Page 16 of 118 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1EmMNj8fig

Great video, tempted to impulse buy the run but I have support and people and pets counting on me to save. but man I did enjoy Waid Invisible Woman 5 issue series from 2019. and RIP Ringo.

Reckoning seems to be wrapping up most of Slott's plots threads

spoilers:
    The FF are back to their original looks
    Reed knows how to cure Johnny and likely will at the end
    Both Reed and Ben's predicted deaths will likely be averted
    Johnny will be going back to the Spyre and likely tie a bow around that

All that's left is Franklin's powers (which may be fixed at the end of this) and Reed's long lost sister
    end of spoilers

He usually does this at the end of his runs so maybe the end is closer than we think?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Reckoning seems to be wrapping up most of Slott's plots threads

spoilers:
    The FF are back to their original looks
    Reed knows how to cure Johnny and likely will at the end
    Both Reed and Ben's predicted deaths will likely be averted
    Johnny will be going back to the Spyre and likely tie a bow around that

All that's left is Franklin's powers (which may be fixed at the end of this) and Reed's long lost sister
    end of spoilers

He usually does this at the end of his runs so maybe the end is closer than we think?
    I believe it is. A couple of us were saying this when I went to the LCS today. And it's been kicked around at various websites that #750 will be his last issue.

I have to admit this was probably one of the best issues by Slott in a long time and the art was great. He's been lucky in that regard in getting good artists assigned to this run. I was surprised to see Reed's beard go away since that's been around since Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers runs IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have to admit this was probably one of the best issues by Slott in a long time and the art was great. He's been lucky in that regard in getting good artists assigned to this run. I was surprised to see Reed's beard go away since that's been around since Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers runs IIRC.
    A part of me wondered if that was going to stick for a long-haul since no one seemed to really hate it but in the back of my mind I was expecting it to go at some point.

I believe it is. A couple of us were saying this when I went to the LCS today. And it's been kicked around at various websites that #750 will be his last issue.

750 or 700? Wouldn't 750 mean he'd still be on the book for another 4 years or so?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    750 or 700? Wouldn't 750 mean he'd still be on the book for another 4 years or so?
    Oh you're right. I'm getting my legacy numbering wrong. Just checked the cover on #40 and the legacy #680. So that would still give him almost 2 years but we have some double shipping coming up in March. Issue #41 is schedules for March 2 and #42 on March 30th and then #43 on April 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A part of me wondered if that was going to stick for a long-haul since no one seemed to really hate it but in the back of my mind I was expecting it to go at some point.
    I think they're getting ready to sync up the comics Reed with the MCU version of the Fantastic Four. As usual, there are rumors that Reed is going to be in Doctor Strange-Multiverse of Madness. Allegedly, he will be one of the shadowy figures that may or may not be the Illuminati.

Reed's shaving and the original costumes are symbolic of the weird relationship FF fans have with nostalgia and the way things were. There are facets of traditional and classic FF that fans love and want to remain, but other aspects they want to see change and develop. This statement I believe is fact. However, what they want to stay and what they want to change may differ with each fan. Even the small number of fans in this thread have different opinions on what particulars they like in FF.

By the way, my particular FF slant can be seen monthly in the Age of Marvels thread. [unsolicited plug - over]

As to Slott's last issue, Reckoning War seems like a fitting conclusion. Certainly 21st century superhero storytelling is capable of adding some story to fill in until FF 700 and the remaining 20 issues even if Reckoning War will be over. As to putting all of the toys not only back in the box, but in their original packaging, Lee and Kirby played with FF costumes and they always got tweaked although staying close to their basic blue jumpsuit model. I'd also like to see Reed's beard remain, as well as seeing the kids (all four) stick around at current age levels, hair color, and power levels.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Oh you're right. I'm getting my legacy numbering wrong. Just checked the cover on #40 and the legacy #680. So that would still give him almost 2 years but we have some double shipping coming up in March. Issue #41 is schedules for March 2 and #42 on March 30th and then #43 on April 20th.
    Actually I think this is a mistake that the editors did not catch.
    Fantastic Four 40 should be legacy 685 (check out the previous issue - FF 39 / LGY 684), which means once Reckoning War ends at issue 44, there will 11 more issues before we reach FF 700.

