Page 38 of 118 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    Slott skips issues 693-694, so he still has exactly 6 issues (including F4 700) to complete the run.
    I see it.

There is a strange feeling that he is not only finishing with F4, but with Marvel in general.
    That makes sense. A six issue concluding arc probably featuring Reed's sister sounds like a probably finish considering Slott's family heavily theme on FF. At this point, it seems like a wise move for Marvel to make sure they have a follow-up team in place for an issue 700 debut. Without something to draw fans beyond Slott's last issue 700 stands as a convenient dropping off point. That being said, it seems possible that 695 on will be all non-Slott. But I ma guessing and pulling ideas out of my butt with no actual evidence one way or the other.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Slott is basically bringing all his comics together.
    Yup! Southpaw (She-Hulk), Gauntlet (Avengers Initiative), Grasshopper (Great Lakes Avengers), I love this, this is where he shines. I wonder if it was his plan for Grasshopper's legs to be part of the same armor as the first two from the very start.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    Slott skips issues 693-694, so he still has exactly 6 issues (including F4 700) to complete the run.
    I see it.

There is a strange feeling that he is not only finishing with F4, but with Marvel in general.
    That's exactly how this reads.

Astonishing Member

anyone who not buying Slott run, would you buy FF 700 if they did a similar things like Thor 750 and get past writer/artist teams to do a short story. Hell that would be big if Marvel get Hickman do a short story with one of his collaborators in his original run. what other writers/artists would you like, Mark Waid, Walter Simonson, Tom Defalco. Its depressing the amount of creators that passed on. Mike Wieringo, Dwayne McDuffie, Paul Ryan, George Perez RIP. I assume no way Bryne will play ball and Fraction might be hard to get with his DC contract.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'd love to see Hickman return and do something for issue #700. I was always surprised to see he never really sneaked in a Fantastic Four cameo in his X-Men stuff. But I wonder if he's just going to be doing work on the Substack platform since the money goes directly in the creators pocket there from subscribers.

Mark Waid is at DC so I'm not sure if he's got an exclusive contract there. Walt Simonson would be great to have too. John Byrne has been so ticked off at Marvel for literally decades so that's never going to happen. Fraction's Fantastic Four run was lackluster IMO so I wouldn't care if he chose to pass on this.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-10-2022 at 10:32 PM.

BANNED

I’d like to see Hickman, Waid and DeFalco return for 700, artists are trickier because of the losses.

Pacheco is a must, art Adams or his twin Bradshaw, Kirk, Bagley, Stegman, Larrocca although I hate his post 2000 tracing stuff, Pichelli, RB Silva, Paco Medina, maybe some new FF blood like Larraz, Asrar and Gomez.

I’ll also be expecting another new #1 after 700 with the new creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd love to see Hickman return and do something for issue #700. I was always surprised to see he never really sneaked in a Fantastic Four cameo in his X-Men stuff. But I wonder if he's just going to be doing work on the Substack platform since the money goes directly in the creators pocket there from subscribers.

Mark Waid is at DC so I'm not sure if he's got an exclusive contract there. Walt Simonson would be great to have too. John Byrne has been so ticked off at Marvel for literally decades so that's never going to happen. Fraction's Fantastic Four run was lackluster IMO so I wouldn't care if he chose to pass on this.
    He did have them at pop up at the beginning of his run and looked like he had a plan for Franklin but Slott kind of stopped that.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Hickman will always have affection for the FF...

BANNED

47 variant by Dauterman

0A5BE51F-5E78-44E7-B7AE-C9623CDA266A.jpg

Got to say I love the DeFalco short sleeve one, Byrne, Onslaught, Jim Lee Reborn, Fourever 2018 and Claremont crop top.

Disappointed no 2099 version on show, loved that one as well.

