Page 100 of 118 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1766

One of my favorite storylines was when Reed and Sue joined the Avengers around v. 1 #300 of that title.

The plot includes Nanny and Orphan Maker trying to kidnap Franklin in Avengers mansion late.
    They were going to shoot sleeping Reed and Sue in the head! But somehow sleeping Sue put a shield over them.

I think it have been a great time with interesting dynamics between personalities.

Sue would have been always trying to make peace between some opinionated types.
    But it didn't last very long.

edit/summation: Sue's powers are so strong, they work when she is unconscious as was demonstrated here and in several other stories. A number of times (but not very recently) Sue has seemed to be intuitive as well, and since her powers reside in visualization techniques, they could very well act through her dream/sleep states. Sue was probably dreaming, intuitively, of the danger with Nanny and the Orphan-Maker.
    Last edited by Oberon; 09-19-2022 at 08:25 AM.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Wednesday’s issue looks really good. Hope you’re all reading it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Wednesday’s issue looks really good. Hope you’re all reading it.
    I preordered it as soon as it was up lol

Been looking forward to it for a while and the Russell Dauterman cover is just *chefs kiss*

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BTW, Happy 100th Page for Fantastic Four (and I was at the top!)
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Been looking forward to it for a while and the Russell Dauterman cover is just *chefs kiss*
    Malice's smile as opposed to every other Sue's same expression is the key to this for me.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Today's issue was great and added more fuel to my burning desire for an Invisible Woman solo.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Today's issue was great and added more fuel to my burning desire for an Invisible Woman solo.
    I would have put serious money on that not being possible. I had your burning desire already maxed out.

Mighty Member

Today's issues was excellent. It's been a long time since I've read such a good issue of Fantastic Four. I didn't know this writer, what did he do before?
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

The second Paul Ryan costume (not the boob window, the other one) is still my favorite look for Sue. I think it's the costume that most makes her stand out as her own character.

Peace

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Today's issues was excellent. It's been a long time since I've read such a good issue of Fantastic Four. I didn't know this writer, what did he do before?
    His current Marvel ongoing is the (All-New, All-Different) Savage Avengers (2022).
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This issue was pretty good. I haven't heard of Midas and his daughter since Original Sin tho.
    "Cable was right!"

There is a belief that Marvel management (and DC as well) do not look to these boards for ideas. FF 692 is an example against that belief.

spoilers:
    Sue had a cool use of her powers and didn't explain it until after it had been used.
    Johnny was a man-child, but when it was important he matured up quite well.
    Sue needing to save Reed is a nice touch.
    Is Sue actually getting her own personal villain?
    end of spoilers

This was a very nice issue.

Extraordinary Member

Really hope going forward we see more than just adventures. Let's see them get some family time and some me time for them all as individuals.

This was actually pretty good. It read like the FF and i appreciated Reed getting to appreciate his wife. This is by far the best issue of judgement that i've read in the sense that it directly explains the test, and it gives a frame to exactly what we are suppose to be getting from the event in my opinion but i love you can read it without having to read the event. very solid issue. the weakest part was the art as some of the faces seemed incomplete or almost colored over stock but then the art really kicked up a notch in the last few pages and the sue splash. definitely in for the next issue.

And call me simple, but i loved the die hard references. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-21-2022 at 07:14 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I finally picked that up, last night but mostly breezed through it, so will reread soon.
    I loved it and sure will again. This is the perfect Sue, or nearly, competent, compassionate and a pretty good thinker.
    Her powers have always seemed to emphasize what she can "see" in her mind's eye, she can create as this literally unbreakable force.

But I did read FF: Full Circle by Alex Ross, how could I not? beautiful and stunning in both art and words/story.
    So I hope the FF regain their full glory. I've read them since 1967 or so when I was 12 years old. Have not missed many issues of the main title and haven't always read all the various side stories/series.
    ~ Oberon ~