Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1766

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    New interview with North about his upcoming run:

https://www.polygon.com/23411450/mar...oss-ryan-north

It sounds like his run will be similar to Marvel Knights 4 with the FF losing everything and I really like that. MK4 having lower stakes led to a great focus on the characterization and I hope it will be the same here. North is saying all the right things for me, but I'm keeping my expectations low as Slott said all the right things too before his run and we all know how I feel about his...
    I'm kind of morbidly curious how the FF lose all their money...and their fame? Like how does that happen?

Kind of reminds me of Duggan's upcoming Iron Man run.

But it seems like he has a good handle on the team and how they gel together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of morbidly curious how the FF lose all their money...and their fame? Like how does that happen?

Losing money is easy to explain. They just put Reed in charge of it again lol. The man is a genius, but when it comes to money he's a complete idiot and even Johnny is more reliable in that department.

As for fame and popularity, that one would be more complicated. I'm interested to see how that happens. I'm wondering if it might be a more 'meta' take, mirroring how in the real world the team's popularity has fallen.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Yeah, maybe the media keeps following the X-Men, Avengers, and the various kids who were in the Champions, and less so the FF?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Losing money is easy to explain. They just put Reed in charge of it again lol. The man is a genius, but when it comes to money he's a complete idiot and even Johnny is more reliable in that department.

As for fame and popularity, that one would be more complicated. I'm interested to see how that happens. I'm wondering if it might be a more 'meta' take, mirroring how in the real world the team's popularity has fallen.
    I think the solicit of Reed and Sue's issue made it sound like they were "on the run" so I wonder if Reed did something that completely torpedoed their public reputation. Again.

I think the solicit of Reed and Sue's issue made it sound like they were "on the run" so I wonder if Reed did something that completely torpedoed their public reputation. Again.
    The public reputation of Marvel characters is a roller coaster by definition. I know it's a common trope for the FF to be publicly persona non grata and this version of the team is similar to Robinson's run. Split the team up and give them each their own problems. While this certainly isn't a particularly original take, it is refreshing next to the usual tendency of many to throw the team into big stories with Doom or Galactus. The beauty of the FF is the team's ability to deal with the truly bizarre and fantastic as well as the mundane live that many of their readers actually live. I'm expecting the smaller stories to be an arc ending in issue 700 with a more cosmic shift at that point. I don't expect these first issues to be classics, although I hope they are good. These stories seem to be setting up North's take on the team, as John Byrne did with his first few pre-Tiny Town issues.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

If the MU is anything like today's financial climate, it's really easy to lose money on your investment accounts, if that's where Reed puts the profits from his patents.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, maybe the media keeps following the X-Men, Avengers, and the various kids who were in the Champions, and less so the FF?
    Perhaps that is the best way to go with considering the shrug that I get when I mention that I am still a fan of the FF. The book itself is one of the originators of the 'meta take' to begin with on the MU comics within the comics.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ring_in_comics

Within the continuity there has been a bit of a shift anyhow to the profile of the FF since the reset of some years now where they are no longer THE team that New York turns to as the heroes that save everyone.

Blame it on the MCU tail wagging the dog if you will.
    Last edited by 4theEarth; 10-20-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Mighty Member

I like this article. I always liked Ben/Alicia. I even like them more than Reed/Sue. I am glad that they got married and have adoptive children. Their wedding was long overdue. The Grimm family is my favorite part of Slott's Fantastic Four run. I liked his Thing mini-series and Silver Surfer run. I am starting to like Ben/Alicia nearly as much as Peter/Mary Jane which is my favorite comic book couple.

If there was a The Grimm Family comic book series, I'd read it.

https://www.cbr.com/thing-alicia-mas...lhHXWlWgvDU3UU
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-22-2022 at 06:13 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I like this article. I always liked Ben/Alicia. I even like them more than Reed/Sue. I am glad that they got married and have adoptive children. Their wedding was long overdue. The Grimm family is my favorite part of Slott's Fantastic Four run. I liked his Thing mini-series and Silver Surfer run. I am starting to like Ben/Alicia nearly as much as Peter/Mary Jane which is my favorite comic book couple.

If there was a The Grimm Family comic book series, I'd read it.

https://www.cbr.com/thing-alicia-mas...lhHXWlWgvDU3UU
    Your preferences are very popular here. Slott's handling of the Grimms has easily been the shining part of the run. Alicia and the kids are awesome and fit in very well with Ben's profession and attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Your preferences are very popular here. Slott's handling of the Grimms has easily been the shining part of the run. Alicia and the kids are awesome and fit in very well with Ben's profession and attitude.
    Q about the upcoming run--has there been any info on why the first issue's oversized\4.99$ apart from being a #1?

Nothing but love for Ben and Alicia. Does their story require more page estate than the reed\sue and johnny issues?

Has someone caught wind of idk a back-up of some sorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Q about the upcoming run--has there been any info on why the first issue's oversized\4.99$ apart from being a #1?

Nothing but love for Ben and Alicia. Does their story require more page estate than the reed\sue and johnny issues?

I have no facts, although the issue is coming out shortly. I would bet a small amount of my own money on backup material of some sort though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

Haven't heard of any backup story but I would say it is getting the extra pages just because it's a new #1. Pretty much a standard practice nowadays for a first issue to be over-sized.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Celebrate Marvel's First Family with FANTASTIC FOUR: THE FIRST 60 YEARS

Explore the Marvel comic's legacy decade by decade in deluxe format from Titan Books, on sale now!

BY MARVEL
    Earn Points, Get Rewards Join!

Back in 1961, Stan Lee had a revolutionary idea for a new comic book. A dysfunctional family who get powers thanks to some pesky cosmic radiation. This stunning idea brought to live in sci-fi comics glory by the legendary Jack Kirby laid the groundwork for the Marvel Universe as we know it today. To celebrate this stunning legacy of over 60 years, Titan Books is proud to present FANTASTIC FOUR: THE FIRST 60 YEARS, on sale now at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million and wherever books are sold
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Literally the first pages I want to. Lol

PXL_20221027_191649649.jpg
    PXL_20221027_191703445.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Literally the first pages I want to. Lol

PXL_20221027_191649649.jpg
    PXL_20221027_191703445.jpg
    I'd like Sue's invisibility powers get attention like her force-fields do. Her learning to change the color of things is just scratching the surface. To start, she should be able to do things like create reflections, mirages, and other optical illusions.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!