Page 83 of 118 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1766

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Yeah, I’m fine with the kids as they are. It’s bad enough Franklin spent most of his existence changing ages depending on the writer.
    Yeah, it got quite annoying that he didn't maintain any aging up because each new writer wanted him younger again. In order to get their ages, I look at the Power Pack. Alex was 12, Julie 10, Jack 8 and Katie 5. Franklin at the time was 4. The easiest age to look at now is Julie at 17. Meaning Jack is 15 and Katie 12. Alex should be 19, but now he's 24 (that seems too old). Franklin should be 11 (which I think he was before Secret Wars (he could also have been 10 since he lost a year when he was replaced by Psi-Lord). That puts him at 16. That is right since he's gotten his license.

Val is a bigger problem she should have been about 3 making her 8 now. But too many writers assumed she was older because of the genius level intelligence. She's clearly 11 or 12 now. My head cannon has her having aged up faster pre-Secret Wars time jump because of the odd circumstances around her birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with Val's age as is.
    So am I actually. With her being older then can do more with her and as stated on here, she and Franklin can be taken more seriously and given real problems. I've never been a fan of kids never aging in media. Be it comics or long running animated shows/Animes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Even if she was only aged up to eight, a year younger than Moon Girl, that would've still been a problem, since Lunella is also a genius. Being a kid genius isn't enough to make Val unique. She's Lunella without the dinosaur, Riri without the armour, Nadia without the Wasp technology. The only thing unique to Val now is her link to the Fantastic Four (the others are all associated with the Champions instead).

What would you think about her getting some actual powers?
    Being a genius in general isn't a big deal in Marvel. Like how many smart people are in the Marvel Universe that never even make top 10 list. There are so many of them. This makes me think of the Leader from Hulk's rogue's gallery who is touted as being super smart but he's rarely ever brought up in that conversation for smartest in Marvel. Or Doc Ock. There are so many genius's in Marvel that it's just not impressive to be only super smart. I would personally love to see Valeria actually get some real powers to stand out, but what they could be I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This version posted above is toned done from the one in the DeFalco/Ryan Fantastic Four. They made her look trashy IMO. I like this variant cover for issue #47 by Russell Dauterman

I see they added evil Sue Storm on there as well. Though the look is not complete without Reed yelling at her.

I'd kill puppies for that Sue boob-window costume to come back!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Yes LMFAO

Xtreme 90s variants

I can't believe they wasted Phil Noto on this XTREME cover. I'd have much preferred his awesome Life Magazine Photo Shoot images.

Last edited by Reviresco; 08-18-2022 at 11:09 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Yeah Boiiiiiii

Also CBR are reporting that the Ross suits from his mini and his covers are the new suits going forward.
    Last edited by The BaRoN; 08-18-2022 at 11:24 AM.

The expected load of variant covers for FF 1! I have those Timeless Alex Ross variants for the FF, but it looks really sharp in black and white so I may have to double dip.

ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

RETRO ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

VIRGIN ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

VARIANT COVER BY FRANK MILLER

VARIANT COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS

X-TREME MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO

SOLO VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS

VARIANT COVER BY IBAN COELLO

HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY JACK KIRBY

HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK

BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE

Last edited by Reviresco; 08-18-2022 at 11:27 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yeah Boiiiiiii

Also CBR are reporting that the Ross suits from his mini and his covers are the new suits going forward.
    So, I didn't think he would be a good fit, but this cover reassures me that Cobello will do fine.

Yeah Boiiiiiii

This is a great cover for the Fantastic Four. In addition to the members all there, I like the sunset background in the city look. Or maybe Johnny set the sky on fire lol.

BANNED

Cobello is very dynamic and bright, suits FF perfectly.

I hope he has a good long run.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I can't believe they wasted Phil Noto on this XTREME cover. I'd have much preferred his awesome Life Magazine Photo Shoot images.

I like this last image because their uniforms are not so sleek and look a little baggy. That was more like Kirby's original take on how they show look...nothing flashy just functional.

I am curious now that I see Frank Miller has a Fantastic Four variant. I don't recall him ever doing them unless it was a random panel or two in his Daredevil run.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-18-2022 at 12:57 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Cobello is very dynamic and bright, suits FF perfectly.

I hope he has a good long run.
    Yeah, I am ready to give the new team a shot. Almost anything is an improvement from Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like this last image because their uniforms are not so sleek and look a little baggy. That was more like Kirby's original take on how they show look...nothing flashy just functional.

I am curious now that I see Frank Miller has a Fantastic Four variant. I don't recall him ever doing them unless it was a random panel or two in his Daredevil run.
    In the last imagine it looks like Sue was deep in thought about something and Johnny playing with fire distracted her to look over while still deep in thought. It's a funny look.

Yeah Boiiiiiii

Cool cover! I like the new suits as well.

Yeah Boiiiiiii

I am in love with this cover. When i tell you i got a tingle when i saw it i am dead serious. lol. From the cracked frame to the team coming at you i feel whoever stood there and took that photo (not sure how this reads but i don't mean like a literal photo but a photo since the glass would mean it was in a frame. lol )deserves a Pulitzer. great cover.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Do you think they'll find a cure for Johnny in the next FF series? He's still "flaming on!"