Page 31 of 118 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You can also check out his Guardians of the Galaxy run.

I'd love Ewing on the FF .

BANNED

Extremely random but:

I somehow recently only learned about the Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four series, and being an obsessive completionist, I put together the whole 50 issue run - except for number 47. I have looked everywhere I can look around here and online. Ebay, Hipcomics, Mile High, etc and there simply isn't one. Closest I've come is a sold auction on Ebay that for some reason is still populating doing web searches.

Anyone have a line on where to find that #47? I'd really only deal with a shop directly or online. Not into buying person to person online.

Also, I don't know if that series just had very limited publication numbers, but they were pretty hard to find. Anyone know any more details about that series? I know it was a "all ages" deal like the other Marvel Adventures lines, but the series is really pretty good, and it's not a reprints or re-tellings like some other stuff that was running around that time - all new stories.

I remember buying some of these but I don't have a very complete collection. It was an imprint that came out in 2005 for younger readers and they were not in continuity. There was also a Spider-Man and Avengers title in this line. It could have been because some comics had gotten very dark, esp. Mark Waid's Unthinkable in the Fantastic Four that Marvel decided to come out with a version of their more popular titles in this format. They also came out in digest form but it doesn't look like they came out with a final volume. If you are just wanting to read the comic, issue #47 is available on Marvel Unlimited.

I don't know how many comic shops are in your area but there's always the back issue bins.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-26-2022 at 09:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I remember buying some of these but I don't have a very complete collection. It was an imprint that came out in 2005 for younger readers and they were not in continuity. There was also a Spider-Man and Avengers title in this line. It could have been because some comics had gotten very dark, esp. Mark Waid's Unthinkable in the Fantastic Four that Marvel decided to come out with a version of their more popular titles in this format. They also came out in digest form but it doesn't look like they came out with a final volume. If you are just wanting to read the comic, issue #47 is available on Marvel Unlimited.

I don't know how many comic shops are in your area but there's always the back issue bins.
    I believe the darkness of the era thing driving this line. These stories are pretty simple, straightforward, like a Saturday morning cartoon show. And the art is vibrantly colored. I saw the digests, but I always want to go the extra to get the physical comic.

I've only got a handful of shops within what I call a close area, and there was only one place that had one issue. So I guess the search will continue.

Just unlocked Victorious in Future Fight. You get her by playing the Fantastic Four Epic Quest - she actually unlocks before Johnny does! Sue is premium, Reed is unlocked on starting the Epic Quest and Ben is unlocked some point between Reed and Victorious.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just unlocked Victorious in Future Fight. You get her by playing the Fantastic Four Epic Quest - she actually unlocks before Johnny does! Sue is premium, Reed is unlocked on starting the Epic Quest and Ben is unlocked some point between Reed and Victorious.
    Is this one of those online games where you have to have subscription? I loved Marvel Ultimate Alliance from a while back but haven't really tried any of them since.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-27-2022 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    I believe the darkness of the era thing driving this line. These stories are pretty simple, straightforward, like a Saturday morning cartoon show. And the art is vibrantly colored. I saw the digests, but I always want to go the extra to get the physical comic.

I've only got a handful of shops within what I call a close area, and there was only one place that had one issue. So I guess the search will continue.
    I know I've seen a few of them at my LCS but I doubt they have a full run.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is this one of those online games hwere you have to have subscription? I loved Marvel Ultimate Alliance from a while back but haven't really tried any of them since.
    It's a mobile game that's been running for seven years. Free to play, but it does have microtransactions.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thanks! I downloaded the PC version from Bluestack so I can try this out. It will probably take me a while to be able to get use of Victorious
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-27-2022 at 09:53 PM.

You'll get several characters for free just by accessing the Epic Quests and Legendary Battles, including Reed. It took me about a month to get to Victorious by following Reed's questline.

the thing.jpg

Does anyone here know if this is a comic or where was it published?
    Because when I type the title I get nothing?

Looks like it's fanart. There's no Marvel Feature #16.
    https://thevaluablehulk.tumblr.com/p...by-steve-parys

https://deadline.com/2022/04/spider-...lm-1235013110/

So it looks like Jon Watts won't be directing the first F4 outing in the MCU. Part of me is sad that this can further delay the movie but I'm also happy that we can have someone with a little more visual flare than Watts.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 04-29-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    https://deadline.com/2022/04/spider-...lm-1235013110/

So it looks like Jon Watts won't be directing the first F4 outing in the MCU. Part of me is sad that this can further delay the movie but I'm also happy that we can have someone with a little more visual flare than Watts.
    That’s not a guarantee as Feige could easily bring another bland director. I now fully expect Peyton Reed to get the job which isn’t all that much better to be honest as he doesn’t have much visual style either.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.