Default R.I.P. Betty White

So sad to see her go. Always enjoyed her brand of comedy, and of course Golden Girl was a big part of what helped shape my sense of humor.

18 days away from being 100 years old.

That's such a terrible shame. I thought for sure she'd make to 100 and beyond.

I guess this means that the entire casts of both The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Golden Girls are now all gone.

RIP Betty White. At least her legacy in classic TV sitcoms will live forever.

BANNED

Ever so beautiful and classy. Rest in Peace Betty.

I got the news alert on my phone that Betty White had died and less than an hour later, I was in the supermarket and I saw the cover of People Magazine that had a picture of Betty White with the headline "Betty White Turns 100." I know that they print out the covers well in advance, but it was still so sad to see that.
    RIP Betty White
    Watching television is not an activity.

We lost a legend, an icon, and an overall amazing and memorable cool gal.

RIP Ms. White. Thank you for all the years of fun, laughter, and love.

Retired

I've been watching the early episodes of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW (prior to Betty White being cast as Sue Ann Nivens) and Lou Grant really admires Allen Ludden. He seems to be one of Lou's personal heroes. I don't know what the story behind that is--if the producers knew Ludden or if Ed Asner knew him. Betty White, of course, was Allen Ludden's wife and they always seemed so much in love. It was sad when Ludden died in 1981--I felt sorry for Betty losing her soulmate. And through these years without him, I've wondered what kept her going. Maybe she knew in her heart that he was always there for her and they would be reunited in the end.

One last middle finger from 2021.

Apparently the planned celebration for her 100th will still proceed but will now be a tribute to her life.

Rest in peace, Ms White. Thank you for being a friend.