Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I kinda feel like there's a very circular conversation happening where it keeps being reiterated that a lot of the things we're talking about are completely theoretical and require thousands if not millions of years before the characters mentioned reach the levels where it'd be relevant......followed by the repeated reiteration that yeah but these characters are millions of years away from what we're talking about here and its all theoretical.....which brings us back to Point A which is....well yeah. We know that. We've said that. Why is this being regarded as something in dispute when its something most of our posts have volunteered up ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That seems like a great idea!
    I think inter-planetary range should be the next step where they make it clear Omegas have that range and power.
    Would love to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, would have been cool to see.

But on the downside she wouldn't be involved in most X-stories at that level, and even them most writers can't write cosmic well.
    Maybe they could make one-shots once a year with the future incarnations of our omega mutants, and then in the current titles Jean, Bobby, Ororo and the rest are at a more ”managable” level.
    (Sidenote: would love to see Bobby and Ororo reach their ultimate potential. Or as far as you can reach when you have infinite potential. I mean, Ororo is already a goddess, what would her levels be at millennia from now, if she was able to live as long as Bobby and Jean.)

I can't talk too much about this subject, lol, but I think for Jean to have her differential from other telepaths who are not omegas, she should have more moments like Martian Manhunter from Dc Comics, her telepathy is of a multiversal level, able to read various minds from one universe or different realities, so far Jean is having alpha telepath feats, of course some are impressive, but they should show more than just that.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Well, I just learnt that the original idea for the X-Men Forever limited series by Fabian Nicieza (2001) would be to center around the omega mutants. Bobby and Jean would live for millions of years, with Jean evolving into the original Phoenix force after a couple of thousand years (not just the host, mind you, but the force itself), and Bobby’s ultimate potential would be to take away energy. One day, millions of years from now, Bobby would end the universe and Jean, being the Phoenix force (again: not just its host) would be the flame that ignited the next universe.

This will forever be how I see Jean and Bobby from now on.

But, that is millions of years from now. The next step for the omega telepaths? I don’t know. Xavier, an alpha, is still the most powerful telepath. He runs circles around Jean, an omega with infinite, but not explored, potential. Emma is at the same level as Jean and can do things Jean hasn’t done. Quentin is like a child next to them.

I don’t think it’s fair to look at current feats to see where the omegas will end up. But what is the next step for an omega telepath. To do what another powerful telepath has to have cerebro for? Can the next step for Jean be what Xavier is with cerebro?
    Hello, John! Can we get a source for this? Did Fabian reveal this in an interview or podcast? I don't think I've heard this before. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Hello, John! Can we get a source for this? Did Fabian reveal this in an interview or podcast? I don't think I've heard this before. Thanks!
    It was originally posted by the member BobbysWorld in both the Jean Grey thread and the Your Unpopular/Controversial Opinions on the X-Universe-thread. You have to ask them for the source. I re-posted it in the new Jean Grey thread as well so you can find it quite easily.

It was originally posted by the member BobbysWorld in both the Jean Grey thread and the Your Unpopular/Controversial Opinions on the X-Universe-thread. You have to ask them for the source. I re-posted it in the new Jean Grey thread as well so you can find it quite easily.
    Ah, ok. I see it now. It looks more like his opinion than things that were actually planned at the time? I could be wrong but that is how I read it when I went and looked at the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Ah, ok. I see it now. It looks more like his opinion than things that were actually planned at the time? I could be wrong but that is how I read it when I went and looked at the original post.
    Oh. Damn. I read it with ”your eyes” now and you are probably right. I read it as the idea behind X-Men Forever was more daring and far reaching than the one we got. Damn. It is a very good idea.

Is Cable omega level TP? Or only alternate/clone versions where he didn't get infected with the techno-organic virus?

