Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1766

I’m torn. I loved the issue. I loved the characterization and art and everything. However the continuity hound in me is concerned about the children. I hope we have an upcoming issue that focuses solely on them, since next issue is Johnny. The poor kids aren’t even listed at the beginning while Alicia is. It just makes me nervous is all. I’m invested in the FF, but I’m attached to everyone, not just the core four. Franklin and Val have been important to the book for years… and now with Ben’s kids warming my heart, I’m worried they’ll go away… I’m hoping that the mystery of what happened will involve Franklin’s powers returning, but I doubt it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I’m torn. I loved the issue. I loved the characterization and art and everything. However the continuity hound in me is concerned about the children. I hope we have an upcoming issue that focuses solely on them, since next issue is Johnny. The poor kids aren’t even listed at the beginning while Alicia is. It just makes me nervous is all. I’m invested in the FF, but I’m attached to everyone, not just the core four. Franklin and Val have been important to the book for years… and now with Ben’s kids warming my heart, I’m worried they’ll go away… I’m hoping that the mystery of what happened will involve Franklin’s powers returning, but I doubt it.

I really don't think that there is anything to worry about. It's only been two issues in this new run. Just because Jo and Nicki aren't in the issue that's about Ben and Alice doesn't necessarily mean that they're no longer in the comics.

Grimm Family is my favorite part of Fantastic Four since Ben and Alicia got engaged and finally married after 56 years.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Meanwhile, Reed and Sue fight Doom in the video for the Marvel Snap game at the 2:23 mark.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

I have really liked these last 2 issues. Can't wait to see what they do with Johnny in the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I really don't think that there is anything to worry about. It's only been two issues in this new run. Just because Jo and Nicki aren't in the issue that's about Ben and Alice doesn't necessarily mean that they're no longer in the comics.

Grimm Family is my favorite part of Fantastic Four since Ben and Alicia got engaged and finally married after 56 years.
    Yeah, Franklin and Valeria weren't in issue 2 either. I assume all four kids were just left with a babysitter somewhere.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post

You like what you like and no disrespect here but for reinvention purposes getting back to basics is for this title a long time coming and for those of us that felt that the book has become bogged down by the huge cast from the foundation kids to the Val and company powered up it gave a limited page count to the core four in a world of small monthly advancement. I am not in love with the New #1 by any means but I understand, and it seems like you do too, that focus right now is more important.

Spectacular Member

Good issue. I’m just wondering where the kids are and also if Franklin has his powers back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Good issue. I’m just wondering where the kids are and also if Franklin has his powers back.
    I'm also concerned and wondering where Thing and Alicia adopted kids are. and being a cat lover myself, I'm very concerned for Rocky and Adrian(the 2 kittens Ben and Alicia adopted in the beginning of Slott's run).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Meanwhile, Reed and Sue fight Doom in the video for the Marvel Snap game at the 2:23 mark.

That Doom punch .

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

The things I'd do for a new Fantastic Four animated show...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Amazing Member

So far I'm really loving this, and looking forward to more. I don't know about Franklin and Val, but the Grimm kids were mentioned by Ben and Alicia in the first issue, so they haven't been erased. Alicia tells Ben that they're coming back. Then she says "Reed wouldn't ..", before getting cut off. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but It seems to suggest that Reed is somehow responsible for them not being there. Since Sue said to Reed that the family is safe, I'm guessing that nothing bad has happened to them.

Amazing Member

I love Ryan couple dynamic and the third issue could be less good because of that.
    I'm sold on this run.

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    You like what you like and no disrespect here but for reinvention purposes getting back to basics is for this title a long time coming and for those of us that felt that the book has become bogged down by the huge cast from the foundation kids to the Val and company powered up it gave a limited page count to the core four in a world of small monthly advancement. I am not in love with the New #1 by any means but I understand, and it seems like you do too, that focus right now is more important.
    "Back to Basics" for the FF is change. Going back to the period from issues 36-67, concept after concept was introduced from the Frightful Four to Him. The supporting cast was huge, with Inhumans hanging around, the Surfer and Wyatt Wingfoot popping up, and the Panther hanging on for a few issues. Reed and Sue also got married during this period and Sue's pregnancy was announced at the end of this period in Annual 5. Having Reed, Sue, Ben, and Johnny on their own fighting bad guys is the status quo the FF earned its reputation by eradicating.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    So far I'm really loving this, and looking forward to more. I don't know about Franklin and Val, but the Grimm kids were mentioned by Ben and Alicia in the first issue, so they haven't been erased. Alicia tells Ben that they're coming back. Then she says "Reed wouldn't ..", before getting cut off. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but It seems to suggest that Reed is somehow responsible for them not being there. Since Sue said to Reed that the family is safe, I'm guessing that nothing bad has happened to them.
    I see it as two parents having a vacation from their young teenage children. If the kids haven't been kidnapped, the concern would be about who the kids are with.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Franklin and Valeria weren't in issue 2 either. I assume all four kids were just left with a babysitter somewhere.
    I’d say Franklin and Val are a bit old for a babysitter… I mean, long term maybe staying with the Powers or something, but.. yeah. Anyway, I look forward to the kids reappearing. I’m really curious as to how they’ll be under a different writer (Ben’s kids at least, but teenage Franklin and Val as well).