The current dull one is relegated to behind the logo next to the heroes return suit.
    Last edited by The BaRoN; 05-11-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Mighty Member

So I’m wondering, I plan to read Heroes return all the way through to Hickman, but should I read the Marvel Now era and end with Secret War? (I do plan on ending with Secret War anyway).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    So I’m wondering, I plan to read Heroes return all the way through to Hickman, but should I read the Marvel Now era and end with Secret War? (I do plan on ending with Secret War anyway).
    I plan on doing that as well, I started with Byrne and then the epic collections and Onslaught trades, just finished heroes reborn and now on heroes reborn the return trade.

I have heroes return complete collection Vol 1-3 with Vol 4 coming soon.

I already have the Waid trades and Complete Hickman collection Vol 1-3 ready to go.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    I plan on doing that as well, I started with Byrne and then the epic collections and Onslaught trades, just finished heroes reborn and now on heroes reborn the return trade.

I have heroes return complete collection Vol 1-3 with Vol 4 coming soon.

I already have the Waid trades and Complete Hickman collection Vol 1-3 ready to go.
    Nice, I’m doing it the long way, buying every individual issue from 1998 onwards. I only have another 36 issues to go until I get a complete collection, and most of that is Waid.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have the 2nd volume of the Hickman Fantastic Four Omnibus because I missed the boat on volume one. But I also have a lot of the TPBs to fill in the gaps. His New Avengers title might as well be called the Stealth version of the Fantastic Four. This happened back when TPTB at Marvel, probably Axel Alonso was editor in chief. IIRC CEO Ike Perlmutter had ordered the Fantastic Four to be cancelled since Fox still owned the film rights and he didn't want Marvel to be providing free promo material for Fox. The second thing that happeded was that it mandated that every writer switch titles. This put Hickman on the Avengers and New Avengers. I've always felt that his New Avengers was a stealth version of things he didn't get to finish up in his Fantastic Four run. He had said in an interview that the Parliament of Doom arc was supposed have been a multi-issue arc instead of just a single issue. All of this work was leading up to the big finale of Secret War 2015.

I've met Jonathan Hickman 3 or 4 times at C2E2 in Chicago, the most recent time being in 2019. He has signed several things for me over the years. The last time I brought my hard cover edition of Secret Wars and a sketch copy of New Avengers #01 where the Black Swan first appears.

This is the inside page of the Secret Wars hardcover

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Alex Ross has been tweeting a lot of F4 art lately but this one stands out:

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...44111613530113

If this was used for a previous publication I missed it, but it's a curious crossover with anime homages, like the guy above Johnny wearing a Mazinger Z-inspired costume.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have the 2nd volume of the Hickman Fantastic Four Omnibus because I missed the boat on volume one. But I also have a lot of the TPBs to fill in the gaps. His New Avengers title might as well be called the Stealth version of the Fantastic Four. This happened back when TPTB at Marvel, probably Axel Alonso was editor in chief. IIRC CEO Ike Perlmutter had ordered the Fantastic Four to be cancelled since Fox still owned the film rights and he didn't want Marvel to be providing free promo material for Fox. The second thing that happeded was that it mandated that every writer switch titles. This put Hickman on the Avengers and New Avengers. I've always felt that his New Avengers was a stealth version of things he didn't get to finish up in his Fantastic Four run. He had said in an interview that the Parliament of Doom arc was supposed have been a multi-issue arc instead of just a single issue. All of this work was leading up to the big finale of Secret War 2015.

I've met Jonathan Hickman 3 or 4 times at C2E2 in Chicago, the most recent time being in 2019. He has signed several things for me over the years. The last time I brought my hard cover edition of Secret Wars and a sketch copy of New Avengers #01 where the Black Swan first appears.

This is the inside page of the Secret Wars hardcover

His New Avengers may be my second all time favourite Marvel run (behind Ultimate Spider-Man).
    I do plan on rereading once I’m done with his Fantastic Four run (and once I’m done with his Ultimates stuff as I feel Time Runs Out serves as a conclusion of sorts to what he was doing there).

But I cam certainly see how New Avengers was a sequel to his FF, especially considering how Doom becomes more involved later on down the line.