Page 73 of 118 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1766
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kang hooking up with Havok's and Wasp's daughter would be too creepy.

Pass.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

You mention Ravonna...

What if, Reed's new long lost sister is Ravonna, and King Carelius is actually Nathaniel Richards during his cross time adventuring? That would be a big "Wait, who?" for a lot of people. Obscure enough to not cause too many issues with continuity, but interesting enough for Slott to just drop the mic with on his way out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Glad to know a character from
    spoilers:
    Claremont's
    end of spoilers
    run is back. Now what about
    spoilers:
    Caledonia. Puppy, Mechamage, and TOAA know who else?
    end of spoilers
    The FF have had many writers over the years and some of them have made additions to the franchise. It should be the rare atypical run that's completely ignored. Now writers generally have high degrees of confidence in and love for their work. It's why they (mostly) all redo the Reed gains humanity and Johnny gains maturity subplots. But much was added by people not named Lee or Kirby and the best from each run should be kept and not just used for cannon-fodder.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    You mention Ravonna...

What if, Reed's new long lost sister is Ravonna, and King Carelius is actually Nathaniel Richards during his cross time adventuring? That would be a big "Wait, who?" for a lot of people. Obscure enough to not cause too many issues with continuity, but interesting enough for Slott to just drop the mic with on his way out the door.
    I would be absolutely ecstatic at this development.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    You mention Ravonna...

They won't make both Kang and his love interest descendants of the Richards bloodline.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Ok. We don't know for sure Kang is a descendant. Sure it's something writers like to ambiguously play with - still not confirmed.

Why would Kang know Ravonna's bloodline other than that of his rival in the 40th century?

No one is going to settle the blood line soon. Writers in an effort to add their own chapter have continued to move the needle to yes. This would position the needle back the other way a bit.

It's not establishing anything other than Ravonna is Reed's sister. Carelius is an alias for Nathaniel.

So maybe her being the descendent of a mutant and an Avengers heiress doesn't sound so bad?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY220930?Prevue=1

New Fantastic Four 3 of 5 preview.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY220930?Prevue=1

New Fantastic Four 3 of 5 preview.
    This story has been hard to stomach.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Geez, and here I was dreading that they'd give the FF to Aaron. That would be even worse! It half of my FF nightmare team. Bendis writing with Liefield on art.

Peace
    You can't just say "peace" after dropping a mental image like this man, that's anything but peaceful .

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Oh god.. no… we’d have FF DISASSEMBLED!
    I remember hearing that Disassembled was originally planned to be an Ultimate F4 story, wonder if that's legit, and how it'd happen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I mean he Carol, Spider-Woman, Jessica Jones, Echo and others well enough that they're still used to this day. People like his work on Jean Grey and Kitty Pryde. He brought back Squirrel Girl too.

So it's just Scarlet Witch and the Wasp (who he brought back).
    Wasn't Wasp's death a Quesada thing too? Where he was making a bunch of married heroes end their marriages in some way?

And while what Bendis did with Wanda can't be excused, she seemed to be just the character he decided to use to get rid of some classic Avengers members to make way for New Avengers, meaning that he probably didn't even care about Wanda and she was just a means to an end, so I don't think he'd make Sue go through some nonsense like that.

Not that this means he wouldn't fuck up some character during his run, and he could prove me wrong and fuck up Sue like he did with Wanda, it is Bendis after all lol.

Also, if he doesn't have more stuff to do at DC, maybe he's getting more involved in that LSH cartoon that is apparently based on his run? That could keep him busy if he's getting more involved in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This story has been hard to stomach.
    Not familiar with the artist on that book, but he's definitely got an Art Adams / Nick Bradshaw vibe -- which I like.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

How would everyone feel if it were Nick Spencer taking over as writer. Saw someone mention him and it fits the writers name starts with 'N' theory.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    How would everyone feel if it were Nick Spencer taking over as writer. Saw someone mention him and it fits the writers name starts with 'N' theory.
    I would take him over Slott in a heart beat, his work at trying to fix spider-man before editorial butted in was good stuff and he respects relationships and can write females.

Spencer and Larraz/Silva/McGuinness would be my ideal team on a book that's going to get the spotlight soon enough in 2024, and maybe even next year if rumours are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Spencer would be good, but I don't expect to see him working for Marvel again nowadays. He does not appear even in milestone issues like ASM #900 with short stories. Since he took an administrative job at Substack, he seems completely out.

About that... he's gone. Substack Comics – Nick Spencer No Longer On Staff
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/sdcc...nger-on-staff/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman