Page 8 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Modern wizard would chastise Johny as lacking in sufficient brains to be a telekinetic. He was considering him a overrated fraud even before in one of the earlier mind control arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Modern wizard would chastise Johny as lacking in sufficient brains to be a telekinetic. He was considering him a overrated fraud even before in one of the earlier mind control arcs.
    Retconning the Wizard as a Jim Hammond fan would be a nice way to explain his feelings towards Johnny. And I'm confident Johnny is the least intelligent of the Four.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I think Wyatt Wingfoot should get superpowers and become a hero.

- It could have Wyatt be more involved in FF adventures
    - He could be used more in the Marvel Universe in general
    - It would be great Indigenous representation

I just want more Wyatt and this would be a good way to elevate a great character.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

I just want more Wyatt and this would be a good way to elevate a great character.
    I'm down with giving Wyatt more spotlight but I feel like we need to come up with more creative things to do with supporting characters than just giving them superpowers and making them Superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm down with giving Wyatt more spotlight but I feel like we need to come up with more creative things to do with supporting characters than just giving them superpowers and making them Superheroes.
    I don't. The writers need to do that and with how infrequent his appearances are I think superpowers are a better bet tbh. We can always hope for better writing with the supporting cast and things like that, but with the FF's track record they're supporting cast may get a moment once every 10 years at best. The allure or doing their own take on Reed vs Doom or Galactus is a greater pull than giving development to the supporting cast. Heck, most of the main cast doesn't get that.

So I think that while it's not very inspired, making Wyatt a superhero is the way to have more appearances from the character.

I don't. The writers need to do that and with how infrequent his appearances are I think superpowers are a better bet tbh. We can always hope for better writing with the supporting cast and things like that, but with the FF's track record they're supporting cast may get a moment once every 10 years at best. The allure or doing their own take on Reed vs Doom or Galactus is a greater pull than giving development to the supporting cast. Heck, most of the main cast doesn't get that.

So I think that while it's not very inspired, making Wyatt a superhero is the way to have more appearances from the character.
    I don't think powers help if only because we have enough costumed types in the narrative or MU as is. At the end of the day it's the core four and everybody else one way or another, and powers won't change that.

People without powers in Superhero stories are extremely underrated and squandered.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think powers help if only because we have enough costumed types in the narrative or MU as is. At the end of the day it's the core four and everybody else one way or another, and powers won't change that.

People without powers in Superhero stories are extremely underrated and squandered.
    When you look at what he has done...he is basically in the same boat as someone like Hawkeye. Great shape and hand to hand combatant. All they need to do is use him as such.

Today’s new She-Hulk issue was rather good. I’d love to see her back in the FF in some capacity.

A certain someone appears at the end of the issue that will likely lead to the upcoming Reckoning War.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Today’s new She-Hulk issue was rather good. I’d love to see her back in the FF in some capacity.

A certain someone appears at the end of the issue that will likely lead to the upcoming Reckoning War.
    The Reckoning War is going to hook up Jenn with the FF for a few months anyway.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I did like that in the Heroes Reborn reality, Wyatt was an agent of SHIELD. Of course these days SHIELD is no more. There was a a mini series She-Hulk: Ceremony where Jennifer and Wyatt became engaged but they backed out. During the course of the story, Wyatt did learn some mystical skills. But I don't think that's ever come up anywhere since.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The Reckoning War is going to hook up Jenn with the FF for a few months anyway.
    There really should be a second ongoing F4 book. We have several Spider, Avengers, and several several X-Books, but only one FF?

I would love Fantastix, or Fantastic Force, or FF West, anything....
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

There really should be a second ongoing F4 book. We have several Spider, Avengers, and several several X-Books, but only one FF?

Future Foundation should have opened the door to that, but Marvel dropped the ball with that. They just don't put in the same effort for the Fantastic Four brand like they do with others.

Just look at Ben's solo currently going on. Zero promo at all.

It's a crime. You could easily have a book with characters from the FF franchise but their books are always so contained. It's like the MU stops by for a visit but the FF is rarely allowed to spread out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I mean at the very least if your going to keep the line just the fantastic four they should at least all have their own solo or maybe a solo that rotates between them every 4 issues so we can see what they do in their universe. They keep all the concepts in one place.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Why not actually use American Eagle, a cool character of similar background who already has powers (and is vastly underused, IMHO)? Wyatt strength, IMHO, was that, even without powers, he was at home in the FF's world, constantly helping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    When you look at what he has done...he is basically in the same boat as someone like Hawkeye. Great shape and hand to hand combatant. All they need to do is use him as such.
    I think this way too.

Peace