Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Yeah I've said many times that I'd like Sue to have friendships and do things outside of the family. But this run isn't going to do that, so hopefully it happens in the next or she appears more in other books.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sue does have established friendships in the hero community (I think she's had a few Girls Nights with other female heroes on-panel), but we don't see them as often.

Well, all of the FF occasionally suffer by non-appearances elsewhere, but no one more than Sue, agreed.
    I like the Sue girls night out or team up, Lady Liberators and Daughters of Liberty.
    So one of the things Sue could "teach" is mentorship, and team dynamics/group process.
    I always see her as a very rational, peace-seeking person, so these should be shown to be functional too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Amazing Member

Now that she has the time and money, maybe Sue could go back to school. I remember Johnny once telling Ben that Sue never got the opportunity to finish college because she had to spend too much time raising him. Now's her chance to finish whatever degree she was working on.

Just read the latest issue. My favourite part was the passwords. ST102 for the Wizard, first appeared in Strange Tales 102 and FF570 for Bentley, first appeared in Fantastic Four 570.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Just read the latest issue. My favourite part was the passwords. ST102 for the Wizard, first appeared in Strange Tales 102 and FF570 for Bentley, first appeared in Fantastic Four 570.
    Whoa....I didn't catch the one for the Wizard.

Strange Tales? So he was a Human Torch solo villain originally?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yup. He was a scientist so reclusive that no one knew what his real name was, he was only known as the Wizard. He didn't wear his armor or anything (actually wears a suit that let's him mimic the Torch's powers) and is jealous of the Torch's popularity so he frames him for crimes. Those Human Torch stories in Strange Tales were some of Lee's weakest work.

It's a shame that Wizards focus went from Johnny to Reed. Reed has more than enough villains targeting him specifically.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

I think it was a missed opportunity that an arc about the Wizard trying to legally claim custody of Bentley didn’t have a appearance or even a mention of his estranged daughter (and another ex of Johnny’s) Cole. You’d think the FF would call her as there first witness to show The Wizard is nowhere near a fit parent. Plus it would be nice to see how Cole and Bentley would interact.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And Paste Pot Pete. Stan Lee gave Johnny a small rogues' gallery of villains some of whom went off to join teams, such as Plant Man, Beetle, and the original Eel.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And Paste Pot Pete. Stan Lee gave Johnny a small rogues' gallery of villains some of whom went off to join teams, such as Plant Man, Beetle, and the original Eel.
    And then Beetle became a Spider-Man villain.

Eel became a spidey and daredevil foe and plantman started fighting hawkeye in the 80s also.

One or two of these early '60s tales were my first intro to the FF, though only Johnny and Sue. I was 8 and couldn't read well, so the story elements / actual plot probably wasn't a problem. I remember being fascinated by the art. Comics were pretty new to me, this was 1964. I remember the Wizard being rather ugly, and overall menacing. Somehow Johnny got the upper hand in this battle/fight/tale, because Sue, invisible helped him. They tricked the Wizard into believing he had extra powers. Invisible Sue took cards from W's hand and "floated them" to the Torch, freaking out Wizard. Or that is how it struck me. Gorsh I haven't see those scenes in near 60 years. But as a kid there was a moodiness and it was a little scarey.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

That would've made Johnny appear to be telekinetic!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman