Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I don't know but a real god at least you must be bulletproof, not a woman woman who can kill her with a stone a stab or things like that.

Because of those kinds of "subtle" differences, is no one takes the supposed divinity of storm seriously, except fans of storm.
    I don't know she needs a Hulk to kill her Hulk's blows can split satellites if he wants to, with a simple and vulgar bullet well positioned you end the life of the pseudo goddess, that's why the comparison with Odinson a true God in all aspects, It's funny lol

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^so it’s an affectation.

^^^posters w. differing opinions are allowed to post in/on the same topics.

That said, my opinion is Thor is a god, Storm isn’t, this horse is dead and I won’t beat the poor thing, bye.
    Yeah agreed With this

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Well in thinking about the questioned that the op raised..

Using Hickman's terms, Storm is a weather manipulator, she psionically manipulates energy to produce weather effects... where as Thor under Hickman's classification would probably be called a Weather manifester. He manifest different weather patterns.

Its interesting that folks keep bringing up Thor's brick status when the op did not ever detract from the fact that thor is a powerhouse. They are curious about his weather abilities not the other abilities that he has.

Further, for me Storm is a swiss army knife. She can use and apply her powers in so many ways.. She is a scalpel, a laser, a wrench, a pliers, a sledge hammer, etc etc where as Thor seems to be very much about sheer force and powerful.. Like thor powers are like a jackhammer or bulldozer for me.

Further, if we think about Storm power wise. Weather is a really a by product of what her powers do as she basically gets in synch with environments and then manipulates the dominate forces of those environments. Thor doesn't do that.. He goes to space.. there is gonna be a tornado, he goes to another dimension with different laws.. its still gonna be wind, rain and lighting where as storm abilities adjust and are reformatted to do what ever. So for me the biggest differences in their powers is adaption, fluidity, and flexibility.
    "He goes to space.. there is gonna be a tornado, he goes to another dimension with different laws.. its still gonna be wind, rain and lighting where as storm abilities adjust and are reformatted to do what ever. So for me the biggest differences in their powers is adaption, fluidity, and flexibility." This right here.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I don't know but a real god at least you must be bulletproof, not a woman woman who can kill her with a stone a stab or things like that.

Because of those kinds of "subtle" differences, is no one takes the supposed divinity of storm seriously, except fans of storm.
    I don't know she needs a Hulk to kill her Hulk's blows can split satellites if he wants to, with a simple and vulgar bullet well positioned you end the life of the pseudo goddess, that's why the comparison with Odinson a true God in all aspects, It's funny lol
    and u forgot marvel writers too, which makes her goddess credibility canon:

by the way whats rogue up to these days???
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-31-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Thor has fans who don’t care what other people think of the character

Storm has fans that feel the need to tout their favorite character any chance they get
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and u forgot marvel writers too, which makes her goddess credibility canon:

by the way whats rogue up to these days???
    That close up shot of Storm is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    That close up shot of Storm is beautiful.
    it is gorgeous
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Not really. Worship isn't enough. Gods are a species on their own right.

The gods thenselves think they are descended from Elder Gods like Gaia, Oshtur, C'thon, Set or Knull, beings similar to Cosmic Entities that helped shape the universe.

But Loki claims that gods are created and empowered by stories and belief.

The Deonists/Soul Survivors aliens claim that gods are a species that feeds on the latent psionic energies of their worshipers, adopting the guise of figures from their myths and religion in order to secure that worship.

It seems divinity itself is a specific mutation: The X-Men once fought a group of scientists that after being exposed to radiation mutated into duplicates of the Hindu pantheon, and Red Hulk fought a group of mutates who had become duplicates of the Mayan pantheon after consuming diluted terrigen mists during generations (they even got power from human sacrifice...).

So worship isn't enough. Ororo would need the special ability to absorb psionic power from worship.

It seems Coates intends her to have that power, but for other writers she's just a mutant whose family is favored by Oshtur or Gaia.

