Page 109 of 118 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1766

So while the Reed thing was compared with Spidey, I'll point out a big difference here.

ASM#1 vol 6 is all about the mystery box, the characters talk in annoyingly vague ways about whatever the hell Spidey did, so if you don't care about the mystery, or don't like about the way it was implemented, then the issue will suck for you.

F4#1 vol 7 only really hints at whatever Reed did in the middle of the issue, and then at the end it shows that Reed exploded, something, but the rest of the issue has a story that is unrelated to it.

This works better than the annoying mystery box Cates' Hulk and ASM#1 vol 6 had, because if you don't care about the mystery, the comic has something else to keep you entertained.

I still don't like the mystery box angle, but thought this issue was fun, unlike ASM#1 and Hulk#1 vol 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Just started reading this and fair warning if your reading this in vertical you are seeing the same three pages and it's not you. i was like wtf?

Aside from the page loop in the beginning which i guess in hindsight kind of works given the story this was a pretty solid read. I enjoyed it until the last page. i just can't see to escape this how to get away with murder trend shows and now comics are obsessed with of showing some devastating event and then having to backwards fill us in on it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-10-2022 at 04:16 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So while the Reed thing was compared with Spidey, I'll point out a big difference here.

ASM#1 vol 6 is all about the mystery box, the characters talk in annoyingly vague ways about whatever the hell Spidey did, so if you don't care about the mystery, or don't like about the way it was implemented, then the issue will suck for you.

F4#1 vol 7 only really hints at whatever Reed did in the middle of the issue, and then at the end it shows that Reed exploded, something, but the rest of the issue has a story that is unrelated to it.

This works better than the annoying mystery box Cates' Hulk and ASM#1 vol 6 had, because if you don't care about the mystery, the comic has something else to keep you entertained.

I still don't like the mystery box angle, but thought this issue was fun, unlike ASM#1 and Hulk#1 vol 5.
    They also didn't hype up the run by having "WHAT DID REED DO?" which makes it feel more like genuine writing.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just started reading this and fair warning if your reading this in vertical you are seeing the same three pages and it's not you. i was like wtf?
    With the way the first pages were copied and pasted I was annoyed right away 'cause I don't like recycling like this, even though I can see why it was done.

Although, while I didn't like the first pages, rest of the issue was fun, so it's a low point in an otherwise fun comic.

Aside from the page loop in the beginning which i guess in hindsight kind of works given the story this was a pretty solid read. I enjoyed it until the last page. i just can't see to escape this how to get away with murder trend shows and now comics are obsessed with of showing some devastating event and then having to backwards fill us in on it.
    Yeah the mystery box is something that I don't care for too, hopefully the run keeps other merits to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    They also didn't hype up the run by having "WHAT DID REED DO?" which makes it feel more like genuine writing.
    Ah, good point.

I wasn't paying attention to F4#1 vol 7's advertisement, so I wouldn't know of that, but thinking of it, you can have an idea of how it's advertised by the first pages, ASM#1 vol 6 starts with Spidey nuking whatever and it's all about the mystery, while F4#1 leaves that as a twist at the end of the issue after a self contained story.

This helps the mystery box feel less forced, 'cause it's not shoving into our faces wanting us to care about it, and if the advertisement wasn't doing it, that's even better.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-10-2022 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm actually worried with the Baxter Building, Hoping nothing happened to Ben and Alicia cats.
    I mean, like how many times has the BB been stolen, damaged, destroyed, displaced, what have you, and it comes back. But if North plans to take his own sweet time rebuilding it I'm ok with that. Can Reed and Sue go to his house in California that Byrne showed us, and base themselves out of the West Coast for a while?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Really enjoyed the issue and it shows how great Ben and Alicia's relationship is. I'm looking forward to seeing how North handles the other members.

The whole Reed thing isn't out-of-the-norm for him, so I'm gonna wait and see what that plot thread leads to.
    I really enjoyed the issue for how it shows how great Ben and Alicia's relationship is. I like that Slott got them married after 56 years. Their marriage was long overdue. I hope that they stay married like Reed and Sue. I like that they have adoptive children Jo and Nicki.
    If there was a Grimm Family comic series, I'd definitely read it.

Ben and Alicia's marriage is one of the main reasons why I am reading Fantastic Four right now. I care about them being married or not. They should have gotten married in the 1980s, but Byrne took Alicia from Ben and gave her to Johnny after Ben and Alicia were together for two decades. I am glad that Johnny/Alicia romance stuff got retconned into a Skrull impersonating Alicia by Defalco. I have no problem with Johnny maturing and being married. It was to whom that he was married to that I had a problem with. My favorite love interest for Johnny is Crystal.

If Jo and Nicki don't appear again, I'd still be interested in reading about Ben/Alicia as a married couple. I do like Jo and Nicki as their adoptive children. I really do believe that Ben/Alicia marriage with adoptive children is a big positive change to Fantastic Four.

