Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    No, because Logan doesn't care about Creed & has stuff happening in 12 other books that are more important.
    Logan hates Creed though. I'd say a lack of reaction is more because Logan doesn't need to deal with him anymore which, by Logan standards, is probably the most peace he can get on that front.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I still say the best Creed was the 90s Creed. With Birdie as his sidekick, trying to control his animal urges via “the glow.” That and Liev Schreiber Creed from XMOW. Hell, he was the only good thing from that movie IMO. I’d like to see more of him honestly. If we’re going to get multiversal cameos in the MCU going forward. How about AoA Creed played by Schreiber?
    Hell no. Because Schreiber had no business being cast as Creed. He was nowhere near intimidating enough in physique or look to be Creed,

And honestly if he were any good, he'd have had more than 1 film, and Creed wouldn't still be a joke in the comics. Movies that truly elevate characters tend to have that popularity carried over into the comics. Hence why Mystique is such a villain sue now....

Far as casting, you need someone with a super physique. Jason Mamoa, Roman Reigns, and even The Rock would be better than Schreiber.

Least those guys are currently hot. Hell, even old-ass HHH would be better than any Creed we got in the films.

I heard he was supposed to have been Kevin Nash, and Big Sexy really could've been great.

But no more Schreiber. Had his shot already, and wasn't any good. lol

Hell no. Because Schreiber had no business being cast as Creed. He was nowhere near intimidating enough in physique or look to be Creed,

And honestly if he were any good, he'd have had more than 1 film, and Creed wouldn't still be a joke in the comics. Movies that truly elevate characters tend to have that popularity carried over into the comics. Hence why Mystique is such a villain sue now....

Far as casting, you need someone with a super physique. Jason Mamoa, Roman Reigns, and even The Rock would be better than Schreiber.

Least those guys are currently hot. Hell, even old-ass HHH would be better than any Creed we got in the films.

I heard he was supposed to have been Kevin Nash, and Big Sexy really could've been great.

But no more Schreiber. Had his shot already, and wasn't any good. lol
    Schreiber was more of a "noble savage" take on Creed. Although the failing of X-Men Origins was definitely not on him.

Ha. I find Schreiber more intimidating than both those long-haired pretty boys. And I cannot see The Rock as Creed at all.

Don’t forget, CGI and camera angles as well as costuming can alter an actor’s physical size just fine. Better to get a decent actor who channels the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Schrieber was more of a "noble savage" take on Creed. Although the failing of X-Men Origins was definitely not on him.
    We can still have that. With a better cast actor who actually looks the part.

As someone said, Schreiber looks as intimidating as Shia Labeouf.

This is just corny, imo.

And shows how low the standards are for Creed that folks are fixated on Schreiber being him.

Give us an intelligent Sabretooth played by someone with some current white-hot popularity., legit muscle build.

Schreiber was never it in any of those departments imo.

And apparently not for majority. Because again if he did Creed any justice like Rebecca and even Jennifer did for Mystique, he'd be villain suing it right up there with her.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-30-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Whoever said Schreiber looks as intimidating as Shia Lebouf has clearly never had his or her ass kicked by a grown man. Lol.

That is hilarious to me. Watch Ray Donovan. Guy does intimidation pretty well I’d say.

We can still have that. With a better cast actor who actually looks the part.

As someone said, Schreiber looks as intimidating as Shia Labeouf.

This is just corny, imo.

And shows how low the standards are for Creed that folks are fixated on Schreiber being him.

Give us an intelligent Sabretooth played by someone with some current white-hot popularity., legit muscle build.

Schreiber was never it in any of those departments imo.

And apparently not for majority. Because again if he did Creed any justice like Rebecca and even Jennifer did for Mystique, he'd be villain suing it right up there with her.
    I mean, I think Schreiber is great but he didn't look that corny to me in my opinion. Not comic Creed in physique but I think it worked (in as far as anything in that movie worked). He came off intimidating to me.

I mean, I think Schreiber is great but he didn't look that corny to me in my opinion. Not comic Creed in physique but I think it worked (in as far as anything in that movie worked). He came off intimidating to me.
    Same here. I think I’ll just have to agree to disagree with ol Silver Fang here, as he/she has some narrow head canon take on Creed that I don’t understand. But more power to them. We can agree to disagree in a civil manner. *shrugs*

The movie was a mess in general. Schreiber didn't have the body or face for Creed. Especially laughable when he has to roar & look scary, and falls flat of that too, imo.