Incredible Member

Properly written, telepathy is a very potent and dangerous ability even at non-omega levels. Emma once subdued Storm, Colossus and Wolverine at the same time when she first appeared. Pyslocke, got the better of Rogue, Sabertooth, Blob and Supersabre at different occasions. Rachel blocked Bishop and Nightcrawler (and I think Storm) from accessing their powers. Nowadays though, the power is easily nerfed/neutralized or written as near-useless to move to the plot further or not overshadow the writer's favorite characters. So far, neither Jean or QQ have demonstrated an impressive telepathic feat that easily outclasses anything previously seen.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Properly written, telepathy is a very potent and dangerous ability even at non-omega levels. Emma once subdued Storm, Colossus and Wolverine at the same time when she first appeared. Pyslocke, got the better of Rogue, Sabertooth, Blob and Supersabre at different occasions. Rachel blocked Bishop and Nightcrawler (and I think Storm) from accessing their powers. Nowadays though, the power is easily nerfed/neutralized or written as near-useless to move to the plot further or not overshadow the writer's favorite characters. So far, neither Jean or QQ have demonstrated an impressive telepathic feat that easily outclasses anything previously seen.
    Telepathy is really hard to effectively use in superheroes stories. The idea that somebody can show up, think "stop!", and the fights suddenly over is a hard one to get around. It's why you always see the really big villains all have "and telepathy" or "telepathic resistance" at the end of their list of powers and skills.

It would make for really dull stories if Apocalypse showed up, Jean Grey just looks at him, and suddenly Apocy decides he'd rather go home and watch reruns of Night Court.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think she had problems in Hickman’s run because of, well, Hickman. And that is the problem with comparing feats written by different writers. What some writers see as the most powerful hero, other writers see as a mediocre hero. I wish they had a bible with all Marvel heroes’ powers and abilities and upper limits - and if they already have a bible, that the editors check with the bible when they edit the stories.

I wish this thread hadn’t become about what Jean can or can’t do. I thought this was about what an omega level telepath potentially could do. I don’t think any of the omega telepaths have started to really explore their powers. They are currently at the same level as the alpha telepaths (and in Quentin’s case I would say he is below). So looking at the current feats doesn’t really do anything. What would have been great fun, is if we could try to look at the next level of telepathy. What would that be? Cause that is where the omega telepaths will one day operate - and the level after that and the level after that.
    We have already seen what this is:
    figure-05_rachel-as-mother-askani_cable-v1-23.jpg

As Mother Askani, Rachel transcended her physical and mortal life and became a purely psionic being that could appear anytime and anywhere in the time stream. So for omegas this would be the next step for them, transcended a mortal shell and becoming beings of pure thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    We have already seen what this is:
    figure-05_rachel-as-mother-askani_cable-v1-23.jpg

As Mother Askani, Rachel transcended her physical and mortal life and became a purely psionic being that could appear anytime and anywhere in the time stream. So for omegas this would be the next step for them, transcended a mortal shell and becoming beings of pure thought.
    Yes, this does seem like the ultimate feat.

Jean did this way back when she reached her ultimate potential as a psi becoming Phoenix. She became a being of pure thought before reforming herself.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, this does seem like the ultimate feat.

Jean did this way back when she reached her ultimate potential as a psi becoming Phoenix. She became a being of pure thought before reforming herself.
    Yes, mama was first. She would later do this as a time-displaced teenager.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Yes, mama was first. She would later do this as a time-displaced teenager.

Thanks for posting the images!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Hahaha! Too cute! And yes, I'm itching for them to start exploring her powers as revealed during her time displacement. I'm just grateful they didn't choose to retcon or claim that she couldn't accomplish those feats now. Jordan D. White saying that she chooses not do those things now only means that she's still holding herself back, which has been a recurrent theme in her story. I imagine this insistence on holding herself back stems from Xavier implanting psychic barriers in her mind during her prepubescence. In other words, she has always been told or received the message that her powers are "too much." This, coupled with what she endured as a result of bonding with the Phoenix Force, has left her reticent to exhibit her power to its fullest potential.

Even in the Typhoid Mary storyline, part of the reason why Mary overwhelms her at first is that she initially holds back. When Mary says, "Why don't you make me, Jeannie," rather than just make her, she responds with, "I will, if you force me," which indicates that she knows she can swiftly stop her but, like with MeMe, it might result in death.
    Typhoid Mary storyline? Is it possible I missed that? Title and issue(s) please