Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Major difference...beyond Thor is a god and Storm just pretended to be one...is that Storm can only work with natural weather patterns and alters them when using her powers whereas Thor's is mystical in nature so when he creates a storm it does not alter the natural weather patterns.

I see Thor as a good deal more powerful than Storm.

What Storm does has to make some kind of logical sense. Thor is a god. He doesn't need logic. His people sail viking oarships through space. He doesn't need to channel or summon anything. He creates it. I think Storm might have more fine controll, but then again, I don't think Thor needs or even wants the fine control.

Also, Thor can go punch for punch with the Hulk, but if Storm does that she'll die.

Thor is brute force.

Ororo is skill, versatility AND brute force.

If she were a flying brick she'd be his mom.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Only 1 is a Black Woman.
    lmao on EVERYTHING that was my first thought as soon as i read the title. lol

Also one is a full god and has been for millena and one becoming a goddess fully but is only in their 20s.

I think beyond powers Storm actually has more in common with Hercules. Perhaps both can act as mentors on her new path.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It is fun reading the pettiness in the thread though. of course storm isn't a god she is goddess. LMAO. But on the flip this is one of those kind of set yourself up threads cause i don't see the point to be honest.

i mean based on over half the posts the people aren't even reading the books so can't even offer real insight.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It is fun reading the pettiness in the thread though. of course storm isn't a god she is goddess. LMAO. But on the flip this is one of those kind of set yourself up threads cause i don't see the point to be honest.

i mean based on over half the posts the people aren't even reading the books so can't even offer real insight.
    the point of the thread was explained in the op. pettiness comes in all forms over the internet so I don't waste energy on those individuals. also Thor isn't a full god. his mom is phoenix and his father Odin.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the point of the thread was explained in the op. pettiness comes in all forms over the internet so I don't waste energy on those individuals. also Thor isn't a full god. his mom is phoenix and his father Odin.
    I stand corrected in canon your right about that and he isn't the son of the abstract phoenix he is the son of a mutant who was powered by the phoenix so at most he is a demi god or one could make the argument he too could be half mutant. I wonder what thor mutant power is.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    I think you summed it up pretty good. IMO, the word "manipulator" is key. She manipulates while he creates. They're both powerful and are really only held back by themselves. Right now Ororo101's take that she's the scalpel and he's the sledge hammer is appropriate.
    Mirroring our sentiment on twitter I'd love to see them team up more often.
    thank you sunny. I'm curious why marvel are writing more stories he recently where Thor actively looks to storm for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Before this turns into a vs battle I'd just pitch in and say this seems like a good breakdown

I don't think Thor has the versatility, sustainability or the nuance Storm has, whereas she doesn't have his sheer power and physical stats.

Thor could actually control Solar radiation and transmute stuff in comics, and usually holds back massively(1/3rd of his full power against mortals at best of smth) because he's afraid to hurt them.Kinda like Spidey of all people lmao
    when has Thor directly control solar radiation? I thought his powers were basic weather thunder, lightning, wind etc.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I stand corrected in canon your right about that and he isn't the son of the abstract phoenix he is the son of a mutant who was powered by the phoenix so at most he is a demi god or one could make the argument he too could be half mutant. I wonder what thor mutant power is.
    I thought it was phoenix that was his mom so you're saying he's just a demi God. thats very interesting. ru certain he is not sun of Phoenix but mutant human?

This surprises you? You have people who, if you followed their logic, characters like Emma Frost (diamond form) or Nezhno would be considered gods because they can take a punch from Hulk.

It's amazing how reading comprehension for some is so bad on a comic book forum. Even though it was flat out stated in the OP that this was not a VS thread by any means, you still have those rabid in their hate for Storm that they'd turn it into one just because they know in an out and out fight Storm would not win due to physicals.

In any case, whether people want to believe it or not, Storm is a Goddess. This is established canon and has been recognized by Marvel both pre-Hickman and current as well an official Marvel endorsed handbook. Whether people want to accept it or not is on them. As the saying goes "Facts don't care about feelings".

@Butterfly - Nice breakdown oh how their powers differ.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought it was phoenix that was his mom so you're saying he's just a demi God. thats very interesting. ru certain he is not sun of Phoenix but mutant human?
    yes the red haired girl from 1,000,000 years ago there was awhole story. So thor mother is a mutant cave woman that phoenix empoweres 1,000,000 bc in aaron's avengers. Though i guess since his birth thor has died a few times so he could have transcended to full god but yes, he is a demi god otherwise.

edit: oh and he also has an external powerup. The odin force and mjonoir.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-30-2021 at 09:47 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Apparently some ignoramuses still haven't heard of or are unaware of "thread drift".

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It's an interesting question because a "god" is a a god if and when others worship them.

Storm is worshipped so to me she is most definitely a god.

Thor is god because in the past people worshipped him, if they didn't he would be no different then a Beta Ray Bill or any other powerful alien.

Don't forget in the past royalty claimed divinity as their right to rule and once people stopped being scared that the royals were divine they were quickly overthrown.

Godliness comes from worship.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It's an interesting question because a "god" is a a god if and when others worship them.

Storm is worshipped so to me she is most definitely a god.

Thor is god because in the past people worshipped him, if they didn't he would be no different then a Beta Ray Bill or any other powerful alien.

Don't forget in the past royalty claimed divinity as their right to rule and once people stopped being scared that the royals were divine they were quickly overthrown.

Godliness comes from worship.
    The only thing I would add to this is that from that worship you are empowered beyond your normal levels, whatever that may be. I'm pretty sure the young mutants on Krakoa worshiped/has faith Magneto and even for all his power he does not gain further power from their worship.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    The only thing I would add to this is that from that worship you are empowered beyond your normal levels, whatever that may be. I'm pretty sure the young mutants on Krakoa worshiped/has faith Magneto and even for all his power he does not gain further power from their worship.
    But is that true for Thor? I don't think so