Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Seeing this thread and the first thing I thought of was that comic where Thor and Storm went on a date.

Marvel Adventures: The Avengers #29

Yeah this comic and many like it makes the fight between storm and Thor fans seem pointless. Because even Thor and Storm are in awe of each other lol. I mean again just last week he believed storm to be able to do something even she didn't think couldn't do. And that speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    My guess it's because it's iconic part of his character, like Spider-man w/ his web shooters or Cap w/ his shield.
    Writers, specially relatively early on would take those away to higher stakes and make it seem like they can't fight competently w/out them w/ showing showing otherwise

Oh that makes sense.He usually does break nature via his "magic" rather than manip it, but he can use it to manipulate it as well but it's rare so not part of his fighting style.

No problem!You have a point IMO
    yes that could be it, but still, even though most of his feats, he has Mjolnir in his hands, his fans insist that he's powerful without him, in an opportunity where Jane had a hammer, I saw few powerful moments of Thor, although he remains the God of Thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Because the power actually is from the hammer. I remember once they said he used the hammer to chanel his innate elemental abilities but that was retconned when the god tempest was created. I for one have never seen or read him manipulating the elements without his hammer. Even when using gaea's blessing when he was her son he still used the hammer.
    Saying that on twitter or anywhere would attract a shower of people saying otherwise, lol

Who the sky, and a storm would obey? Storm or Thor? This would likely go into a willpower department.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Also with the psionic absorption would that mean that Krakoa is god since it needs like 2 mutants per year or whatever?
    Nope, because Krakoa doesn't absorb that latent psionic power through faith and prayer, and isn't shaped by belief and faith, it just sucks the energy from its prey...
    Last edited by Habis; 01-01-2022 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Thor easy, his Storms are much more powerful and destructive and quicker at that and it's not even close.

Same, ca't remember if it's canon.Prob. not

Also The Spider-man Logan part of this w/ the troll bit was hilarious
    Marvel Adventures is designed for younger readers and is not canon
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Power wise

Thor is magical and can create/control the weather through magic. Magic doesn't work by the laws of the universe and is pretty much limited by what Thor thinks.

Storm powers are science base and work on manipulating the atom and molecules of her environment. While her powers are vast she still has to work with the rules of the universe.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Its giving jobless bestie. Don't do that ☹
    What on earth does this mean? Sounds like uneducated Jive slang. Asking out of curiosity.

Fantastic Member

Honestly, I think the "difference" was simply created because Storm was a female character and editors at the time probably didn't want her out classing Thor because he's a man so they limited her powers by making her a manipulator. However, I don't think this "limitation" was ever the creator's nor the writer's intent and ironically I think it gives her possibilities that perhaps Thor can't attain. Thor creates storms magically, so while he has no limitations in creating storms, he also can only produce what we would typically associate with weather phenomena (lightning, rain, snow, etc). Storm, however manipulates energies to create weather. This gives her far more versatility and also allows her to manifest a wide range of phenomena depending upon the energies at hand in the space that she is in. So Storm technically is more of an energy manipulator than just a weather manipulator. Her energy manipulation just manifest itself, especially on Earth, as weather phenomena. So for me that is the difference.

As far as weather power is concerned I wouldn't say one is more powerful than the other. Their technique is simply different and because Storm has to truly understand the patterns involved, perhaps this is why she can create self sustaining weather with an enduring effect and Thor cannot. Storm would also be limited in caring about the balance of nature, not because she has to, she can destroy them if she wants to, but this isn't her nature. Whereas Thor can wreak havoc and not care at all as his phenomena does not upset that natural balance of the environments he is in.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Thor creates storms magically, so while he has no limitations in creating storms, he also can only produce what we would typically associate with weather phenomena (lightning, rain, snow, etc). Storm, however manipulates energies to create weather. This gives her far more versatility and also allows her to manifest a wide range of phenomena depending upon the energies at hand in the space that she is in.
    It is interesting that we see Storm occasionally doing things involving individual aspects of weather, like manipulating air pressure or subtly altering someone's body temperature or humidity to weaken them, while Thor is all 'poof, big raging thunderstorm!' and 'poof, storm be gone!' He *might* be able to magically replicate any of her stunts, but he'd have to think of them, or even understand the concepts, and while he's usually not a total dumbass (until recently, written by Aaron...), neither is he a meteorologist, nor, like Ororo, have senses tied into the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    My question was more "is he a weather manipulator if he manipulates weather through magic rather than natural means" though it doesn't make much difference I guess. My bad.
    I wish Thor's hammer had been established as a part of him, the same way Neil Gaiman's Sandman's Ruby, Helm and Sandbag are pieces of his power that he gave shape... that would be cooler than the hammer being a tool made by Odin...
    Last edited by Habis; 01-02-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Vulcan can manipulate faith energy.

The Greek Gods use product placement to siphon off belief. Belief in product placement. And mojo is similar depending on how many viewers or Twitter followers he has

The Greek gods lost a chunk of their power to new gods Claustrophobia Horoscope Cryptomnesia all born because of the times
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-02-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Amazing Member

Both Storm and Thor can do things the other can't. Thor can indeed create weather wherever, but Storm can use weather in ways that Thor can't. Her latest feat in SWORD #11 is not something Thor can do. She can use weather in much more creative and versatile ways

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Ikr! It's giving pathetic, also someone shout tell them that cannon means that **** is from marvel themselves. But hey what do I know I am just a storm fan *DUH*
    Cannons are used by the army.....canon is what is considered a general law or principle. You're welcome and carry on.

I do have to add that there has always been an element of worthiness to he who wields Mjolnir. Doom has failed it at for example. Does anyone know if Storm has, even if it is only a What If type story?