Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1766

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Vil and Wu have no parents so going back to Atlantis doesn't make sense
    Slott probably forgot it was Namor who orphaned them - you're right that it doesn't make sense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Slott probably forgot it was Namor who orphaned them - you're right that it doesn't make sense.
    From the FF's incredible large and changing cast, is / are there any characters who could plausibly have taken in some of the orphans, and we just haven't heard it?

Maybe some went with Wyatt to his area?

other folks who've been with either FF may have associates or resources (Scott?) who could have arranged for other housing, etc.

we just didn't hear it.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    From the FF's incredible large and changing cast, is / are there any characters who could plausibly have taken in some of the orphans, and we just haven't heard it?

Maybe some went with Wyatt to his area?

other folks who've been with either FF may have associates or resources (Scott?) who could have arranged for other housing, etc.

we just didn't hear it.
    Putting them with Onome and all going back to Wakanda would be what I would do. T'Challa has an interesting relationship with Namor and taking in the old Atlantean children would be lording it over Namor by being gracious and not blaming children for political fights. Or it was done to piss Namor off. I can see either reason working.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Explore the Marvel comic's legacy decade by decade in deluxe format from Titan Books, on sale now!

BY MARVEL
    Earn Points, Get Rewards Join!

Back in 1961, Stan Lee had a revolutionary idea for a new comic book. A dysfunctional family who get powers thanks to some pesky cosmic radiation. This stunning idea brought to live in sci-fi comics glory by the legendary Jack Kirby laid the groundwork for the Marvel Universe as we know it today. To celebrate this stunning legacy of over 60 years, Titan Books is proud to present FANTASTIC FOUR: THE FIRST 60 YEARS, on sale now at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million and wherever books are sold
    Just ordered this. Looking forward to it.

So Slott's out of F4 yet? If so what issue does someone else start before North's run and is it an interesting read?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So Slott's out of F4 yet? If so what issue does someone else start before North's run and is it an interesting read?
    The first issue of North's run is out this upcoming Wednesday, so only days away. Like with any creative team change with a new issue 1, it should be a good jumping on point for any reader.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The first issue of North's run is out this upcoming Wednesday, so only days away. Like with any creative team change with a new issue 1, it should be a good jumping on point for any reader.
    Yeah I figured North's run would start with a new #1, but I was wondering about what issues have the other writer who's filling in between Slott and North (Assuming that's a thing that's happening anyways, maybe I'm remembering poorly lol), and whether or not the story's cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

So I purchased the John Bryne Omnibus of FF, as much as I don't like Bryne for being a opinionated jerk to fans and his fellow creators that I rather not support(still haven't forgiven him for the terrible thing he say about the Steve Irwin) Stuff is great, loved how his art was like back then. stories were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah I figured North's run would start with a new #1, but I was wondering about what issues have the other writer who's filling in between Slott and North (Assuming that's a thing that's happening anyways, maybe I'm remembering poorly lol), and whether or not the story's cool.
    Issues 47 and 48, which are tie-ins to AXE. Those issues are already out. Great focus on Sue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So I purchased the John Bryne Omnibus of FF, as much as I don't like Bryne for being a opinionated jerk to fans and his fellow creators that I rather not support(still haven't forgiven him for the terrible thing he say about the Steve Irwin) Stuff is great, loved how his art was like back then. stories were great.
    Believe me, a lot of fans feel exactly the same way. IMO his FF run is the best one after Stan Lee & Jack Kirby.

I used to follow Byrne on his forum Byrne Robotics but for some reason I can't log in there anymore. I mostly lurked anyway but who knows? I can't post anything but I can read it. He can be pretty cranky at times. I know he got into a kind of feud with Chris Claremont over a scene in Claremont's Avengers where the character called Arcade struck a match off of Doom's armor. Clarement has stated it was artist Dave Cockrum's doing...a kind of joke. But Byrne made sure he addressed it in his Fantastic Four run.

And yes, that statement about Steve Irwin was terrible.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know he got into a kind of feud with Chris Claremont over a scene in Claremont's Avengers where the character called Arcade struck a match off of Doom's armor. Clarement has stated it was artist Dave Cockrum's doing...a kind of joke. But Byrne made sure he addressed it in his Fantastic Four run.
    As I recall they got into another feud when Claremont in an X-Men issue had Lilandra's hologram pop into Reed and Sue's bedroom (!) warning Reed there'd be consequences for his saving Galactus' life. Byrne then addressed it later with The Trial of Reed Richards arc where he himself had a cameo (but not Claremont)!

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-reed-richa...ris-claremont/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    struth. Bryne had very clear and actionable ideas on how to keep continuity and story interesting in comics. This often translated into his arguments online which I had no problem with btw. His run was Fantastic and set a bar for long running characters while trying to innovate.

At my LCS today and one of the clerks shows me a copy of FF 694. He says he can put it in my box IF I WANT IT. Naturally I know he's messing with me, but there is a copy of FF 694 waiting for me just hours away.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Usually the LCS gets the shipments on Tuesdays but they officially don't sell them until Wednesday. It gives them time to organize their shelves, etc. I used to get mine on Tuesdays at another comic shop some years back but then he stopped just in case he got caught. I really don't know what they could do the retailer but I guess he didn't want to take any chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    As I recall they got into another feud when Claremont in an X-Men issue had Lilandra's hologram pop into Reed and Sue's bedroom (!) warning Reed there'd be consequences for his saving Galactus' life. Byrne then addressed it later with The Trial of Reed Richards arc where he himself had a cameo (but not Claremont)!

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-reed-richa...ris-claremont/
    I hadn't heard about that one! Thanks!