Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I'm just hoping that Donny Cates won't be writing Miracleman.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 12-30-2021 at 03:27 PM. Reason: grammar
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    I'm just hoping that Donny Cates won't be writing Miracleman.

That'd be just my luck after he **** on Sentry in King in Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Guardian View Post
    Please let it be the completion of Gaiman's MM work. Inserting Miracleman into mainstream Marvel would be a monumental faux-pas in my opinion.
    A) QFT
    B) What they said
    C) This
    D) All of the above
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    As a character, Miracle man is not that interesting. Marvel already have Shazam/Superman analogues with Blue Marvel, Sentry, Gladiator, Hyperion... What is interesting with Miracle Man is the stories in his universe. Frankly, if he come in the Marvel universe, it will be just like Angela: he will become a c-list character in an ever-expanding roster.
    Exactly! They have Sentry...do nothing but trash the character. They have Blue Marvel...they have no clue how use him. It's funny that if MM is coming back, it shows the lack of consistency in utilization of high tier powered characters.

Spectacular Member

There's also the fact that compared to most Marvel heavy hitters, Miracleman isn't really anywhere near as powerful as them.

I say get rid of all the existing Superman analogs and merge them into MM - like they were all him but separated into various identities.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I say get rid of all the existing Superman analogs and merge them into MM - like they were all him but separated into various identities.
    Nah. I wouldn't go for that. While the Superman proxies in the MU are largely niche, they still have their fans. I much prefer Sentry to MM, per my username. I also prefer Hyperion, Blue Marvel and Gladiator as characters. I think that kind of merge would still annoy a lot of people.
    My biggest concern is that MM as per Moore at least, served as a deconstruction. What would he actually DO in the MU that scores of other characters can't already? I'd rather see him kept in his own Universe to see how his whole benevolent ruler thing plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Guardian View Post
    Nah. I wouldn't go for that. While the Superman proxies in the MU are largely niche, they still have their fans. I much prefer Sentry to MM, per my username. I also prefer Hyperion, Blue Marvel and Gladiator as characters. I think that kind of merge would still annoy a lot of people.
    My biggest concern is that MM as per Moore at least, served as a deconstruction. What would he actually DO in the MU that scores of other characters can't already? I'd rather see him kept in his own Universe to see how his whole benevolent ruler thing plays out.
    I'm talking about Sentry, Wundarr, Omega the Unknown, Ethan Edwards. Agree about Gladiator and Blue Marvel and Hyperion, maybe Sentry too but .... The Void ruins him.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 12-31-2021 at 08:17 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I hope that the Ultraverse finally arrives in some form. Please. don't just.. let this stuff languish forever.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'm talking about Sentry, Wundarr, Omega the Unknown, Ethan Edwards. Agree about Gladiator and Blue Marvel and Hyperion, maybe Sentry too but .... The Void ruins him.
    The Sentry could be saved still. He was at least in a promising place until Cates wrecked him in King in Black by ignoring the previous 12 months of the character's development.

They have ultra girl if she counts. Of course they had miss america back in the 40s but could not make up their minds if she was superman level or not each story. Then invaders nerfed her powers to the point she was beat by fish dork that she would have ripped in half in the old stories then killed off right away in avengers.

Also yes use the ultraverse marvel! They only use exiles name and thor 3 topaz was a mix of the marvel one with the ultraverse ones weapon.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-02-2022 at 05:26 AM.

So if the Thunderbolts are in the position to steal the Avengers' name and these new young heroes have to take it back, are we assuming the Avengers are decimated/disbanded in whatever that upcoming crossover with the X-Men and Eternals is?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    So if the Thunderbolts are in the position to steal the Avengers' name and these new young heroes have to take it back, are we assuming the Avengers are decimated/disbanded in whatever that upcoming crossover with the X-Men and Eternals is?
    Well, they might lose their headquarters at the very least, but I would think Aaron would be the one to write the ending to his own run (which I don't think we're quite at yet).

BANNED

Multiversal avengers requiring to team up with prime avengers and 1biilion BC avengers to stop Mephisto council multiversal shenanigans has got to be the endgame so the current arc should be one of its penultimate arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    And apparently for those royalty reasons. It's a shame too, there were some great characters in the Ultraverse most especially Prime.
    They even had their own cartoon, with an OP similar to X-Men's showing all the characters with their logos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The cover for the next Marvel Voices: Legacy anthology shows Sam decked out in the Cap suit again but with a new shield, so that's presumably what the Cap and Bucky tease is building towards.

Sam acquired this shield in United States of Captain America. Both Steve and Sam are currently Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I've tried to sort the teasers into their respective properties:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AVENGERS
    Avenger Prime and the Deathlok army – Avengers, Avengers Forever by Jason Aaron
    Shuri becomes Black Panther – Black Panther by John Ridley
    The Iron God takes their throne – Iron Man by Christopher Cantwell
    Captain America vs a Winter Soldier – Captain America by (?)
    Thanos and the Infinity Mjolnir – Thor by Donny Cates
    The return of Jack of Hearts – She-Hulk by Rainbow Rowell
    The Thunderbolts pretend to be Avengers – Thunderbolts by (?)

STREET-LEVEL MARVEL
    The new Iron Fist – Iron Fist by Alyssa Wong
    Punisher leading the Hand – Punisher by Jason Aaron

MYSTIC MARVEL
    Doyle vs Dormammu – Strange Academy by Skottie Young

COSMIC MARVEL
    The cracking of the Moon in the Reckoning War – Fantastic Four by Dan Slott
    Judgment Day, Eternals are a great power… – Avengers / Eternals / X-Men: Judgment Day by Kieron Gillen and Gerry Duggan

YOUNG MARVEL
    The Runaways become the Young Avengers - Young Avengers by (?)

X-BOOKS
    ORCHIS dominion over Earth – X-Men by Gerry Duggan

SPIDER-BOOKS
    Ben Reilly going to Hollywood – Amazing Spider-Man by the Beyond Board writers
    Mary Jane Watson becomes Spider-Woman – Amazing Spider-Man by (?)
    Ravencroft Institute – Venom, Carnage by Ram V

ACQUIRED PROPERTIES
    The return of Miracleman – Miracleman by Neil Gaiman
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Black Panther is presumably actually Black Cat, this is the Black Cat/Mary Jane one-shot that's been solicited. So MJ Spider-Woman isn't from ASM. Jack of Hearts is also in Reckoning War, so it's not teasing She-Hulk.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman