Page 43 of 118 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Was Johnny trying to copy Jim Hammond there, wearing a red costume even though the rest of the team was wearing the usual blue?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Johnny did the same thing back around v. 1 # 144 or so, when Medusa joined to replace Sue, she used a device to alter her costume into a FF version. Johnny did too, and it gave him the Hammond look.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That reminds me a little of that strange version of Ben morphed into a rock creature in Josh Trank's failure of a Fantastic Four movie in 2015. Seems like the only person that's had some good luck after that is Miles Teller. He's all over the place in films these days.
    That cast was including some of the best actors of a new generation, maybe except for Kate Mara. But Miles Teller, Jamie Bell, Toby Kebbell and of course Michael B. Jordan. They all have great potential and already proved their skill. It's sad that this cast was wasted on this abomination of a movie. It was like they went into a set of an empty warehouse, shooted some random stuff in a week and thought that the rest can be handled in the post-production.

Mighty Member

It seems I've completed my Fantastic Four run from 1998-2012.
    I may pick up the Marvel Now era and catch up on Slott's stuff depending how I feel once I get to reading Hickman's run but for now, I can pretty much call it a day.

It would take me a while to read these however (especially as I still got to catch-up on my monthlies and I have Immortal Hulk to read) but this is going to be fun, even the bad I expect to be a little fun around this time.

Someone remembered the FF's Ms. Marvel.
    https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-m...ura-she-thing/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I loved Sharon Ms Marvel Ventura. I actually was excited for Ben Grimm's new FF, thought it had so much potential, but her transformation into She-Thing and Ben's into Pinapple Thing ruined the book for me. Ever since, she really hasn't been used well, IMHO. Still hope someday someone does something good with her (though I doubt it'll be as Ms Marvel, especially with the name taken).

Peace

Yeah, if Sharon is to operate without her She-Thing transformation, she'll be needing a new codename because of Kamala. What about Marvel Woman? Nobody's using that.

Yeah, if Sharon is to operate without her She-Thing transformation, she'll be needing a new codename because of Kamala. What about Marvel Woman? Nobody's using that.
    I´d be fine with that, as long as Jean Grey doesn't suddenly decide that she wants it.

Peace

If Jean was going to take it she'd have done so over 30 years ago!

I really miss Sharon. I thought Dan Slott would have brought her onto the book by now besides that initial appearance where all former FFers appeared. Maybe she will be in the upcoming "New FF" book.

As for that article, I have a problem with:

When Sharon Ventura last appeared in the comics, she had seemingly found a way to control her She-Thing transformation, making cameo appearances in both her human and Thing form.

It has not been established that the wrestler shown was really Sharon.

And is the title image fan art?
    Last edited by danielsan52; 05-31-2022 at 05:53 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I have to say I never read a single issue of Millar's run. He's one of the writers I most despise in comics. I LIKE the sense of wonder in comics, the hopefullness. Millar writes EVERYBODY as a selfish jerk. I hate it. Plus, he has that whole writes for shock style. As long as it shocks the reader, he doesn't care if it makes sense or not. Not my cup of tea. I never saw him as a good fit for the FF (honestly, I see him as a good fit for very little). Thank god it was a very short run.

Peace
    I didn't like his Kick-Ass comic for Marvel either. You describe everything that I despise about his writing too. IIRC Grant Morrison mentored him for a while in the early stages of Millar's career but they had a falling out which is covered here. This Morrison quote about their estrangement cracks me up....

Rich Johnston - Bleeding Cool: He still lives in Glasgow, is there a chance of bumping into him?
    Morrison: There's a very good chance of running into him, and I hope I'm going 100 miles an hour when it happens.

Thankfully, Millar left comics for the most part. He did have his success with the Kingsman franchise partnering with Matthew Vaughn so that should keep him away.

Those panels accompanying the article are depressing. I could never understand why writers just wanted to destroy her. IIRC Simonson had "cured" her in his Fantastic Four but then the next guy just dragged her back down into monster mode. As far as I know, her most recent appearance were in FF 14 and the Captain America 15 I'm going to assume this is how she looks now

From FF 10 (2014)

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-31-2022 at 09:03 AM.

I should admit James Robinson's treatment of Sharon in his run left a very bad taste in my mouth. If the goal overall is to set her up as a basically good, although deeper grey personality, I'd like to see her redemption shown or at least referenced in the pages on FF. I get that characters don't "belong" to any set book, but it is difficult to separate her from Ben based on their current resemblance.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I should admit James Robinson's treatment of Sharon in his run left a very bad taste in my mouth. If the goal overall is to set her up as a basically good, although deeper grey personality, I'd like to see her redemption shown or at least referenced in the pages on FF. I get that characters don't "belong" to any set book, but it is difficult to separate her from Ben based on their current resemblance.
    At least she was reset to the point where she was the She Thing again. The look that she got toward's the end of DeFalco's FF run was so ugly it's like he must have hated the character for some reason.

BANNED

Tempted to read the faction and Robinson runs again although I know I’ll probably get annoyed as it was the time period marvel wanted them gone.

Recently started the new heroes return Vol 1 collection and loving larroccas old art style before the tracing.