Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Squirrel Girl vs Captain America

Squirrel Girl vs Captain America

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

If she could take Down Dr. Doom and Thanos, she will OWN poor Captain America.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    If she could take Down Dr. Doom and Thanos, she will OWN poor Captain America.
    Pretty certain those are massive SMvFL incidents
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Not really, I mean that's pretty much all her feats, hitting the big guys.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

They depended heavily on off-camera wins and PIS. Not really applicable for Rumbles.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    They depended heavily on off-camera wins and PIS. Not really applicable for Rumbles.
    It's Squirrell Girl. Does she HAVE any other kind of showings?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Absolutely, she does. Feats actually showing off her enhanced stats and so forth have been brought out by people in the past.

However, Rumbles has never actually treated stuff like 'beat Thanos completely off-panel' as a good, representative feat, especially when the winner's presentation is 'somewhat enhanced stats and squirrels'. ^_^ Nor has Rumbles treated stuff like 'perfectly ordinary squirrels can chew into Doctor Doom's armor, ignoring its force field and the fact that it takes hits from Ben Grimm (this would be PIS)'.

I seem to recall a poster in the past coming up with a good write-up of how the Thanos win went down. Something like 'Thanos snags one of Galactus' cosmic reefers, gets incredibly baked, staggers around wearing a rubber cleaning glove talking about how he has the Infinity Gauntlet and will blow up the universe, Squirrel Girl leaps on him just as he passes out, and the Watcher proclaims it a victory'. Edit: It was Farealmer; saw his name, it jogged my memory!

Which makes about as much sense as anything else, and more sense than 'Doreen beats up a guy who finds planet busting attacks mildly annoying.' ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-05-2022 at 10:45 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

She will sic her squirrels on him and have him running away.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

She's absolutely run rampant on Wolverine and Deadpool alike. Her powers make her a diet coke Spider-Man with claws. She is gonna win here even without back up from her army. She's too fast and will just tear Steve to shreds.

That's all legit showings, not just jobber aura.

Can you post the scans, Cap? I’d be genuinely interested in seeing.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Can you post the scans, Cap? I’d be genuinely interested in seeing.
    I've never been able to post images on this site for some reason and don't have enough time to try right now, but they are pretty easy to find via Google image. And I recommend it, because both fights are hilarious.

She basically cuts Deadpool to ribbons. And she takes Wolverine apart in front of the Avengers in a sparring match.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 01-03-2022 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    The thing with Squirrel Girl, as I think we all know, is that she was created as a parody of us. I don't mean Rumbles specifically but the whole idea of fights between fictional characters, especially cosmic level characters. Almost by definition, her feats are SMvFL because she's basically a joke character created by someone who doesn't get and/ or doesn't like the idea of debating such fights.

Personally, I take any thread with her in it as basically a joke thread and her feats as SMvFL. For instance, her win over Doctor Doom requires an absurd vulnerability to his armor that clearly does not exist in any other story- okay, except that Luke Cage story that was almost as absurd. Then, most of her feats are off-stage.

In the thread, so far, however, Sharp has pointed out that she may have some real feats that do not require off-stage assumptions about what happened or P.I.S. But, since I don't know what those feats are, it's hard to have an opinion, other than that she clearly wins if this is a joke thread where her very SMvFL/ P.I.S. nature is valid.
    Power with Girl is better.

Here’s part of the fight with Wolvie. Bear in mind they’re just sparring.

B824FEDF-8D8D-4F19-B6E1-8FC3F8C9D4E1.jpg

And here’s the Deadpool one. He’s not really fighting back.

D0717CD8-8FD8-445E-85A8-29E9D19D6869.jpg

I could not read the dialogue at normal size, even with a magnifying glass. Increasing their size, the images were too blurred to read, even with the magnifying glass. So, all I can guess is that she was striking so fast they could not defend or get in any offense. Considering Wolverine's adamantium and healing, she also had to be striking very hard.

Again, she's a joke character. But, assuming these are reasonably typical on-panel showings, they are two impressive displays of speed and striking power.

Mind you, I see no evidence that Wolverine was hurt, just momentarily overwhelmed.

Cap's shield would help him. But not sure how much against someone who Wolverine can't get any offense against and Deadpool can't even manage to draw his sword before she hits him numerous times.
    Power with Girl is better.