Page 65 of 118 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So what exactly happened with Franklin I'm mad confused did he get powers back? Has the false God returned?
    We don't know yet. This is Slott putting some toys back in the box for someone else to play with if they chose to.

Hello Fantastic Four thread. New member here. I missed out on the last few issues of Fantastic Four, I was just wondering if Johnny Storm had gotten cured yet from his permanent Human Torch condition Doctor Doom zapped him with awhile back? I need to play catch up with the latest issues. The last ones I read were the court trial against Wizard.

No, he's not cured. Last we saw, he basically told Reed to fuck off and went with Sky to Spyre.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wow! Maybe they'll find a cure for his bad attitude. This is a lesson that Johnny needed to learn from Jack Nicholson's Joker "Never rub another man's rhubarb" Did he seriously tell Reed to screw off? He seemed more chill at the end of the trial story.

Reed had the powers of the Watcher, and with it, the knowledge of a cure. But it was killing him, and before he had a chance to do anything, he used the Ultimate Nullifier to defeat an enemy. It should've killed Reed as well, but instead he was just purged of the Watcher knowledge... and forgot about Johnny's cure. When Johnny finds out, he's angry, and as I said, told Reed on no uncertain terms to go home without him. Even Sue couldn't calm him down.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ouch! Honestly I'd be pretty mad to if that was the situation. It almost sounds like a dark comedy of the situation.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Also another example of silly Slott plotting. Doom probably could have reveresed the spell if Johnny apologized.

BANNED

It's been brought up here a bit before. But now that this is the next, and last, Slott thread: who is everyone betting on for Reed's sister?

Is it even someone we've seen before?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Also another example of silly Slott plotting. Doom probably could have reveresed the spell if Johnny apologized.
    Honestly, Doom doesn't deserve an apology. Victorious wasn't in a relationship with him and was single. He literally threw the proposal at her out of knowhere after she slept with Johnny.
    The only one who should get an apology is the bird lady Johnny was in a relationship with at the time.

Johnny didn't deserve what Doom did to him. If it was bird-girl who did this then that would be another story...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    We don't know yet. This is Slott putting some toys back in the box for someone else to play with if they chose to.
    Issue 691 may have some developments, but leaving Franklin's status up in the air gives the next team a chance to place their own mark on Franklin's current abilities. Whether this is Slott relenting or editorial dictating, it does leave a clearer plate for the next writer. I know it's tough to wrote an omnipotent teenager and it's often easier to find some sort of way to reign those powers in for ease of storytelling. But, this should NOT be an easy formulaic book. Super-geniuses and omnipotent teens along with everything else that the FF make use of is a difficult job.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Honestly, Doom doesn't deserve an apology. Victorious wasn't in a relationship with him and was single. He literally threw the proposal at her out of knowhere after she slept with Johnny.
    The only one who should get an apology is the bird lady Johnny was in a relationship with at the time.

Johnny didn't deserve what Doom did to him. If it was bird-girl who did this then that would be another story...
    Speaking of this (sort of), did Slott not give us all the vision/prophesy deaths the griever showed (I think) EXCEPT Sue's by Dooms hand? Or did I miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Speaking of this (sort of), did Slott not give us all the vision/prophesy deaths the griever showed (I think) EXCEPT Sue's by Dooms hand? Or did I miss that?
    We didn't see it. But this was fairly far in the future so it may not ever come about. It was also when Sue was the last surviving member of the team so as long as one of the others is still alive, the prophecy's prerequisites haven't happened yet. It's my belief this is a plot that over and done with.

So who is going to pick this up and try to make me care about the F4 again after Slott ruined them for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So who is going to pick this up and try to make me care about the F4 again after Slott ruined them for me?
    I'm really hoping it's Ewing

I need a big, high concept, sci-fi story. The family aspect of the team has been overemphasised in my opinion. The space adventures have taken a backseat and that's a problem.
    FF stories should be crazy adventures with the family aspect used alongside it. The problem with Slotts (and others) run was that to focus on family the other important part of the team wasn't utilised like it should.

I think Ewing can weave the family drama and sci-fi really well.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-19-2022 at 06:55 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I need a big, high concept, sci-fi story. The family aspect of the team has been overemphasised in my opinion. The space adventures have taken a backseat and that's a problem. FF stories should be crazy adventures with the family aspect bring used alongside it. The problem with Slotts (and others) run was that to focus on family the other important part of the team wasn't utilised like it should.
    A- This
    B- QFT
    C- What they said
    D- All of the above