Page 81 of 118 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1766

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Told ya. As soon as we got that compass teaser art, I said it'd be Ryan North. Though the teaser did have Writer next to the N and Artist next to the S, so I suspect Cobello isn't who they originally planned.

The compass pointing west was a reference to them leaving New York.
    I think his full name is Iban Coello Soria.

North said this on twitter:

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/statu...43337184051200
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here's a page from Dark Ages #1 by Iban Cobello for those who've not seen his work.

Seems to have a slight manga look.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

As for North, thought Squirrel girl was a lot of fun. I expect we'll probably get a ton of computer jokes.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    North is a great choice. Squirrel Girl was consistently incredible and he has shown he can go beyond humorous takes.
    This could be the breath of fresh air the book needs.
    He did that Fantastix story well too.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Nice artwork, but I thought Valeria was a lot taller then Moon Girl. They're about the same size here. And Johnny is cured, does this take place before the Doom incident?
    Val is supposed to be four years older than Lunella (who's only 9, Val's been called a teenager, so is probably 13), so she absolutely should be taller.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder what they're uniforms will look like. I don't think they will be same as the Ross covers. Those uniforms are the same as his Full Circle book.

Val is supposed to be four years older than Lunella (who's only 9, Val's been called a teenager, so is probably 13), so she absolutely should be taller.
    I hope they soft retcon Val back to age she should be. She should be around Lunella's age after the timeskip but Slott wanted her older for some reason, I wouldn't mind if they corrected that

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Nice artwork, but I thought Valeria was a lot taller then Moon Girl. They're about the same size here. And Johnny is cured, does this take place before the Doom incident?
    Dark Ages is an AU setting so it takes place in its own continuity

Yeah, the X-Men weren't on Krakoa, despite the fact the FF had their then-current uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope they soft retcon Val back to age she should be. She should be around Lunella's age after the timeskip but Slott wanted her older for some reason, I wouldn't mind if they corrected that
    True, Val was about 3 and Franklin was 8 last time their ages were mentioned before Secret Wars, yet after the age up they're around 13 and 15? Makes no sense. If Franklin is 15, then Val should've only been 10. And actually only five years were supposed to have passed, so they should've been 8 and 13 unless there was another age-up previously before Secret Wars. Slott aged them up more than he should've AND narrowed their age gap.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Ryan North is a great fit for Fantastic Four.
    Yup, great news I loved Squirrel Girl and his books are really good as well especially How To Take Over The World.

This may be the first time I have been excited about the FF since Hickman.

I coulda sworn where there was an interview and Slott pegged Val's age as 11-12 and Franklin as 16, but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere. I'm fine with those ages because it keeps them young, but still old enough to be treated with a little more seriousness as characters.

For the new creative team, I'm mixed. I hated Unbearable Squirrel Girl. It was the least funny comic I've ever read in my entire life, and it was pretty weak even outside of its "comedy." I haven't seen any of his serious work though, so he might fair far better in that regard. And if he's kid-friendly, maybe we'll get some decent stuff for Franklin and Val.

The idea of dividing the team and focusing on them separately is an interesting way to start, and I'm all for it. I wish Sue and Reed each got their own issues, but it makes sense for them to be together. I'm iffy on the smaller and self-contained approach; on the one hand, Slott tried way too hard to seem big and epic and sprawling. Having a smaller scope and focusing on adventures and the character could be a breath of fresh air. But I hope it eventually evolves into something bigger, much like how Hickman's run tied everyone's individual story arcs into something bigger.

Iban Coello's art's pretty good, though I don't care for his eyes. Sara Pichelli was a fantastic artist and imo, almost a perfect fit for the Fantastic Four. But I'm glad Coello's on the book. However this book turns out, I doubt that the art will be one of my complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The compass pointing west was a reference to them leaving New York.
    Moving west huh? Will they use Reed's old house in California that has a time platform that they used to go to the Earth Nathaniel Richards went to during Byrne's run?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

This sounds intriguing but the interview and the wording of the "aftermath of ben and alicia marriage" has me a bit cagey. i know she has been essentially taking her fathers place by puppeteering people but one of the best things slott did was the marriage and kids.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think his full name is Iban Coello Soria.
    What a waste of a perfectly good artist, working with North.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    What a waste of a perfectly good artist, working with North.
    What's wrong with Ryan North?

I think Slott wanted the teenage "romance" angle. That's my guess and I'm stickin' to it.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?