd be intrigued if all the Sony solos come together for a Maximum Carnage team-up movie.

-Pav, who is thinking Venom, Morbius, Nightwatch, Black Cat...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'd be intrigued if all the Sony solos come together for a Maximum Carnage team-up movie.

-Pav, who is thinking Venom, Morbius, Nightwatch, Black Cat...
    Spider-Island and Hunted also work as teamup/event films.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Spider-Island and Hunted also work as teamup/event films.
    Yeah, Spider-Island would make a brilliant event film as the concept is as fun and resonant as Spider-Verse when it comes to bringing the "Anyone can be Spider-Man" theme home.

Probably the reason why those two are my favorite Dan Slott arcs.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-30-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Currently, Maguire is 46 and Dunst is 39. They are believable ages as the parents of a teenager.
    That would entail Dunst's MJ giving birth to Mayday in her early 20's which... considering all the problems MJ and Peter were still having in their mid-late 20's or however old they were supposed to be at the end of Spider-Man 3, seems very incongruous.

Also, RYV allows Dunst to do more as Spinneret as opposed to just being the superhero's mom this time around vs. being the superhero's girlfriend the last time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That would entail Dunst's MJ giving birth to Mayday in her early 20's which... considering all the problems MJ and Peter were still having in their mid-late 20's or however old they were supposed to be at the end of Spider-Man 3, seems very incongruous.

Also, RYV allows Dunst to do more as Spinneret as opposed to just being the superhero's mom this time around vs. being the superhero's girlfriend the last time around.
    MC2 Pete and MJ were drawn to look around late 30s to early 40s, so may was presumably born in early 20s.

I feel like King in Black would be their Infinity War but I rather use Ends of the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    They could do a heist type comedy with the "Superior Foes of Spider-man."

A Spiderwoman film could be interesting, while I prefer Julia Carpenter, a Jessica Drew more "supernatural horror" based movie (like in her earlier comics) could be pretty cool. (I have zero interest in a SHIELD themed version of Drew though, too many SHIELD agent characters in the MCU already.)
    Honestly, unless they used Julia for a Madame Web thing, she has probably the weakest potential among the Spider-Women, it doesn't help that for a long time her stories were basically "child support issues" lol.

Jessica being used for a horror angle would be cool, though I can only wonder how they'd make that costume work with the horror angle lol.

But yeah, using Jessica in SHIELD or SHIELD-like stuff would be lazy, just secret agent stuff, which are overused and partially misses the point of a super-hero...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Into the Spider-Verse is a vastly superior film than arguably every MCU movie.
    Having better sense of humor is an improvement at least .

Either way, what I'm curious about is a Madame Web movie, be it either Cassandra, Julia, or a new character, either one is strictly a supporting character to someone else, and they're hardly part of the action, while it makes sense for Cassandra, it doesn't for Julia... But either way, I'm just curious about how they'd try to make a movie about either Madame Web work, and without cheating by using whoever they pick as a decoy protagonist lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I think if we're going to get the first Parker kid on film, it absolutely should be Mayday.

(Also, Peter was retired, or semi-retired, during Mayday's Spider-Girl series. So he'd basically just be the superhero's dad. )

It must have been very good for him in the 20s, he decided to take his own path!

Mighty Member

Peter and Mary Jane reconciled in the last Raimi movie which was back in 2007. It's believable that they could have gotten married and had a child by 2009/10. If a movie like this was greenlit, we'd probably get it by 2024 at the earliest which would put their child at 14/15 years old.

But honestly, they could mix both concepts. Introduce a Mayday Spider-girl and show Mary Jane "borrowing" Peter's powers for a bit with tech as she did in RYV.

Anyway, if there was a Raimi revival, I think Spider-girl would be the best route.

Garfield could continue on as the Spider-man of the Venom/Morbius universe. So, the "main" Spider-man franchise remains the upcoming MCU movies, but there are "Spider-girl" and "Venom" titles that continue the stories of the other Spider-men; and a future MCU movie could reunite all of the Spider-characters again for another big crossover event.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 01-19-2022 at 10:10 AM.

I've been wanting a Spider-Girl film series with Tobey and Kirsten as Peter and MJ for years. It would be a really popular choice I think, and allow Sony to get a Spider lead without fighting with Marvel over Peter/Tom.
    I'd love a project with Ben but I'd want Ben to be introduced in a movie with Tom, the hilarity of Tom playing two Spideys would be priceless.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

John Jameson aka Man-Wolf

A Man-Wolf/Stargod film serves to stay in the horror vein(no pun intended) started with Morbius. It also keeps cosmic ties since we know that is where the symbiotes are from.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    John Jameson aka Man-Wolf

A Man-Wolf/Stargod film serves to stay in the horror vein(no pun intended) started with Morbius. It also keeps cosmic ties since we know that is where the symbiotes are from.
    I'd probably bring back Daniel Gilles who played him in Spider-man 2. But I'd lean into Captain Jupiter more.

Extraordinary Member

Jessica Drew...in the MCU.