Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

If paying folks is such an issue-sell the characters back to the few living owners. Since some of those folks are deceased..

Like Hardcase's creator James Hundall. As is Ghoul's.

Who is the main person that would have to be paid? Steve Englehart? Len Strazewski? Mike Barr? Besides that other person who wrote 5 of those titles.
    Didn't one of the ultraverse writers say a few years ago there is no pay trouble and marvel just does not want to use any of them. (like the other comic company, they bought and won't use?)

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I bought this for more Kang content, its kind of a shame there's so much talk about this compared to the excellant mini series that wrapped up last week. Someone start a Kang thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The cover for the next Marvel Voices: Legacy anthology shows Sam decked out in the Cap suit again but with a new shield, so that's presumably what the Cap and Bucky tease is building towards.

But the United States of Cap mini already had him return to the role of Cap. I don’t think that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    But the United States of Cap mini already had him return to the role of Cap. I don’t think that’s it.
    Yeah, but I could see them feeling like they need to sideline/take out Steve so they can promote Sam as Cap again for synergy purposes or get more Sam-as-Cap content out there before Cap 4 or when they inevitably bring Steve back for the umpteenth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Didn't one of the ultraverse writers say a few years ago there is no pay trouble and marvel just does not want to use any of them. (like the other comic company, they bought and won't use?)
    I think it has something to do with movie rights? Marvel can make comics but they don't have complete control over the movie rights. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You missed one--

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

LOL....those thighs. Almost as bad as the infamous Liefield Captain America

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Given he’s on one of the Timeless variant covers as Cap it does indeed seem like its something that’ll have some relevance to whatever is being teased.

I've tried to sort the teasers into their respective properties:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AVENGERS
    Avenger Prime and the Deathlok army – Avengers, Avengers Forever by Jason Aaron
    Shuri becomes Black Panther – Black Panther by John Ridley
    The Iron God takes their throne – Iron Man by Christopher Cantwell
    Captain America vs a Winter Soldier – Captain America by (?)
    Thanos and the Infinity Mjolnir – Thor by Donny Cates
    The return of Jack of Hearts – She-Hulk by Rainbow Rowell
    The Thunderbolts pretend to be Avengers – Thunderbolts by (?)

STREET-LEVEL MARVEL
    The new Iron Fist – Iron Fist by Alyssa Wong
    Punisher leading the Hand – Punisher by Jason Aaron

MYSTIC MARVEL
    Doyle vs Dormammu – Strange Academy by Skottie Young

COSMIC MARVEL
    The cracking of the Moon in the Reckoning War – Fantastic Four by Dan Slott
    Judgment Day, Eternals are a great power… – Avengers / Eternals / X-Men: Judgment Day by Kieron Gillen and Gerry Duggan

YOUNG MARVEL
    The Runaways become the Young Avengers - Young Avengers by (?)

X-BOOKS
    ORCHIS dominion over Earth – X-Men by Gerry Duggan

SPIDER-BOOKS
    Ben Reilly going to Hollywood – Amazing Spider-Man by the Beyond Board writers
    Mary Jane Watson becomes Spider-Woman – Amazing Spider-Man by (?)
    Ravencroft Institute – Venom, Carnage by Ram V

ACQUIRED PROPERTIES
    The return of Miracleman – Miracleman by Neil Gaiman
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 12-30-2021 at 08:01 AM. Reason: 'LICENSED' to 'ACQUIRED'

Spectacular Member

Please let it be the completion of Gaiman's MM work. Inserting Miracleman into mainstream Marvel would be a monumental faux-pas in my opinion.

BANNED

So it's Marvel's version of Doomsday Clock that Marvel Man will usher in? If so will he be a protagonist heroic saviour or a ambiguous antagonist like Manhattan or a full blown loony supervillain like kid M.? Anyway I liked the one shot well enough though at times it did feel like Marvel was compressing Kingdome Come into one issue with a antagonist leading the action followed by his own pastor who ultimately decided the fate of the world/timeline when he gave aid to Kang at the crucial moment. Also especially narmy was Kang fighting a mammoth without his armor and winning which breaks the belief and then Doom lowering his guard and becoming human by willing it even apparently giving up his elasticity to kill Kang by his bare hands enabling the p.o.v character to play a critical role in the resolution of the plot was a tad forced to me but still a pleasant read overall despite a few hiccups. The art seemed consistent throughout the issue despite different artists working on the issue which also increased the reading pleasure.
    Last edited by Wat; 12-30-2021 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post

LICENSED PROPERTIES
    The return of Miracleman – Miracleman by Neil Gaiman
    I think that Marvel owns Miracleman now so technically it is not licensed property?

Ultimate Member

What other company did they buy and not use?

Also, copyright is use it or lose it. I wonder when the Ultra verse will go public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Also, copyright is use it or lose it. I wonder when the Ultra verse will go public domain.
    TRADEMARK is use it or lose it. Copyright lasts until it expires (for work-for-hire stuff like Miracleman, 95 years after publication. But only 70 years in the EU)

Crossgen comics.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the character on the top left of the YA tease is actually Doc Justice from the last Runaways series.

Now that I think about it, a future version of Molly had those goggles.
    Yeah, I immediately thought it was future Molly. Hard to say, but she's had a fairly consistent appearance in her X-Men, and Captain Marvel issues. Alex Wilder as the new Doc Justice could be fun.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.