Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657 LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 854
  1. #826
    Astonishing Member Nomads1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro/Brazil
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Ok. I'm gonna say something that probably won't be loved. I want Reed to be dead and stay dead. Change it all up. Not DeFalco search for Reed, but he's gone. At least until the movie
    Reed's death really did change the chemestry of the team during DeFalco's run, so much so that it became, perhaps, my favorite FF run. However, been there, done that. Same with Ben and Johnny. Find some other way to mix things up a bit (and, no, I'm not saying "kill Sue"). I like when they have a different line-up. Maybe you should have Ben leading a new team again, or, better yet, Johnny. Now that would be something to see.

    Peace

  2. #827
    Mighty Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    They will all die and the new book will be The All New All Different Fantastic Four starring Ben Reilly, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, and Ms. Marvel
    “Alas, the pizza party has ended.” - Victor von Doom, Iron Man #642

  3. #828
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    29,766

    Default

    You know, Iron Fist and Ms. Marvel together wouldn't be so surprising, considering that Iron Fist is now Sword Master from Agents of Atlas, a team Kamala used to be on back when they started as the Protectors in Totally Awesome Hulk.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  4. #829
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know, Iron Fist and Ms. Marvel together wouldn't be so surprising, considering that Iron Fist is now Sword Master from Agents of Atlas, a team Kamala used to be on back when they started as the Protectors in Totally Awesome Hulk.
    What the heck?
    "Cable was right!"

  5. #830
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    29,766

    Default

    Lin Lie, Sword Master, replaced Danny Rand and is the star of the current Iron Fist book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #831
    Incredible Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Ok. I'm gonna say something that probably won't be loved. I want Reed to be dead and stay dead. Change it all up. Not DeFalco search for Reed, but he's gone. At least until the movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Reed's death really did change the chemestry of the team during DeFalco's run, so much so that it became, perhaps, my favorite FF run. However, been there, done that. Same with Ben and Johnny. Find some other way to mix things up a bit (and, no, I'm not saying "kill Sue"). I like when they have a different line-up. Maybe you should have Ben leading a new team again, or, better yet, Johnny. Now that would be something to see.

    Peace
    DeFalco’s run is my favorite. Reed was taken off the table for two years and I think the book was better for it. My memory may be faulty, but I thought he said somewhere he had no intention of bringing Reed back and only did it because of Heroes Reborn.

  7. #832
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,293

    Default

    I think that is true, circumstances. But left open for the succeeding scribe to reverse.

    I liked DeFalco's run quite a bit too, though not my absolute favorite. I regret the revision of his Nathaniel Richards, Reed's father with Hickman's treatment, but such is life (Hickman's run is also in the favorite category).
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

  8. #833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think that is true, circumstances. But left open for the succeeding scribe to reverse.

    I liked DeFalco's run quite a bit too, though not my absolute favorite. I regret the revision of his Nathaniel Richards, Reed's father with Hickman's treatment, but such is life (Hickman's run is also in the favorite category).
    DeFalco's run tried like hell to look like the Lee/Kirby heydays. However, because of all of the changes that happened in that run, it was the run that was most like the original anything can happen FF of the sixties. And those changes IMHO surpass Byrne's or Hickman's changes. For that Tom DeFalco deserves a lot of credit.
    Why yes, I do enjoy hearing myself talk. it is very kind of you to notice>

  9. #834
    Amazing Member Darkshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    93

    Default

    I always got a lot of enjoyment in rereads of the DeFalco run. The only era I kind of have to hold my nose to get through is the early 300s up to DeFalco, but even then, I find some gems. If a bit too over the top with weirdness, the whole subterranean world with Belasco and the cat people and the portals...I enjoyed the weirdness. I don't mind the somewhat of a mess of the 100s post Stan. I don't like the Millar run so much. But yeah, from somewhere around 298 on to DeFalco righting the ship, is rough for me. Heck, I even liked pineapple Thing!

    Speaking of pineapple Thing, has it ever been stated that when he reverted to his old form, did he retain the same strength upgrade he had in the new form?
    Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer. Though I do have a special place for ROM and Micronauts.

