Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1766

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It is a mental ability, but pointing her hands in that case might help her aim or general focus. I doubt she needs her hands if her hands are busy doing something else (in this case holding the villain down). This also doesn't seem to be a drastic situation based on the tone of the FF Acts of Vengeance covers.

Anyway, that's my head canon.
    As opposed to Sue’s head cannon, apparently.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    As opposed to Sue’s head cannon, apparently.

Well Played.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Omg doll. Your avatar here is tootz gorge.
    Thanks. It's a combined work. Bob Layton took a Jack Kirby image and added his own touches with color.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Your First Look at Marvel Comics' New Era of Fantastic Four

Ryan North and Iban Coello’s ‘Fantastic Four’ #1 arrives on November 9.

BY MARVEL

The next incredible adventures of Marvel’s First Family are upon us! This November, writer Ryan North and artist Iban Coello launch an all-new run of FANTASTIC FOUR where they’ll take this beloved team of Super Hero icons to exciting new places throughout the Marvel Universe and beyond! Packed with the grand, high-concept sci-fi storytelling that only the Fantastic Four can deliver, this bold new era will kick off with the team spread across the country after a devastating event takes place back in New York. North and Coello will craft separate adventures spotlighting each member of the team before bringing the band back together in epic fashion at the end of the book’s first arc! The debut issue will star Ben Grimm and Alicia Masters as they embark on a road trip that takes a very weird turn…

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nd-iban-coello

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Alicia looks really cute there.

FF 48 was even better than 47. Great issue and really clever way to reintroduce the cast before a reboot and show us who they are. Loved seeing Sue get the shine she deserves and seeing her versatility.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I really missed Sue getting focus in the FF book. These two issues were really fun and I hope that North's run won't leave Sue in the background like Slott's did.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I really missed Sue getting focus in the FF book. These two issues were really fun and I hope that North's run won't leave Sue in the background like Slott's did.
    I agree with you 100% here. I think that USG showed Ryan North is capable of writing women and keeping them properly focused in a series so I feel confident.

I agree with you 100% here. I think that USG showed Ryan North is capable of writing women and keeping them properly focused in a series so I feel confident.
    He did say in an interview that his favorite member has changed from Reed to Sue over the years, so I'm hopeful.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    He did say in an interview that his favorite member has changed from Reed to Sue over the years, so I'm hopeful.
    The ending seemed like a Ryan North USG story with Sue trying to comfort Oubliette at the end. That was a Squirrel Girl friendship move. But to be honest, I love David Pepose's story so much that I won't be comparing North to Slott, but him. And that is making North's job a lot harder in my eyes.

Yeah, North doesn't strike me as the type who'll slight Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    FF 48 was even better than 47. Great issue and really clever way to reintroduce the cast before a reboot and show us who they are. Loved seeing Sue get the shine she deserves and seeing her versatility.
    This was easily in the top 10% or possibly top 5% of FF stories. It was good enough for me to have little to do but nitpick details.

I love the FF being seen as having scientific knowledge and the ability to use their devices, but Johnny doing the math necessary for his rescue attempt seemed beyond what even a Johnny fan would expect.
    Ben's soliloquy seemed very unlike him, but it could fit in with the circumstances and his current family situation.
    Sue's knowledge of the Kree is great, although Ben's son Jo probably deserved a shout-out for that as per my head canon.

A lot of talk about issue 693 occurs over in the Sue thread, because it's a heavily Sue story, but it wasn't a solo Sue story.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

My throwback Thursday review for Simonson’s first big story on the FF
    https://comic-watch.com/uncategorize...magazine-again
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I love the FF being seen as having scientific knowledge and the ability to use their devices, but Johnny doing the math necessary for his rescue attempt seemed beyond what even a Johnny fan would expect.
    Previous writers have given them instances of applying that scientific knowledge to their powers. Case in point was when Sue captured Johnny's nova flame into a force field, compressed it into a needle sharp point to penetrate the techno-organic alien Technarx's shell, then release the hear in his body. Sue's narration gives Reed credit as their source for picking up such knowledge. As for Johnny, he could have started learning about such applications of his power after Millar's run, when Reed told him to reach the Planck temperature with the combined power of all his AU counterparts to defeat the Marquis of Death.

Reddit: What if the Human Torch reached Plank Temperature?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mickey Mouse is elastic! Minnie can fade from sight! Goofy is the Human Torch! Donald just loves to fight!

Disney FF - for some reason it's the variant cover of Amazing Spider-Man #19, not Fantastic Four #4.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...0-anniversary/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman