Page 89 of 118 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1766

spoilers:
    Hide your wives! Johnny Storm is back with a "burning" passion! Honestly this was the story I was most focused on, seeing Johnny back to normal and even single again too. The artwork for this was also really great, some really good scenes of the family together. Truthfully I wasn't that interested in Reed's sister story or whatever but again cool artwork for everything in it.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 08-24-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Soooo....the Thing doesn't want to cured, because he is proud of who he is...which is a giant rock monster that only gets one day a year to be normal with his wife.

Whatever, Slott.
    They should have called Sharon at that point. Poor Sharon.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Soooo....the Thing doesn't want to cured, because he is proud of who he is...which is a giant rock monster that only gets one day a year to be normal with his wife.

Whatever, Slott.
    All they had to do was say that the machine could only cure the excess radiation from Johnny and Skye and they'd have to come up with something else for the other victims.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Yeah, it was stupid. And Joanna will rejoin the other siblings of Reed Richard: we will never heard of her again (seriously, she was totally uninteresting). And I continue to be bothered that Reed Richards was absolved of his original sin: if he never made a mistake, if the shields of the first vessel who transformed them worked perfectly, he is now just a perfect character, who is never wrong, and who never learn.
    Joanna is just here for the Nathaniel plot; she's supposed to be boroing and Slott already lamp-shaded Nathaniel as being alive.

I hope North brings back powered Franklin. God damn.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

8 more issues….8 more issues…

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They should have called Sharon at that point. Poor Sharon.
    Indeed.

Peace

Amazing Member

I think Ben gets a week off each year. But anyway, you'd think he'd at least ask his wife what she thinks, but no, he's just gonna stay this way because his kid thinks he's cool. Alicia can just keep sleeping next to a pile of rocks every night.

Mighty Member

This run is more pathetic than my students' exam grades.

Man, that finale was rushed and messy. But on Aunt Jo wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I wouldn't mind if she reappeared in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Same here. Looks like he had further plans but then left the book.

Dan Slott cancelled plans: Sue Storm & Marvel Villains
    Thank god his run ended before that. It highlights his lack of knowledge on Sue.

Sue can already make soundproof force-fields, has been able to for years.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When did Sue become ms. "call me by my maiden name?" Not that I have anything against a married woman using her maiden name, but she's been called "Mrs. Richards" and shown to take pride in that name for years.
    Has she been doing this earlier in the run? It's ... well, I'll be kind and say odd.

Fantastic Four #46
    by Dan Slott & Cafu, cover by Cafu
    "Family First"! Not a dream. Not a hoax. This is real. Thanks to the knowledge of the Watchers, the lost daughter of Nathaniel Richards has been found. It's time to finally meet the mysterious sister of Reed Richards. But is it time to welcome her into the family? It's a day of amazing adventures both in her world, and in the world of the Fantastic Four. Guest-starring Namor, King of Atlantis.
    Okay, is my copy missing pages? Cause I didn't see Namor guest starring in this issue at all.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When did Sue become ms. "call me by my maiden name?" Not that I have anything against a married woman using her maiden name, but she's been called "Mrs. Richards" and shown to take pride in that name for years.
    She's been hyphenating for a while and going by Sue Storm-Richards. But never going solely by her maiden name.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Has she been doing this earlier in the run? It's ... well, I'll be kind and say odd.
    She hasn't been. It's not a bad idea, but it is out of nowhere. Slott has pointed out the "Richards!" cries from villains (this is good, he deserves some credit for this bit of fun) and it's possible that Sue just wants not to blend in with the plethora of Richards getting yelled at by villains. Or the movie is planning on using Sue's maiden name even if Reed and Sue are married there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Okay, is my copy missing pages? Cause I didn't see Namor guest starring in this issue at all.
    Sloppy work on the solicitation. To be honest, I think Namor adds almost nothing to the Reed and Joanna plot, but it would have added to Joanna's Marvel Universe connections.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Someone please do me the kindness of confirming this is in fact the last issue with Slott at the Helm? Because i can't take anymore. I mean honestly the entire handling of the characters was what truly broke me on this, this man just did not know how to give them life that it was painful to watch, the few good issues were overshadowed by the bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Someone please do me the kindness of confirming this is in fact the last issue with Slott at the Helm? Because i can't take anymore. I mean honestly the entire handling of the characters was what truly broke me on this, this man just did not know how to give them life that it was painful to watch, the few good issues were overshadowed by the bad ones.
    It's his final issue.

The next two issues are Sue-focused stories written by David Pepose. Then the new creative team of Ryan North and Iban Coello will take over in November

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    She hasn't been. It's not a bad idea, but it is out of nowhere. Slott has pointed out the "Richards!" cries from villains (this is good, he deserves some credit for this bit of fun) and it's possible that Sue just wants not to blend in with the plethora of Richards getting yelled at by villains. Or the movie is planning on using Sue's maiden name even if Reed and Sue are married there.
    Okay. That's what I thought. It just makes Sue look silly insisting villains call her by a name she just started using.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sloppy work on the solicitation. To be honest, I think Namor adds almost nothing to the Reed and Joanna plot, but it would have added to Joanna's Marvel Universe connections.
    Sloppy? An outright lie. I ordered this issue because of that solicitation, not because Slott's horrible Reed or his new character. WTF.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-24-2022 at 06:37 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?