Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    X-Men definitely has a structure problem. It seems like it's in a rush to introduce set ups and plot points and as a result, ends up being half-baked in terms of narrative.
    So far structure has been my only “problem” with the book. It goes monster of the week, peak into character motivations (I liked how Mercury described it as respectful though not very profound), and then an end-credits scene teasing a mad scientist. Other than the repetitive structure the book is entertaining enough (for now) and since it’s still early days I’m not gonna write it off yet. If we still doing this by issue 10… yeah I’m gonna be over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    For those unsatisfied with the motivation-reveals thus far, (for the voting) I'm curious what folks would like or perhaps theorize additional motives will be.

We've been provided explanations for Jean, Polaris and Sunfire, iirc?
    If granted the option to dial back the clock and give Duggan your reason, what would you give?
    And what about Synch, Wolverine, Rogue and Cyclops?

It is endlessly intriguing to read the vastly different interests the readership has when it comes to the content of any given series and any given issue.
    More Action! Less Action! More Feats! Chill with the Feats! Guest Appearances Plz! Focus on the Cast! But not like that! Actually definitely like that! haha

I'm still waiting on my coveted "we all just hang out in the treehouse and talk" issue.
    Have Synch bring Skin or Jono to check out the house. Show more of their private quarters. Have Rogue and Remy get caught canoodling by Laura in spaces they believed they wouldn't be found. Have Polaris invite Prodigy & Eyeboy to give a hand with some security modifications. And each and every scenario can have the respective core cast member tell us how they feel about being on this team after as many missions/encounters/etc they've done thus far.

Plz & thx.
    I love that. Can Marvel have you co-write? Pls and thanks
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-31-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Larraz can make me learn to like cats. Can't wait!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think the story is cool, it just seems a little fast. And that's where Jean is shining a little besides having Pepe's art

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Not every storyline has to fundamentally change the status quo of characters and the X series.

I think this is beyond the understanding of some.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Do we know him?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Honestly hope it’s someone besides Cyclops.

I hope it’s not Northstar either. I prefer them as they are.

I’d rather Cap’Kro be an existing mutant who’s never been an X-Man.

Or Michael Pointer.

Or Justice. I really hope it ends up being Vance.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 12-31-2021 at 11:35 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I'm also one of the people not fond of the pacing. I liked it at first, having a slow start to reintroduce the characters and set up the dynamics. But after 5 stories basically repeating the premise, with 1-2 pages at the end dedicated to establishing a future villain, it got old for me. I'd have rather we got 1-3 slow start issues, then jump into a tangible arc while still building up the characters. But at least the solicits point toward things coming together.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Honestly hope it’s someone besides Cyclops.

I hope it’s not Northstar either. I prefer them as they are.

I’d rather Cap’Kro be an existing mutant who’s never been an X-Man.

Or Michael Pointer.

Or Justice. I really hope it ends up being Vance.
    None of those can explain why would CK be allowed: a) To enter a team that was ELECTED by the mutant population and b) Become instantly THE LEADER of the team.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    basic storytelling 101 =/= status quo change

Again this is the flagship title of the biggest Marvel IP in the world, if a writer can't make it exciting then I don't know what they're doing

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Ain't that the truth.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    basic storytelling 101 =/= status quo change

Again this is the flagship title of the biggest Marvel IP in the world, if a writer can't make it exciting then I don't know what they're doing
    Didn't pass your english lit classes,did you?

English Literature is a critical analysis of Literature written or translated in English throughout History. It also includes Literary Theory which includes but is not limited to Marxism, Feminism, Structuralism, Post Structuralism, Post Colonialism, Queer Theory etc..

English Literature, contrary to popular belief, is hard to study. Unlike what most people assume, Literature students do not go about reading novels everyday and a simple interest in reading and/or proficiency in the English Language is not sufficient to understand Literature. For that, you need an aptitude for Literature. Only if you do so can you hope to pass or get a 55–60% (decent score in Delhi University).
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************

What is English literature and is it hard to study?
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-Englis...-hard-to-study
    Last edited by rcaguy; 12-31-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    It’s so obvious it’s Cyclops.. and even it isnt I wish Larraz art wasn’t wasted on this story. I could care less about Captain Krakoa.
    one of the solicts said cyclops didnt want him on the team

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Didn't pass your english lit classes,did you?
    please educate me daddy.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 12-31-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    one of the solicts said cyclops didnt want him on the team
    That could simply mean Cyclops doesn't want to become Captain Krakoa, but was forced to (because of Ulrich's investigations).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    please educate me daddy.

Though you might ask.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************

English Literature is a critical analysis of Literature written or translated in English throughout History. It also includes Literary Theory which includes but is not limited to Marxism, Feminism, Structuralism, Post Structuralism, Post Colonialism, Queer Theory etc..

English Literature, contrary to popular belief, is hard to study. Unlike what most people assume, Literature students do not go about reading novels everyday and a simple interest in reading and/or proficiency in the English Language is not sufficient to understand Literature. For that, you need an aptitude for Literature. Only if you do so can you hope to pass or get a 55–60% (decent score in Delhi University).
    ************************************************** **************************************************

What is English literature and is it hard to study?
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-Englis...-hard-to-study
    Last edited by rcaguy; 12-31-2021 at 07:19 PM.