Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Something teen-oriented would probably work best given the network, which I can see why they decided to go with Naomi. She more or less falls smack dab in their demographic.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Booster Gold and the Blue Beetles

Don't see how we haven't gotten a Highball series yet, I mean they should be able to do it without just turning it into a GLC show.

How about a Wonder Girl series? Isn't it time already for a Jessica Cruz series or a movie? If that's too much then I settle for a Mary Marvel web-series where she get thrown into the past & has to become sheriff to defeat Herkimer from changing the future!
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 01-07-2022 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Crocodile Man is best

Wonder Girl was already announced, but they cancelled their plans (was probably too soon, as it would've starred Yara Flor rather than Cassie Sandsmark or Donna Troy). Donna appears in Titans on HBO Max.

HBO Max also has a Green Lantern show coming up which will include Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Simon Baz, and Jessica Cruz.

Mary Marvel won't be happening. If you want to see her, watch the Shazam movies.

Naomi may end up being the last new DC show on the CW, as the network is now up for sale, and thus could end up with a major change of programming (and probably a new name) under new ownership.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Danger so we can figure out all of the intricacies that set him apart from Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Given that Renee Montoya is on Batwoman now, this might be an interesting and viable direction to head off in.

That said, I'd honestly prefer if they just green-lit Green Arrow and the Canaries

I think some kind of show from the Wonder Woman franchise might be a good idea, since the Batman and Superman side of things are both covered.
    i meant the Vic Sage version. i've not read anything with the Montoya version of the Question, not to say i'm not open to it.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I never thought Doctor Fate was interesting till Multiversity and Young Justice. So I'd probably do a Khalid centered Doctor Fate series. Where he becomes the new wielder of the Helmet of Nabu. It's the Spider-Man double life template but it works.

Bonus points if he uses the Doc Fate outfit but it's not essential.
    https://www.deviantart.com/sanctionx...Fate-700830044

I like the team aspect of YJ so I'm bringing in Zatanna, Mary Marvel and Traci 13 as supporting characters. I'm fond of DC's supernatural side so they will all pop up eventually. .

I like the Question but I don't think he's a good fit for the CW. If I had to pitch it, I'd do a mix of different eras. I liked the Conspiracy theorist angle of JLU as well as the dark romantic comedy he had with Huntress. I also liked the Urban Shaman route Rick Vietch introduced in The early 2000s so I'm adding that too. But we'd see how he'd learn that. It's gonna be a noir fantasy show.
    i've only read the 1st issue of the Vietch series, i enjoyed it a lot though and want to read the rest soon.

i really enjoyed the 1-5 of the O'Neil series(haven't read past that), issue 1 of the Vietch mini, the Jeff Lemire mini, and the JLU appearances. i think there's so many possibilities for a live action version of the character.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    How about a Wonder Girl series? Isn't it time already for a Jessica Cruz series or a movie? If that's too much then I settle for a Mary Marvel web-series where she get thrown into the past & has to become sheriff to defeat Herkimer from changing the future!
    They did set up some interesting new angles with Mary Marvel in the recent Young Justice arc.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i meant the Vic Sage version. i've not read anything with the Montoya version of the Question, not to say i'm not open to it.

i've only read the 1st issue of the Vietch series, i enjoyed it a lot though and want to read the rest soon.

i really enjoyed the 1-5 of the O'Neil series(haven't read past that), issue 1 of the Vietch mini, the Jeff Lemire mini, and the JLU appearances. i think there's so many possibilities for a live action version of the character.
    I just don't think the CW is the right place for him. HBO works better. Just get the guy who did True Detective to adapt him.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-08-2022 at 04:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

The Spectre in the Wrath of God mode from the Ostrander run. Punishing the unpunished and fighting supernatural threats.

With the CW being sold, I think we will see the end of the Arrowverse.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    A team show: Freedom Fighters.
    I've been thinking of a Washington-set show featuring Phantom Lady (a Senator's daughter). And while I don't like the idea that every CW/DC show has to turn into a team show, I think it would be a mistake not to have Black Condor, who is a Senator, and maybe some form of Uncle Sam, the spirit of the USA.

Doll Man and the Human Bomb really aren't necessary in my view.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I wholeheartedly agree that not every show has to turn into a team show, although teamups/crossovers would be welcome, but Doll Man and Human Bomb are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    CW is at their best when they do those cross-over episodes.

They should seriously just do a single season of Supergirl/Flash/Arrow crossover episodes, have it be a prequel or something before Oliver died. End the whole thing with a blast.
    Just gonna quote myself here

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I just don't think the CW is the right place for him. HBO works better. Just get the guy who did True Detective to adapt him.

that would probably deliver the highest quality show, but like i said there's a few different ways they could go and i think at least one of the directions could work on the cw.