I would rather not have her be a true goddess unless she puts Wakanda first and above all other concerns... I wouldn't like is Wakandans became just a battery of sorts to strenghen her power while she spends all her efforts serving Krakoa...
    ohh interesting, I never thought of lineage before.

Also with the psionic absorption would that mean that Krakoa is god since it needs like 2 mutants per year or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Not really. Worship isn't enough. Gods are a species on their own right.

The gods thenselves think they are descended from Elder Gods like Gaia, Oshtur, C'thon, Set or Knull, beings similar to Cosmic Entities that helped shape the universe.

But Loki claims that gods are created and empowered by stories and belief.

The Deonists/Soul Survivors aliens claim that gods are a species that feeds on the latent psionic energies of their worshipers, adopting the guise of figures from their myths and religion in order to secure that worship.

It seems divinity itself is a specific mutation: The X-Men once fought a group of scientists that after being exposed to radiation mutated into duplicates of the Hindu pantheon, and Red Hulk fought a group of mutates who had become duplicates of the Mayan pantheon after consuming diluted terrigen mists during generations (they even got power from human sacrifice...).

So worship isn't enough. Ororo would need the special ability to absorb psionic power from worship.

It seems Coates intends her to have that power, but for other writers she's just a mutant whose family is favored by Oshtur or Gaia.

I would rather not have her be a true goddess unless she puts Wakanda first and above all other concerns... I wouldn't like is Wakandans became just a battery of sorts to strenghen her power while she spends all her efforts serving Krakoa...
    this isn't quite accurate. asgardians do require worship and prayer:

and ororo did convert the faith and belief in her into power:

it was also explained that her mutation was something separate from her gift of godhead.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-31-2021 at 05:46 PM.

... continued from above

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

this isn't quite accurate. asgardians do require worship and prayer:

and ororo did convert the faith and belief in her into power:

it was also explained that her mutation was something separate from her gift of godhead.
    Well there you have it Q.E.D.

Storm is 100% a God

That's some good memory butterflykyss I could never remember those deep cuts from, I think, Jurgen's Thor run.

Ultimate Member

Thor has almost 800 solos and 3 movies that show and define his powers and skills to the point that no matter what non Jane Foster trade you pick up-Thor is defined.

Storm has NOT had that benefit of that. So yes there are questions of what she can actually do because it varies from writer to writer and editor to editor.
    Which means it varies by certain trades.

Example-Thunderball- he is a Doctor and was there when a certain green person got created. Yet how many times has he been shown as dumb? Only ONE book acknowledge his intelligence.

Falcon and talking to birds? Miles and his powers? That video game did more with Miles's powers than the books.

That is what happens when you don't have consistency. Yes a trading card or wiki can list Storm doing whatever. How many times has she done it by say the 80s? Meanwhile with Thor and others you get to see it.

BANNED

Some dumbasses think Thor is a brutal Viking all about power and ferocity and have turned him into a barbarous lout who is constantly drinking Mead and moaning when there isn't a fight or quest for him to sink himself in. Whereas the classic Thor under Stan and Kirby was a deity who could understand the profound natural laws and shatter them as well. He has performed millions of feats which require precision and minutest of concentration like directing magnetic currents to right a aliens ship feats of transmutation and the like. It's Aaron mostly who has turned him into a incompetent buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    That Thor is a real God, and that they use him the most with, is the powers of him class 100 +++ and that it is very difficult to assassinate.

Storm is also a powerful mortal, but less than Thor, and she specializes in her power to manipulate the weather and that unlike Thor she is very easy to kill due to having a fragile body.

Both powerful but Thor is more so, and in a 10-fight vs 10 fight, Thor would win and easy.
    And both are EASILY beyond Rogue iktr!!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

this isn't quite accurate. asgardians do require worship and prayer.
    I don't think you have read my post. I explained how gods (Asgardians included) are empowered and shaped by belief and faith.