Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default What DC hero/es should CW develop a show for next?

With Supergirl and Black Lightning over and only one new show Naomi premiering soon what DC hero would you like to see get their own show on CW next?

Here are some of my ideas:

The Outsiders- CW loves to make team shows so let's start with one right off the bat. The heroes Metamorpho, Katana, Geo Force, Halo and maybe Entrigan the Demon (to replace Black Lightning) could make a good show with the variety of characters and different powers.

Mark Shaw, Manhunter- With Green Arrow gone the Arrowverse could use another show about a non-powered superhero. The character Mark Shaw was introduced early on the Arrow show but Crisis could re-boot the character to be more in line with the comic counterpart.

Deadman- This could be an interesting concept and I read that some initial work was done to make a show before it was eventually dropped. I think a supernatural 'Quantum Leap' show would have worked with Boston Brand jumping bodies helping them out while searching for the hitman who killed him.

Dr. Occult or Dr. Thirteen- Need to have a show that explores the supernatural side of the DC universe. Constantine could use a rest and while I love Zatanna I think it would be hard to have Zatanna investigate supernatural mysteries while working at her usual career as a stage magician. [I could see a limited series that adapts the old storyline of her searching for her father]

Vixen- With her appearance in Arrow, an animated web series and her grandmother appearing in Legends it's time to pull the trigger and give her a series. i think it's long overdue.

What are your ideas on should appear with a CW series?

I wouldn't mind a CW take on some magical character, but they will probably all end on HBO Max now.

Maybe Teen Titans? No, seriously, I think they would work better here than in the serious Titans show (and I kind of like that show).
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I thought about doing a show about Sharif/Sinbad. He's this obscure character I became interested in.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Davood_Nassur_(New_Earth)

https://comicsalliance.com/superman-712-muslim/

He's the refugee teenager who becomes a superhero and tries to live up to Superman's example. It could be the next generation Smallville but better. It's inspired by John Ridley's take on Jace Fox.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-30-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Ultimate Member

Dunno why we haven't gotten a Booster Gold series yet.

I mean, the special effects budget would be super cheap

The Demon.

Incredible Member

Here's my list:

• Blue and Gold (Blue Beetle and Booster Gold)
    • Captain Atom
    • Challengers of the Unknown
    • Doctor Fate
    • Forever People
    • Fire and Ice
    • Icon
    • Mal Duncan and Bumblebee
    • Metal Men
    • Metamorpho
    • Mister Miracle
    • Zatanna

The Question.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    The Question.
    Given that Renee Montoya is on Batwoman now, this might be an interesting and viable direction to head off in.

That said, I'd honestly prefer if they just green-lit Green Arrow and the Canaries

I think some kind of show from the Wonder Woman franchise might be a good idea, since the Batman and Superman side of things are both covered.

[IMG][/IMG]

Spectacular Member

A teenage Johnny Thunder - or even Jonni Thunder - seems like a perfect character for the CW. Essentially it would be a teen version of I DREAM OF GENIE mixed with RIVERDALE.

Unfortunately, I think STARGIRL really kinda used the character poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I wouldn't mind a CW take on some magical character, but they will probably all end on HBO Max now.
    I think Zatanna could be cool. She might be better suited for a show than a movie, especially if they work in her relationship with her father - that's something they could spend a lot of time developing. Have Matt Ryan pop in for a few Constantine appearances and Bob's your uncle!

How about a Batwoman show actually staring the real Batwoman, Kate Kane? That could be good....

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Given that Renee Montoya is on Batwoman now, this might be an interesting and viable direction to head off in.

That said, I'd honestly prefer if they just green-lit Green Arrow and the Canaries

I think some kind of show from the Wonder Woman franchise might be a good idea, since the Batman and Superman side of things are both covered.
    The Montoya on Batwoman sounds like an idiot. If they did a Question using Renee, I'd prefer a fresh take on the character.

I would love to see a Green Arrow and the Canaries show; I just don't want to see the one they set up. It was such a horrible idea to set it in the future, and to include two characters from the present suddenly appearing in said future. It should have been Mia, William and Connor stuck in the past with their future having been erased. Find a way to also bring back JJ and bring back Zoe, and have it set in the present day with Mia taking over watching over the city for her dad. Crime wouldn't sleep for 20 years just because The Spectre waved his hand.

Well, they were looking into possibly doing a Wonder Girl show using the new Brazilian Wonder Girl, Yara Flor. But then they decided it would be a better idea to greenlight a live action Powderpuff Girls show.... whose pilot was reject and whose cast suddenly starting leaving. Reminds me when the WB canceled Angel to greenlight a remake of another vampire property, Dark Shadows... that didn't end up getting picked up. Oops.

Given their track record I shouldn't ask for this, but what I'd like to see is a Batgirls show, featuring Stephanie Brown and a PROPER Cassandra Cain, being mentored by Barbara Gordon.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Legion. I'm not a fan of them and the CW so they are perfect for each other.

I never thought Doctor Fate was interesting till Multiversity and Young Justice. So I'd probably do a Khalid centered Doctor Fate series. Where he becomes the new wielder of the Helmet of Nabu. It's the Spider-Man double life template but it works.

Bonus points if he uses the Doc Fate outfit but it's not essential.
    https://www.deviantart.com/sanctionx...Fate-700830044

I like the team aspect of YJ so I'm bringing in Zatanna, Mary Marvel and Traci 13 as supporting characters. I'm fond of DC's supernatural side so they will all pop up eventually. .

I like the Question but I don't think he's a good fit for the CW. If I had to pitch it, I'd do a mix of different eras. I liked the Conspiracy theorist angle of JLU as well as the dark romantic comedy he had with Huntress. I also liked the Urban Shaman route Rick Vietch introduced in The early 2000s so I'm adding that too. But we'd see how he'd learn that. It's gonna be a noir fantasy show.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-30-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Dial H for Hero - The premise of it would like for a show that can be done on a budget, episodically and cover multiple genres if need be. The "team" could be the leads multiple superhero personalities they adopt throughout the course of the show.