Page 14 of 118 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Isn't the watcher's home on the moon as well?
    Yes, which is precisely why the Moon was targeted.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yes, which is precisely why the Moon was targeted.
    I am very unhappy this did not occur to me.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I saw another interview where now Slott says he got ideas back when he read at certain comic when he was 8 years old. Since he was born in 1967 I suppose we should check out what comics Marvel put out in 1967-68. It's worth noting that the Lee/Kirby Thor gets very cosmic in this period and we see the origin of Galactus in a multi-parter.

And here's a tweet from 2019.

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/...SxMG3MH-w&s=19

It was obvious enough, I assumed a few months ago that this was a back-up to the origin of the Watchers in the first issue of Silver Surfer.
    And yes, Slott had the idea for this story as a child, but as a writer, he started planning it during a run on She-Hulk.
    It was possible to bring these plans to life (in some form) only after more than 15 years.
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 02-03-2022 at 08:54 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/...SxMG3MH-w&s=19

It was obvious enough, I assumed a few months ago that this was a back-up to the origin of the Watchers in the first issue of Silver Surfer.
    And yes, Slott had the idea for this story as a child, but as a writer, he started planning it during a run on She-Hulk.
    It was possible to bring these plans to life (in some form) only after more than 15 years.
    Actually I just went back and read Silver Surfer #1 and it doesn't have the origin of the Watchers. It shows Zenn-La facing the threat of Galactus and Norrin Radd offering himself as his herald. The origin of the Watchers goes back even further in Tales of Suspense #53

I seem to recall somewhere, maybe a SS story, that this was rehashed or flashbacked. But I remember this one too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    There's another thing about the Moon being destroyed: How about the Mutant colonies on the Moon?

I mean, in the Blue Area of the Moon, there have been a lot of characters living through the years; not only the Watcher. Currently, Mutant Nation of Krakoa had a colony there, there was also the Inhumans' New Attilan and... Some others I can't remember. If the Inhumans were on the Moon when it was destroyed, they very likely died. And the same happens with the Mutants, although if they can resurrect now, it's not like it cares.

Were the mutant colonies moved to the one on Mars ? My current X-Men reading is very spotty.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Actually I just went back and read Silver Surfer #1 and it doesn't have the origin of the Watchers. It shows Zenn-La facing the threat of Galactus and Norrin Radd offering himself as his herald. The origin of the Watchers goes back even further in Tales of Suspense #53

The first issue had a second story that re-told the origin of the Watchers in more detail.ss1-watcher1.jpg

RCO064_1468942376.jpg
    Comparison of the last page of ToS 53 and SS 1

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    It was actually very good but I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
    Agreed. I especially loved seeing Justice Peace & Justice Love, and Slott’s voice for Jen felt so spot on.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    The first issue had a second story that re-told the origin of the Watchers in more detail.ss1-watcher1.jpg
    I see...... I was reading Silver Surfer #1 from the Marvel Unlimited app and when I got to the opening with the surgery scene I assumed it was just part of the new ongoing feature Tales of the Watcher. But after that, the rest is essentially a retelling of the origin story from Tales of Suspense #53 with new art

Astonishing Member

There's another thing about the Moon being destroyed: How about the Mutant colonies on the Moon?

I mean, in the Blue Area of the Moon, there have been a lot of characters living through the years; not only the Watcher. Currently, Mutant Nation of Krakoa had a colony there, there was also the Inhumans' New Attilan and... Some others I can't remember. If the Inhumans were on the Moon when it was destroyed, they very likely died. And the same happens with the Mutants, although if they can resurrect now, it's not like it cares.
    Slott's F4 comic had them on a whole other world. New Arctilan was attacked by the Kree and no one was living there. As for the earth kingdoms they should still have Inhumans in them unless the next writer who wants to expand the Inhumans decides 'all Inhumans and Nuhumans that rejoined Inhumanity have left earth'. So ya not on the moon to answer that question.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

She-Hulk was the second highest ordered book for January!

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni63523567
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 02-04-2022 at 09:19 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I agree on power boost but not on Iceman’s level.

Sue is and should always be the most powerful of the original four.

John should be stuck in this form for a looong while. He should be able to learn other flame forms for once , blue, white, even a fictional green, etc.

He should explore heat absorption more by absorbing all of the heat around and freezing a room or opponent.

He should go back to making duplicates.

But again, not god like powers.

Johnny's already done that heat absorption bit back in I believe back in FF #105 or 106, Vol. I. He did it in a situation where he had to freeze the Thing during one of Reed Richard's experiments in order to save Ben's life. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    She-Hulk was the second highest ordered book for January!

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni63523567
    That's interesting.... never knew IMDB did comics info. It's good to see her debut did well and the dark days of the She Hulk of Jason Aaron's Avengers are over. Rainbow Rowell was a good choice by Marvel. I really liked her Runaways. It was so good to see someone remember that Jennifer and Jan are old friends.

I'm glad to see the Mary McPherson/Titania will be appearing in this and has become a frenemy/sparring partner. She and Crusher Creel have one of the longest marriages in the MU aside from Reed & Sue. I need to catch up Immortal Hulk because the pair of them were in that too. I wonder what ever happened to Marsha Rosenberg/Volcana? AFAIK she last appeared in Charles Soule's She Hulk series. Thank goodness this series has an artist that is more appealing.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-05-2022 at 12:17 PM.

In the current arc, the Moon has been destroyed. That certainly involves the destruction of Earth's ecosystems. Any idea about how it will be restored when this is over? I suppose that if the Watchers created a barrier to protect the world, I suppose they could restore the Moon too. And since this was their mess, their vow of "non interferance" can't apply here.
    Nothing a little Power Cosmic” can’t handle
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver