Extraordinary Member

Default Justice League Infinity #7 Preview

Justice League Infinity #7 Preview
    Writer: J.M. DeMatteis and James Tucker
    Artist: Ethan Beavers

I love it .

Mighty Member

Well, that was a very satisfying conclusion. Amazo II's defeat might seem anticlimatic for a bit, but I liked that they made room for a more fleshed out conclusion. I liked how everyone inside Green Lantern's bubble contributed to restoring the multiverse, even if I kind of rolled my eyes at Batman and Wonder Woman holding hands. It feels surreal to see DCAU characters actually acknowledging the Speed Force. Did they ever do that in JLU after Flash's return?

I had a feeling J'onn would be returning to the League, but his new position is cool and feels like a natural progression of his character. I also liked that he didn't abandon his life right before the story arc started. I'm glad Vixen was the one who took the initiative and broke up with John. Much better solution to that story unlike a certain other comic. The final meeting between the JL and the JA was nice, but I find it funny that Batman-D has done nothing but hover around in the background.

I was not expecting them to actually show a remorseful Overman, but I also completely forgot about all the mental manipulation Savage pulled on him. Still, he's choosing to surrender and face trial for his crimes. The final scene at Wally's party was a good way to book-end things, even if I'll never get used to DCAU Blue Beetle. I suppose Grodd survived his fate in JLU, but how?

Overall, this was a fun series with tight writing and great art. I hope we get a second season to it.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I haven't read any of the issues, but I just wanna comment that I find it kinda funny that Supes replaced the red underwear with red shorts shorts lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Mighty Member

It's just the cover's choice lol. He uses regular undies in the comic itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    It's just the cover's choice lol. He uses regular undies in the comic itself.
    Well, that's disappointing .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Enjoyed the last few issues of this, now I have to dig through my piles of comics and read the whole thing. It's always nice to see new JM DeMatteis comics.

It's interesting that at roughly the same time the baseline DCU has a multiverse-spanning tale starring President Superman (JL Incarnate) the DCAU has a similar sort of comic. Not sure what to make of it, whether it's just part of DC pushing Calvin a bit or two different creators having similar pitches at the same time.

Mighty Member

Probably the latter, which wasn't helped by the comic giving Calvin's costume to Earth-D Superman.

BANNED

I'll admit that while I like the story a lot I think it should have been a little longer to give more build up to the villain reveal, it kind of comes out of left field

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Probably the latter, which wasn't helped by the comic giving Calvin's costume to Earth-D Superman.
    Lol until you said this I thought that was Calvin in this book, due to the costume.