Ben/Alicia has become my second favorite comic book couple after Peter/Mary Jane.
    Last edited by Starrius; 11-10-2022 at 11:24 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I did like the first issue featuring which is a kind of homage to the movie "Groundhog's Day". It was good to see Ben and Alicia without all the kids being around. They deserve a break once in a while! Between the two of them, Ben and Alicia solved the mystery of the town with a minimum of the usual superhero histrionics solving it. I admit I was confused at first with the pages and thought there was an error at the printers! Looking forward to what's going on with Reed and that giant hole or vortex(?) in NYC!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I mean, like how many times has the BB been stolen, damaged, destroyed, displaced, what have you, and it comes back. But if North plans to take his own sweet time rebuilding it I'm ok with that. Can Reed and Sue go to his house in California that Byrne showed us, and base themselves out of the West Coast for a while?
    The FF have a house in upstate NY for a while too in Byrne's run in issue #276, after Sue's miscarriage.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-11-2022 at 09:49 AM.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I did like the first issue featuring which is a kind of homage to the movie "Groundhog's Day". It was good to see Ben and Alicia without all the kids being around. They deserve a break once in a while! Between the two of them, Ben and Alicia solved the mystery of the town with a minimum of the usual superhero histrionics solving it. I admit I was confused at first with the pages and thought there was an error at the printers! Looking forward to what's going on with Reed and that giant hole or vortex(?) in NYC!

The FF have a house in upstate NY for a while too in Byrne's run in issue #276, after Sue's miscarriage.
    Lol thanks for the image and JB's homage to the Funny Pages. How many can you name?

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I really enjoyed the issue for how it shows how great Ben and Alicia's relationship is. I like that Slott got them married after 56 years. Their marriage was long overdue. I hope that they stay married like Reed and Sue. I like that they have adoptive children Jo and Nicki.

Ben and Alicia's marriage is one of the main reasons why I am reading Fantastic Four right now. I care about them being married or not. They should have gotten married in the 1980s, but Byrne took Alicia from Ben and gave her to Johnny after Ben and Alicia were together for two decades. I am glad that Johnny/Alicia romance stuff got retconned into a Skrull impersonating Alicia by Defalco. I have no problem with Johnny maturing and being married. It was to whom that he was married to that I had a problem with. My favorite love interest for Johnny is Crystal.

If Jo and Nicki don't appear again, I'd still be interested in reading about Ben/Alicia as a married couple. I do like Jo and Nicki as their adoptive children. I really do believe that Ben/Alicia marriage with adoptive children is a big positive change to Fantastic Four.

Ben/Alicia has become my second favorite comic book couple after Peter/Mary Jane.
    I sure hope Ben and Alicia's children continue to be a part of the story.

My favorite love interest for Johnny is Crystal too. They got it right the first time, such a story

then they ruined it with the whole Pietro thing. I've never felt good about Pietro and her. Except for Luna, perhaps.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I wonder how many folks back then or now catch some of that.

Hi and Lois. Blondie. Some others who's names escape me but I'm sure come from even before the '30s (and lasted into the '60s or '70s - comic strips in Sunday papers)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

So i just read the issue and i have just one question, did they just basically rip off what they did in Spider-man and applied it to the F4 now?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    Lol thanks for the image and JB's homage to the Funny Pages. How many can you name?
    I did recognize Jiggs off the bat and the father of Dennis the Menace talking to each other. Oberon caught Blondie ....missed that one. Hi and Lois went over my head too!

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Yeah, that's a good pitch for a Thing solo book. Showing Ben doing family stuff. I can see it being similar to the Rebirth run of Superman, which had a lot of focus on preteen Jon Kent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Hi and Lois. Blondie. Some others who's names escape me but I'm sure come from even before the '30s (and lasted into the '60s or '70s - comic strips in Sunday papers)
    Obviously Walt Wallet's (white hair) aging is some cosmic counterpart to Franklin Richards' aging.

And we have Herb Woodley next to Dagwood.

The couple in back of Blondie and the three on the couch I do not know but I know I will kick myself for not remembering them.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 11-12-2022 at 07:50 AM.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

I did recognize Jiggs off the bat and the father of Dennis the Menace talking to each other. Oberon caught Blondie ....missed that one. Hi and Lois went over my head too!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Obviously Walt Wallet's (white hair) aging is some cosmic counterpart to Franklin Richards' aging.

And we have Herb Woodley next to Dagwood.

The couple in back of Blondie and the three on the couch I do not know but I know I will kick myself for not remembering them.
    After all these decades, I only realized it because of your posts! Of the comic strips referenced, Hi & Lois wasn't carried by that many broadsheets here though I do know them. Blondie and Dagwood, that I remember. Dennis' dad, I had to look up the name (Henry), it's been a while. We actually have three paperbacks of his. Gasoline Alley, it was in our broadsheet but I don't remember it as much as Blondie. And Bringing Up Father, same case.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES