Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

My last prediction for tomorrow’s comic is that Slott is going to hit the reset button on everything to the status quo. That includes using that weird dimension to give Franklin his powers back. Franklin is probably going to rewrite his genes to make him a mutant permanently or have his powers not run like a battery. Considering how stupid this run has been with Franklin, the kid will probably give himself a bottle of infinite hair dye or just change his hair color altogether.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maybe in the first half but I disagree that the run as a whole was "uneventful". I think the first half was a bit of a problem because if you recall Scott Lobdell was writing the FF with the new relaunch after the Heroes Reborn/Heroes Return phase. Claremont was the editor. Suddenly, Scott Lobdell leaves the title. Reports vary as to why. The only news source back them was the old Wizard magazine and I can't recall reading anything there but it's not like I read it all the time. One story was that he took a job in Hollywood. It's a shame because the brief run with Alan Davis was pretty good. So Claremont stepped in to take over.

Your mileage may vary, but I think things improved when you had Valeria von Doom added and we got more Fantastic Four style plots. You had the battle with the Dreaming Celestial and then as result Reed and Doom change places. Reed becomes Doom for a while as Doom is exiled back on the Heroes Reborn planet. I also like Larocca's art style in this age, which is so different from the style he uses today.
    I was referring to the JMS run being uneventful, but Lobdell left because his exclusive was up, and Harras was upset that he took work on Wildcats, so he pulled him from FF. Lobdell was supposed to continue on that, and adjectiveless X-Men, while Claremont was supposed to take over Uncanny with issue #350. Lobdell left, Claremont was offered both, then the deal was rescinded because it had been offered to Kelly & Seagle, and Claremont took over FF.

That’s another reason why Operation Zero Tolerence was neutered.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 07-12-2022 at 09:10 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Got a question; have The FF ever lived exclusively in space?
    Not to my knowledge. After the defeat of the Kree and the rogue Celestial by Franklin and Galactus in Hickman's run, Reed took both the F4 and FF to the Foundation space station in geosynchronous orbit above the Baxter Building, but I haven't seen it used again until Attilan dropped by.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Hmmm… I don’t care for him wanting to reset the status quo back to the way he liked it. Part of working in a shared universe is accepting the changes made by people who came before you. The Future Foundation was a part of the FF for years and he dissolved them because he didn’t want to deal with them. Why not just leave them out there, then?
    He did, initially. Frank and Val came home with Reed and Sue, but the others went off to their own book where they recruited Julie Power and Rikki Barnes. It didn't last long, the team came home during Empyre and THEN disbanded, just in time for Outlawed, which reunited Alex and Julie with their two younger siblings for a new Power Pack mini-series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It was a huge wasted opportunity not to have Reed, Sue, and Val react to Infamous Iron Man version of Doom. Their interactions with a Doom trying to be a better person would have been the most interesting.
    Realistically, Reed and Franklin would be more worried about what happened to Tony, Sue wouldn't buy Vic's BS and Val would think it's cool as usual.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Reckoning War ends with

spoilers:
    -The expansion of the 616 Marvel Universe with new planets and galaxies
    -Uatu becoming the only Watcher, undoing all of his people's accomplishments, then deciding to retire after expanding the universe. Rocket doesn't believe hm
    -The TVA decreeing that 616 is the best timeline ever
    -Johnny telling his family to go to hell before departing with Skye to try and get cured
    -Galactus decides rather than hunger for life, he will explore it with a companion. In short, Slott's turned Galactus into Doctor Who
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    lol, and that's after he previously turned Silver Surfer into the Doctor! Remember Dawn Greenwood? Totally a Rose Tyler expy.
    end of spoilers

EDIT: Hang on...
    spoilers:
    Johnny's gone? Does that mean the next version of the team will have a substitute fourth member, or will he be right back next issue?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-13-2022 at 08:08 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

XM Studios of Singapore, who crafts premium figures, has the Thing for pre-order.

https://www.facebook.com/xmstudios/p...czJi281Yxojq7l

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    My last prediction for tomorrow’s comic is that Slott is going to hit the reset button on everything to the status quo. That includes using that weird dimension to give Franklin his powers back. Franklin is probably going to rewrite his genes to make him a mutant permanently or have his powers not run like a battery. Considering how stupid this run has been with Franklin, the kid will probably give himself a bottle of infinite hair dye or just change his hair color altogether.
    I. Was. Kidding.

Am I not being sarcastic enough?

oh my so Franklyn may be a spoilers:
    mutant again. I mean of course it's more like the scarlet witch don't ask don't tell but if he used his power to make himself feel like he feels inside then it's literally just one word away from saying he's a mutant, leaving it blank, or saying he is something else. and he really did permanently change his hair color. LMAO
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

spoilers:
    If Franklin made himself a mutant a then that would be pretty disgusting. It would make him the Rachel Dolezal of the Marvel Universe.

Slott's Johnny is a giant ******* and he writes him terribly. Telling your family to go to hell because of things out of their control is a trash move. He's blaming them for his mistake the only people he should be upset with is Doom and himself.

The expansion of the Marvel Universe is one of those changes that's pretty meaningless. The comicbook medium has writers creating new aliens and planets all the time. It won't be noticed in the long run
    end of spoilers
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Fantastic Member

I had a faint hope that Victor would be charitable, and restore Johnny back to his cheery obnoxious self.

"I'll send you over the protocol after I get back to Latveria, Richards. Make sure the youngster understands he shouldn't be nonchalantly messing with someone's spouse. Especially when that someone is your worst enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    spoilers:
    If Franklin made himself a mutant a then that would be pretty disgusting. It would make him the Rachel Dolezal of the Marvel Universe.

Slott's Johnny is a giant ******* and he writes him terribly. Telling your family to go to hell because of things out of their control is a trash move. He's blaming them for his mistake the only people he should be upset with is Doom and himself.

The expansion of the Marvel Universe is one of those changes that's pretty meaningless. The comicbook medium has writers creating new aliens and planets all the time. It won't be noticed in the long run
    end of spoilers
    lol really not seeing it. now what C.B did would fall under this category as he is not asian and will never suffer the same way some of them may. Franklyn if he did turn himself into a mutant will be what he was before he was changed to something else of no will of his own and made himself back into who he felt he was. So if he has an xgene he will suffer the same fate as mutants potentially whereas Akira/uh C.B and Rachel could just wipe off the make up or put down the pen.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Not to my knowledge. After the defeat of the Kree and the rogue Celestial by Franklin and Galactus in Hickman's run, Reed took both the F4 and FF to the Foundation space station in geosynchronous orbit above the Baxter Building, but I haven't seen it used again until Attilan dropped by.
    ^^^Ty for the info!

Unrelated, but has anyone read the Franklin Richards: Son of a Genius books? They're probably not on anyone's radar, but I love those books. I wish we got more of that spirit in the main universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.