Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Just finished skimming through Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe.

Her wins against high-level people depend hugely on PIS and Prep. For example, her win against the Avengers depends on her electrifying the floor and taking out everyone but Iron Man. Including Thor. While she states something about Thor being okay with DC current but not AC (this...is not true, Mjolnir absorbs pretty much all kinds of energy).

It might make for a funny story, but isn't terribly good for Rumbles purposes.

As another example, her 'win' against Magneto involves her dropping Ben Grimm on him, his weakness being 'non-ferrous rocks' (despite Magneto's force field working against...everything). She beats Classic Dr. Strange with...mind control (yes, mind control against apparently Classic Strange). An enraged Hulk loses because he finds the squirrels so cute he turns back into Banner. Etc.

Basically, it's comedy gags which, again, might make for an amusing story but don't really work as feats for Rumbles' purposes, as they depend heavily on PIS, SMvsFL, etc.
    It's Squirrel Girl. If anyone takes her feats seriously, there's a serious problem.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Right before this, he used a concussion grenade on the rest of the Great Lakes Avengers. And you can see in the first pannel he's clearly going for his sword, but never even gets the chance to get it out.

What happens next is exactly what Squirrel Girls says is going to happen. The very next panel has Deadpool tied to a pole upsidedown, in his underwear, and being handed over to the police.
    Also, Deadpool literally decapitated her teammate two or three pages before this. The idea that Wade is holding back is laughable.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Somehow missed these. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Data: I do not perceive your skills to be in question, Q. Rather, the Captain is concerned about your ability to work as part of a team.

Q: Oh, I'm not good in groups. It's hard to work in a group when you're omnipotent.
    Thaaaat's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Who is that?
    MightyGodKing was (is?) a blogger with a lot of opinions and stuff about comics. Some of it was good (his Civil War joke scans, I liked, as they pointed out the incredible stupidity of the entire thing), some of it...wasn't.

But he had some REALLY good ideas about how Marvel was screwing up Dr. Strange and what he would do with Strange were he to be in charge of the whole thing (ie, how Marvel SHOULD be using Strange). Pretty much nailed it as far as I'm concerned.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's Squirrel Girl. If anyone takes her feats seriously, there's a serious problem.
    It’s a problem if they take the joke feats seriously yes, but I think this thread has shown ample evidence that SG isn’t JUST a joke. She does have legit feats.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Hmm, it's debatable.
    No offence but I really don’t see how. As pointed out already, Wade is clearly going for his sword in the first panel. Plus look at his dialogue:

“Hey! Cut it AAAH!”

“Will you please stop?”

Does that sound like a guy thinking “well I could fight back but I can’t be bothered?” Doesn’t sound like it to me.