Last year I made a post in the 2021 Appreciation Thread about what I thought the timeline will be like for the remainder of the Slott run:

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's the timeline I'm currently working with:
    December 2021 - Fantastic Four 38
    January 2022 - Fantastic Four 39

(RECKONING WAR EVENT)
    February 2022 - Reckoning War Alpha, Fantastic Four 40
    March 2022 - Reckoning War: Trial of the Watcher, Fantastic Four 41, Fantastic Four 42
    April 2022 - Fantastic Four 43
    May 2022 - Fantastic Four 44
    (END RECKONING WAR EVENT)

June 2022 - Fantastic Four 45
    July 2022 - Fantastic Four 46 (milestone issue - 60th anniversary of Doctor Doom)
    August 2022 - Fantastic Four 47
    September 2022 - Fantastic Four 48
    October 2022 - Fantastic Four 49
    November 2022 - Fantastic Four 50 (milestone issue - 50th issue of this run)
    December 2022 - Fantastic Four 51
    January 2023 - Fantastic Four 52
    February 2023 - Fantastic Four 53
    March 2023 - Fantastic Four 54
    April 2023 - Fantastic Four 55 (milestone issue - 700th legacy issue of Fantastic Four)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Then, the next FF writer begins their run with Fantastic Four [Vol 7] 1 (LGY 701) in May 2023.
    I've sort of changed my mind since then - like Crimz, I feel like Slott is moving through his plot set-ups faster than I anticipated so much so that I now feel that it is plausible that he could end his run with the Reckoning War.
    But then again, I'm not sure.

We'll probably find out when May 2022 solicits come out later today - if FF 44 is the final issue, they'll probably mention something in the solicits.
    If not, it's definitely FF 55 / 700. I don't see him staying longer than FF 700.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

Great video, tempted to impulse buy the run but I have support and people and pets counting on me to save. but man I did enjoy Waid Invisible Woman 5 issue series from 2019. and RIP Ringo.
    I did not enjoy that run. I know it was to narrow down the cast to just the Four.... but that is exactly why I did not like it. Waid is a great writer, but this just wasn't my cuppa.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I think they're getting ready to sync up the comics Reed with the MCU version of the Fantastic Four
    No, Slott is just celebrating the Silver Age, by and large this is what best characterizes his run.
    It's simple, Reed was just waiting for the end of the world to shave))

IMG_20220217_095046.jpg

By the way, it's clear why Sue is in shock (the first time oh my stars really fits), remember how upset she was when Reed shaved after returning in the DeFalco run? Beard is sexy)
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 02-17-2022 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

Definitely in top 5 of my favorite F4 runs

We'll probably find out when May 2022 solicits come out later today - if FF 44 is the final issue, they'll probably mention something in the solicits.
    If not, it's definitely FF 55 / 700. I don't see him staying longer than FF 700
    Please note that it looks like Reckoning War will be split into two volumes in trades. Moreover, only two issues remain on the second volume (?). This means that either there will be more issues than Slott said, or there will be several issues with consequences.

Attachment 118442

Val did say she hadn't seen him like that since she was little - i.e. before Secret Wars.

I think the beard needed to go though, to match She-Hulk from 2005 (and this also explains the retro costumes). We briefly saw the Reckoning War then. And if Reed was shown at all there, it would've been sans beard.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

One of the opening things of Reckoning War is the destruction of the Moon. It all ammounts to some debris falling to Earth. But what would actually happen if those aliens and their mary sue level weapons actually destroyed the Moon? On with the show!

IMG_20220217_183017.jpg

THE RECKONING WAR HEATS UP IN THIS OVERSIZED ISSUE!
    • "The End of Everything That Ever Was or Ever Will Be"
    • This is the final battle of the Reckoning War.
    • At the Apex of the All Reality, the fate of the Marvel Universe will be decided.
    • And no matter who wins, nothing will ever be the same again.
    • This is not hyperbole. This is happening. There will be consequences.
    • If you care about the Fantastic Four, their extended family and the rest of the Marvel U...you will not want to miss this.
    • Starring Reed, Sue, Ben, Johnny, Nick Fury, Victor Von Doom, Norrin Radd, Uatu and Jennifer Walters.