Page 32 of 118 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    That’s not a guarantee as Feige could easily bring another bland director. I now fully expect Peyton Reed to get the job which isn’t all that much better to be honest as he doesn’t have much visual style either.
    I think, or at least hope, that Feige will want fresh blood on the project. Right now Peyton Reed is busy with Quantumania I don't think he'll be eager to work on big projects back to back.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    That’s not a guarantee as Feige could easily bring another bland director. I now fully expect Peyton Reed to get the job which isn’t all that much better to be honest as he doesn’t have much visual style either.
    He was involved with the Fox movies at one point but Fox went with Tim Story as director and Mark Frost's story. This part sounds wild..according to this article Reed and Douglas Petrie did have an interesting pitch for the cast: From a CBR article

The most intriguing and weird part of the initial concept was the planned cast. Although casting was never official, Reed and Petrie envisioned Charlize Theron as the Invisible Woman, John C. Reilly as The Thing, Paul Walker as the Human Torch and Alexis Denisof as Mr. Fantastic, with Jude Law as Doctor Doom. While each of these actors are popular, it's wild to imagine them all in the same movie together as Marvel's First Family.
    Jude Law and Charlize Theron's careers were still getting underway at that time. I think Jude Law as Doom was an interesting choice but one wonders if he wound have gone for it. Charlize Theron would have been near perfect as Sue Storm. She has done pretty atheletic roles in her career.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-29-2022 at 05:45 PM.

It's funny because the other day I was wondering if Watts was a placeholder until they found who they wanted and then this news broke.

Not saying that my theory was right just that it's a funny coincidence.

Watts' departure doesn't upset me as I was underwhelmed when he was announced to direct. I am hopeful that they will get an amazing director and please don't get Peyton Reed to do it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I remember hearing the casting thoughts of Charlize and felt she was picture perfect.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Even though I enjoyed the MCU Spider-Man...I think they went too far away from Peter being his own man. So I am not really disappointed that Watts is not involved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Even though I enjoyed the MCU Spider-Man...I think they went too far away from Peter being his own man. So I am not really disappointed that Watts is not involved.
    Completely agree

I found all 3 movies to be completely forgettable and aside from the nostalgia service in the last one, nothing stands out to me as a great Spider-Man movie.

I do fear Peyton is being lined up but I would like new blood.

We've watched about one hour of the dvd, last night. (too much other media to consume!)

so: CGI is nice on this spidey movie, but Dr. Strange so far seems a little out of character.

Moderately engaged, most of the evil guy plots/appearance are okay.

Nothing is really stellar yet.

As for the FF, I want them seeded a little more subtly. I don't want another 'first' movie for them. They should start being referred to or seen or aspects of them being seen before the first movie.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

BANNED

The hype is real

Strange 2 leaks all over the place

What a time to be alive

Last edited by The BaRoN; 05-01-2022 at 10:22 AM.

Second intro is fire too. Love the homage to the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    The hype is real

Strange 2 leaks all over the place

What a time to be alive
    Article that mentions the actor playing Reed.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=6894e94173da

Of course, is it genuine? People can fake video content.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm leading towards thinking it's faked but then it has been yanked. If some of the screen grabs I've seen come from that for some reason Krasinski's Reed costume looks cheesy and like his head could have been photo shopped on another body. I just have my doubts that they will actually put a 4 symbol on their uniforms.

As recently as a few days ago, a cheesy youtube site was / still promoting that Tom Cruise would be an Iron Man variant, and that is ridiculous.
    ~ Oberon ~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm leading towards thinking it's faked but then it has been yanked. If some of the screen grabs I've seen come from that for some reason Krasinski's Reed costume looks cheesy and like his head could have been photo shopped on another body. I just have my doubts that they will actually put a 4 symbol on their uniforms.
    It’s all apparently very real, I also saw a video before it was removed and looked like its from pre cgi footage or unfinished cgi.

I am so hyped for this and I expect marvel to make an official announcement a few weeks after the movies been out to confirm the FF cast and new director.

BANNED

Some gossip about the future of Slott's Fantastic Four from BC

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/toda...n-torch-thing/

spoilers:
    Even more continuity dating back to Slott's run on The Initiative in the 2000s will play some part, and The Watchers will now hail from Lumina, referenced in Shogun Warriors back in the 70s
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Some gossip about the future of Slott's Fantastic Four from BC

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/toda...n-torch-thing/

spoilers:
    Even more continuity dating back to Slott's run on The Initiative in the 2000s will play some part, and The Watchers will now hail from Lumina, referenced in Shogun Warriors back in the 70s
    end of spoilers
    That sounds underwhelming