Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The YAs are only MOSTLY queer, and they're not specifically an LGBTQ team. Kate Bishop is straight.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Future Foundation, and Val would benefit from having them back. But they're still FF-adjacent, and I'd like to see her branch outside of her family's sphere of influence.

The New Warriors classics are adults now, aren't they? Or at least, high above Valeria's age range. As for the other teams, maybe Val can join one of those remaining teams. I think she could work on other teams because she isn't really suitable or like the other kids, and that would lead to some interesting dynamics.
    Right? And even if her experiences or relationships aren't referenced, she has a strong personality. She'd constantly butt heads with Riri. Her more pragmatic ways could be frowned upon by heroes like Kamala. Nadia would absolutely court her for GIRL. She and Sam have both dealt with feeling powerless or at odds with their powered compatriots. She could add some more sarcasm and healthy skepticism to more upbeat groups.
    I think one of the problems with Val is AFAIK, she still is the one member of the family that doen't have powers that would come into play in case of a battle of some kind. I never really bought into the thing about Moon Girl being the smartest there is. Valeria could probably match her in many things since it's never quite clear to me how much influence Doom's role in her birth plays in her development. For sure she has a lot of potential with Reed and Sue as her parents. I think if there were an all girl team with Valeria, Kamala, Nadia (she went gaga over meeting Doom once!) RiRi and Lunella it would make for an interesting series that could hopefully attrack younger readers.

BTW, it's surprising 3 of those 4 have a link of sorts to Doom. RiRi went looking for him in the Infamous Iron Man days and he even gave her some fatherly advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Doom commands Stay In School!

I think Val should learn magic. Is Agatha Harkness alive?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Oh wow...that would be...I hadn't thought of that...

The story telling that would come from her doing something her father never would allow himself to while also tying her closer to Doom...mmmm.

Yes she is, she appeared in Scarlet Witch's solo book a few years ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    Oh wow...that would be...I hadn't thought of that...

The story telling that would come from her doing something her father never would allow himself to while also tying her closer to Doom...mmmm.
    This would be a development that would bring people to "oh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense." It's very much like Wall Street where Doom plays the part of Gordon Gekko, Val's Charlie Sheen, and Reed's Martin Sheen. It's a common enough trope to not be considered a swipe, but the drama on both a family and superhero level would be great for the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes she is, she appeared in Scarlet Witch's solo book a few years ago.
    Thank you.

Yeah, I defs want Val to get magic. I didn't mention it earlier, since I don't think she necessarily needs it to succeed. But it'd be a great development for her. And it'd be a nice throwback to Marvel Girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This would be a development that would bring people to "oh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense." It's very much like Wall Street where Doom plays the part of Gordon Gekko, Val's Charlie Sheen, and Reed's Martin Sheen. It's a common enough trope to not be considered a swipe, but the drama on both a family and superhero level would be great for the book.
    Absolutely yes. All of the yes.

I hope they do a stand alone issue for #49, then the new team can come on board with #50, continuing with #51 the next month....NO NEW #1!!
    And I agree with everyone else.....I REALLY want to see the Grimm family stay just the way they are!
    Ewing would be a great choice, but I also wouldn’t mind seeing Jim Zub on the book (though I would prefer him on a second Avengers book!)....no one in comics today writes a better balance of characterization and action than Jim.
    I think Patch Zircher would be a good match with him....grew to really love his work on Savage Avengers!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I've said the same thing. Her birth was partially due to Doom's magic after all.

And this goes back even farther, back to Valeria Von Doom's appearance in Chris Claremont's run. She was a young girl who claimed that Sue was her mother and Doom was her father. Val has one of the most entangled birth/origins in comics and has its origins in the miscarriage Sue suffered in John Byrne's Fantastic Four.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-09-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Slott finally confirmed his departure on Twitter but since his tweets are restricted to followers (I was lucky to follow him before he made his tweets private), I'll only share this part.

"But this was always the plan:
    The Reckoning War!
    Then the reveal in #46!
    And then goodbye."
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Valeria also knew magic in Fantastic Four: The End
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I think the whole magic being a part of Valeria's birth adds to the FF franchise. The FF started out as cosmic adventurers in the path of Rip Hunter, Cave Carson, the Sea Devils, and the Challengers of the Unknown. I can certainly see the team as being reticent to acknowledge or even follow this path as Reed's a pure science guy, Ben's also pretty scientific with what he goes by as well as his pragmatism. Johnny's never really gotten to the point where he gives a crap, and Sue's been living in the others shadows for a while and beginning to develop on her own. Val's really the first of the group to experience this first hand due to her Uncle Victor. Franklin is too much a normal kid to think about it and when he develops he appears to be passing both science and magic far behind but that's my head canon.

In any case, the FF certainly can and should have some experiences with magic despite their science background. And this is from an admitted FF purist/snob.