So pass. Being old as Hell now, I doubt would make him any better. So NEXT. We don't need anything from Creed from the last 2 decades. We need something GOOD again, and to leave him in the hands of folks that will keep up the momentum. Not throw him to folks who don't care or want him, and simply use him as a prop for other characters.

Same here. I think I’ll just have to agree to disagree with ol Silver Fang here, as he/she has some narrow head canon take on Creed that I don’t understand. But more power to them. We can agree to disagree in a civil manner. *shrugs*
    It's not narrow. Just higher standards for what used to be a favorite. A Cable fanboy should understand that given all the complaints you've had about him, though he gets better treatment than most.

Of course I say that while not caring much about him. Don't hate or dislike him. But don't pay him much mind either.

For a fan who keeps up with him as a legit top favorite, the standards are different & higher.

Everything they have done with Creed has not been helping the character. So we need new stuff that can bring him back to the A-List and out of D-List, Has-been territory.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-30-2021 at 12:01 PM.

To be fair I was thinking more of a multiversal cameo. A variant. Like Maguire and Garfield Spideys in No Way Home. Not for the MCU version of Creed who would need to be younger. I fully expect them to recast everyone except for Ryan Reynolds for the MCU versions.

It's not narrow. Just higher standards for what used to be a favorite. A Cable fanboy should understand that given all the complaints you've had about him, though he gets better treatment that most. Of course I say that while not caring much about him. For a fan who keeps up with him as a legit top favorite, the standards are different.
    And while Brolin didn’t meet my exact expectations for Cable physically, I can respect the job he did with the character. Honestly, my fanboy expectations aren’t really that narrow or limited, or even all that high. Just don’t make him a f*cking teenager. He’s a grown ass man. That’s about it. It’s all I ask, and really all that I bitched about regarding him. In that regard, I’m easy. Lol.

And while Brolin didn’t meet my exact expectations for Cable physically, I can respect the job he did with the character. Honestly, my fanboy expectations aren’t really that narrow or limited, or even all that high. Just don’t make him a f*cking teenager. He’s a grown ass man. That’s about it. It’s all I ask, and really all that I bitched about regarding him. In that regard, I’m easy. Lol.
    But again, Cable hasn't been made into a joke & spent decades in obscurity. When you have a favorite that you feel has been utterly destroyed, the mood changes. And there's been numerous things that played a hand in ruining Sabretooth. Not just a de-aging which is the worst Cable got and has since been fixed.

Nowadays I enjoying memeing & laughing about Creed's pathetic-ness as a character. Turn a negative into a positive. lol But overall, the character needs a complete 180 overhaul to get fixed.

Schreiber didn't gain popularity with him like the actors for Mystique, Deadpool, and Cable. So NEXT. We need someone who might. Hell, many didn't even know he was supposed to be Sabretooth. lol

The movie was a mess in general. Schreiber didn't have the body or face for Creed. Especially laughable when he has to roar & look scary, and falls flat of that too, imo.

So pass. Being old as Hell now, I doubt would make him any better. So NEXT. We don't need anything from Creed from the last 2 decades. We need something GOOD again, and to leave him in the hands of folks that will keep up the momentum. Not throw him to folks who don't care or want him, and simply use him as a prop for other characters.
    The face and ferocity worked for me, but to each their own. I think collectively people enjoyed Schreiber as Sabertooth overall and found him the bright spot in a bad movie.

But again, Cable hasn't been made into a joke & spent decades in obscurity. When you have a favorite that you feel has been utterly destroyed, the mood changes. And there's been numerous things that played a hand in ruining Sabretooth. Not just a de-aging which is the worst Cable got and has since been fixed.

Nowadays I enjoying memeing & laughing about Creed's pathetic-ness as a character. Turn a negative into a positive. lol But overall, the character needs a complete 180 overhaul to get fixed.

Schreiber didn't gain popularity with him like the actors for Mystique, Deadpool, and Cable. So NEXT. We need someone who might. Hell, many didn't even know he was supposed to be Sabretooth. lol
    Fair enough. But don’t tell me if they put Creed through the resurrection protocols and de-aged him into a teen you wouldn’t be pissed about it. Kid Creed? Terrible idea. About as bad as Kid Cable.