Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Could go with the original Vigilante for an Old West setting. In fact, outside of Jonah Hex, that's been largely left untouched for a good while now. Wouldn't be hard to do on the budget as well.

Speaking of a Batwoman show about Kate, how about actually having Batman in one of the shows? Doesn't have to be the main universe, but at least one where he is active. Maybe younger then what he would be, but still. Titans danced around Bruce dressing him, Gotham avoided it until the last episode, and Batwoman did its own thing with Bruce. And honestly, maybe a version like Adam West's wouldn't bad to bring back either.

If they did a Question I'd like to see a Vic Sage but have him be the urban Shaman he was innthe Vietch mini.

Why not LEGION/REBELS series. It's just a basic sci fi with no more effects than Legends.

Sargon would be an easy one also, animating objects would be as simple as Stargirl's staff with less flashy lights.

We could have Argus make an appearance in Flash (where he debuted) and spin off.

Secret six could also work

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Is none an answer?
    I seriously haven't enjoyed any of their adaptations since the early seasons of Smallville and I'd much rather see the cw shows go away.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Nemisis - Tom Tresser

A new Human Target- as much as I loved the last one make this one an actual master of disguise who impersonates who hired him to be the decoy/Target for their assassin.

The YJ4 would each work individually as seperate shows. Unlike the comics you could have them get older and come into their own. So you'd have to think more longterm.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Here's my list:

• Blue and Gold (Blue Beetle and Booster Gold)
    • Captain Atom
    • Challengers of the Unknown
    • Doctor Fate
    • Forever People
    • Fire and Ice
    • Icon
    • Mal Duncan and Bumblebee
    • Metal Men
    • Metamorpho
    • Mister Miracle
    • Zatanna
    They should have spun off Serinda Swan's Zatanna from "Smallville" into her own series years ago, but they missed the boat, in my opinion.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 12-31-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Bunker. Seems like a character that would suit CW.

BANNED

Batgirl was always a better TV concept than Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Legion. I'm not a fan of them and the CW so they are perfect for each other.
    I think they are doing a Legion animated show on HBO Max.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    But also a Blue Beetle and Booster Gold team up would be freaking Epic!
    This would never happen, because a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie has been stuck in Developmental Hell for over a decade. It's the reason Ted Kord was only mentioned on Arrow and never seen, and why we got Ray Palmer and The Atom- because they weren't allowed to use Ted Kord, because they were making a movie! Someday! Eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Could go with the original Vigilante for an Old West setting. In fact, outside of Jonah Hex, that's been largely left untouched for a good while now. Wouldn't be hard to do on the budget as well.

Speaking of a Batwoman show about Kate, how about actually having Batman in one of the shows? Doesn't have to be the main universe, but at least one where he is active. Maybe younger then what he would be, but still. Titans danced around Bruce dressing him, Gotham avoided it until the last episode, and Batwoman did its own thing with Bruce. And honestly, maybe a version like Adam West's wouldn't bad to bring back either.
    I'm pretty sure they can't actually, properly, use Batman on TV due to contractual obligations dating back to Batman '66. That's why the only time we see Batman is in flashbacks, or dream sequences, or as a glorified cameo at the very end of Gotham where he just stands there. I'm pretty sure they only have the rights to show Bruce Wayne. In fact, I'm pretty sure the rights to show Batman on tv now resides with Disney, since they bought out Fox.

CW is at their best when they do those cross-over episodes.

They should seriously just do a single season of Supergirl/Flash/Arrow crossover episodes, have it be a prequel or something before Oliver died. End the whole thing with a blast.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    If they did a Question I'd like to see a Vic Sage but have him be the urban Shaman he was innthe Vietch mini.
    At the same time, I wouldn't mind a more satirical take on the rigid moralistic and super-rational vigilante - something like the way Starship Troopers the movie was both very true to and extremely critical of the spirit and theme of the Starship Troopers novel.

As far as the urban shaman hero, Jack Hawksmoor from The Authority/ The Wild Storm would be my choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I literally wrote a letter to DC when I was a kid saying that The Question should be a tv show. But on the CW?? .... no. He's HBO Max.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I literally wrote a letter to DC when I was a kid saying that The Question should be a tv show. But on the CW?? .... no. He's HBO Max.
    Yeah go for that True Detective vibe.

The CW already has Ryan Choi. They already have a cool costume for him... When the Flash is done, he seems a natural. Bring in Ivy Town and a lot of what Simone introduced in her comic as far as supporting characters ("Team Atom!") and setting, and you're good to go.

Also, maybe a series based on the Khalid Nassour Dr Fate.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-31-2021 at 06:57 PM.

I like the Dial H idea others have mentioned.

Here was my idea, a Zatanna, Mister Miracle, Deadman TV show with the premise being they are doing a live stage performance. It could be a show based solely in Vegas or a travelling show.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.