Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suicide Squad #11 preview/discussion

https://comicbookdispatch.com/suicide-squad-11-preview/

I hate to say it but Ambush Bug brings up a great point...what does Waller see in Earth-3? I mean by DC obviously it’s a crossover sales purpose as people might buy Suicide Squad vs Crime Syndicate but there is a whole Omniverse out there.

So why if multiple earths exist, space between multiverse, multiverses between multiverses, and a dark multiverse would she want Earth-3?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I hate to say it but Ambush Bug brings up a great point...what does Waller see in Earth-3? I mean by DC obviously it’s a crossover sales purpose as people might buy Suicide Squad vs Crime Syndicate but there is a whole Omniverse out there.

So why if multiple earths exist, space between multiverse, multiverses between multiverses, and a dark multiverse would she want Earth-3?
    I'm still holding out hope that Waller's been replaced by her Earth-3 doppelganger.

Ambush Bug is the voice of reason. What is the world coming to?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that Waller's been replaced by her Earth-3 doppelganger.
    But Waller has always operated in shades of gray. I think gray’s opposite is just more gray.

When was the last time Waller wasn't depicted as a sociopath?

Peacemaker vs. Bloodsport. Now in comic form!

hey DC you just kill the earth-8 heroes in justice league incarnate

Yeah and what about machinehead who dies even before in Infinite Frontier and his armor is not even the same color...

....how the heck can Waller kidnap every alternate version of Bloodsports brother?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

....how the heck can Waller kidnap every alternate version of Bloodsports brother?
    She didn't kidnap, she placed a bomb in their brain. Or at least, that's what Bloodsport thinks.

...still dumb as hell.

And though I'm not a fan of synergy all the time, kinda underwhelming that Bloodsport hasn't been revamped to match his movie counterpart.

Spectacular Member

An idea for which Marvel pastiche is Oedipus ?

I really enjoyed this issue. Ambush Bug has always been one of my favorite characters so even if I’m not 100% behind some of the book’s direction, I’m still having a good time reading.

Haha I started to hear Bloodsport’s dialogue in my head as Idris Elba’s voice right when Bug made his comment !

Ambush Bug arguing with the editor and doing a Stan Lee cameo awesome. Wasn’t expecting a Suicide Squad vs Thunderbolts battle but it looks like we’re getting that in the next issue. I wonder who Waller wants from the Lightning Strike roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Yeah and what about machinehead who dies even before in Infinite Frontier and his armor is not even the same color...
    Pretty sure that was the Earth 8 Warmachine what with the shoulder cannons. I liked how they combined the Earth 8 and Marvel continuity. The American Crusader seemingly died and now “The Flacon” has taken up the mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    An idea for which Marvel pastiche is Oedipus ?
    Elektra. The female equilvelant of an Oedipus complex is an Elektra complex. Funny enough, the name has already been used for a pastiche... in the Tick of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Pretty sure that was the Earth 8 Warmachine what with the shoulder cannons. I liked how they combined the Earth 8 and Marvel continuity. The American Crusader seemingly died and now “The Flacon” has taken up the mantle.
    Oh yes it could be War Machine and Cap Falcon, thanks man !

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Oh yes it could be War Machine and Cap Falcon, thanks man !
    I think the Machinehead full of weapons over his shoulders was a hint on that.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Elektra. The female equilvelant of an Oedipus complex is an Elektra complex. Funny enough, the name has already been used for a pastiche... in the Tick of all things.
    Okay, well they have look far from him X)

So if i resume we have :
    Blood Pouch = Deadpool
    Dead Red = Red Hulk
    Oedipus = Elektra
    Thing-Man = Man-Thing
    Thrill Kill = Punisher or Bullseye ?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    But Waller has always operated in shades of gray. I think gray’s opposite is just more gray.
    That would be amazing, they switch but both realise they're exactly the same. Like a weird nexus of perfect balance.

Seriously, though, as Frontier says - Waller was never a bad person in the original run. She was very complex, politically savvy and made choices that were open to interpretation. It's much easier to writer her more as a defined hero/villain (depending on what the writer needs).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!