  10. #835
    Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    187

    Default

    I feel like DeFalcos run was just fast paced, wacky, inventive, with new characters and enough schlock and cheesyness to keep me reading monthly. Which I haven't done with FF since Claremonts run (another good one looking back).

    And Claremont had some love for Sue unlike other writers. He created like 10 interesting versions of her.
    Last edited by markhyperion; 06-22-2022 at 02:14 PM.

  11. #836
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I feel like DeFalcos run was just fast paced, wacky, inventive, with new characters and enough schlock and cheesyness to keep me reading monthly. Which I haven't done with FF since Claremonts run (another good one looking back).

    And Claremont had some love for Sue unlike other writers. He created like 10 interesting versions of her.
    I'm still reading the early stuff of Claremont's run and... yeah... it suffers from a lot of Claremontisms.
    When he first started, he was merely just finishing Lobdell's plots so he hasn't had much leg room yet.
    But it kinda sucks that a lot of ideas, even when Claremont was scripting the book, gets dropped.
    Like who is the mysterious woman who saves Johnny in issue 5?
    Why did the one guy try to kill Sue in issue 2?

    I know a lot of these would have been done if Lobdell stayed, but it's annoying that they just get dropped.
    Instead it plays out like a lot of his X-Men run, you get a lot of future timeline stuff.

    Still, having Reed not be Reed for half a year was a ballsy move and one I like a bit.
    I'll let you know once I finished reading his run.

    On a side note, I really can't wait to get to Waid's run, I've only read the last arc of his run years ago, but I've heard a lot of great things about it.

  12. #837
    Incredible Member The BaRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I feel like DeFalcos run was just fast paced, wacky, inventive, with new characters and enough schlock and cheesyness to keep me reading monthly. Which I haven't done with FF since Claremonts run (another good one looking back).

    And Claremont had some love for Sue unlike other writers. He created like 10 interesting versions of her.
    Completely agree, I’m currently reading the epic collections again of that run and love them.

    In other news, Larraz is done with X men so maybe he’s the new artist to launch the creative team? Would be a fantastic choice.

  13. #838
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,293

    Default

    DeFalco's run has all the ingredients of a MCU movie, easter eggs abound! So many call backs and cameos of a sort.

    Since we have seen a MCU Reed (and he may not be "the" MCU Reed) it could adapt to my favorite idea:

    The FF are from the '60s, so first - Blondes do have more fun (Namor in a subsequent movie, LOL)

    But they should be forgotten heroes/explorers from our own MCU verse, but got lost.

    Maybe they're prisoners of Kang in the Chronopolis city thing.
    Whatever,
    Maybe they arrive without Reed, and the focus (once backstory is revealed)

    is the Doom/Reed plot and how they're still looking, hoping Reed is alive.

    So it could be the time travel thing that happened, and could open up another aspect of TT as well as Easter Egg

    Hyborian age (sic) and ancient times, as well as begin revising more current events (Namor and Cap and Invaders?0

    I don't want another basic origin story for the 4, so with some of their presence revealed (the "reed")
    this could be the basis of their entry and story.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

  14. #839
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    29,766

    Default

    Can't use Hyborian Age, that's from Conan, which Marvel doesn't own and has just lost the comics rights to.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  15. #840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I don't want another basic origin story for the 4, so with some of their presence revealed (the "reed")
    this could be the basis of their entry and story.
    I appear to be alone in my love for the origin story. The FF are different from just about every other team in comics in that they were a team who knew each other before getting powers. Power Pack is another, but generally teams are collections of super-powered individuals. The FF were four individuals who stole a rocketship. They had relationships with each other and all have their own talents. A runthrough of who they are and how they work together without worrying about special effects for stretching, flamings, and heavy lifting shows us who Reed, Sue, Ben, and Johnny are and what makes the FF not just another Avengers or Justice League. We could see that they are talented and worthy without their powers and putting a four on their chests on blue bodysuits.
    Why yes, I do enjoy hearing myself talk. it is very kind of you to notice>

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •