Page 57 of 118 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

I just think the origin story should be a backstory, even as you say, the whole, they knew each other, etc.

But due to the way the MCU developed, they lost their chance to be the first, as they were in comics.

So an idea 'like' mine, could go there. (my idea about dead Reed and the rest looking for him throughout the multi verse probably doesn't serve that).

i'm not against their classic origin, but

I'll never, ever be able to convince my wife to see it with me. She is probably the most vocal anti-FF person "fan" you'll ever meet. She totally hated the previous movies (and we never saw the very last/different one)

So I won't even tell her about the various Easter Eggs or things.
    She'll be surprised when we finally see Dr. S 2, perhaps if that depiction of Reed warms her cold heart (she likes Krasinski a lot) maybe she will changer her mind.

But it is part of the reason why I want the FF 'seeded' through other properties.
    A stealth maneuver to trick my wife into liking / giving the FF another chance.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

They could still be one of the first (they never were the first, Captain America predates them), if they make it a period piece. Have them blast off into space to beat the Soviets, in the 1960s. At the end of the film, they end up stuck in the Negative Zone and emerge 60 years later. That's similar to how they handled Captain America, and the stuck in a zone where they're in stasis is similar to Supergirl's origin, but doing it this way means the origin doesn't need modernising, and would be different from the previous FF movies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I just think the origin story should be a backstory, even as you say, the whole, they knew each other, etc.

But due to the way the MCU developed, they lost their chance to be the first, as they were in comics.

So an idea 'like' mine, could go there. (my idea about dead Reed and the rest looking for him throughout the multi verse probably doesn't serve that).

i'm not against their classic origin, but

I'll never, ever be able to convince my wife to see it with me. She is probably the most vocal anti-FF person "fan" you'll ever meet. She totally hated the previous movies (and we never saw the very last/different one)

So I won't even tell her about the various Easter Eggs or things.
    She'll be surprised when we finally see Dr. S 2, perhaps if that depiction of Reed warms her cold heart (she likes Krasinski a lot) maybe she will changer her mind.

But it is part of the reason why I want the FF 'seeded' through other properties.
    A stealth maneuver to trick my wife into liking / giving the FF another chance.
    I can see the appeal in the FF being the "first", even if it's not a feeling I share. But the MCU is a very large, very interconnected, busy place now and I agree that Easter Eggs and other hints in various movies is probably the best way to seed the fanbase. But it's also my belief that the FF shouldn't be considered to be a property on a pedestal. While many of us see the FF as the alpha series, as far as the movies are concerned, they need to earn their spot and their fanbase. Real people in extraordinary circumstances. It's a gift and a curse that the other properties have caught up with the FF's initial jump in content and quality. The FF are no longer special and we've seen FF initiated concepts pop up elsewhere. So whatever is done, the aspects that make the FF the FF need to be front and center.

I often mention how the Sopranos and Breaking Bad both utilize the FF's combination of basic family drama with extraordinary "professional" events. This is a franchise that is loaded with potential and adventures that shouldn't be easily adaptable for other characters.

And as for your wife, I feel your struggle and I wish you well.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Anyone read New Fantastic Four #1?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Yes, this is along my thinking, but...

specifically, the FF were Marvel's first super hero comic.

Captain America is grandfathered in, sorta, as the company was called Timely back then.

The FF, really are the first Marvel comic.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Oh, I will put them on a pedestal and you cannot take that from me, LOL.

thanks on the wishes for wifey. That struggle is 4real.
    ~ Oberon ~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Anyone read New Fantastic Four #1?
    I did, and would not consider getting the next except I'm on the fence on if I need to collect it for 'FF' completionist sake.

BANNED

Slott goes back to Spider-Man and this quite sums up his run on FF

“How does it feel to be writing Spider-Man again? Like I'm home. Like there's nowhere else I'd rather be
    Let’s hope the next team want to be on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can't use Hyborian Age, that's from Conan, which Marvel doesn't own and has just lost the comics rights to.
    How the **** do they keep losing the rights to Conan? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Slott goes back to Spider-Man and this quite sums up his run on FF

Let’s hope the next team want to be on the book.

(Empyre Fallout: Fantastic Four)

Man I really hope Slott avoids making Spidey sound like an annoying, unfunny, douchebag again...

But hey, if y'all are lucky, F4 gets Ewing as a way to balance out having Slott .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I hope the next era keeps the consistently great art.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    How the **** do they keep losing the rights to Conan? Lol.

(Empyre Fallout: Fantastic Four)

Man I really hope Slott avoids making Spidey sound like an annoying, unfunny, douchebag again...
    What I find most annoying is that he's been on the moon, like, a dozen times.

Peace

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

YES! I hope this is true. Also, Jason Segel would be my first choice to play Ben.
    Last edited by KC; 07-02-2022 at 01:49 PM.

I assume it would actually be Ben Grimm, not the Thing. If he has his powers, then you have to wonder how long the FF have been around and why they didn't get involved in things like the big Avengers battles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I assume it would actually be Ben Grimm, not the Thing. If he has his powers, then you have to wonder how long the FF have been around and why they didn't get involved in things like the big Avengers battles.
    It sounds like he will have his powers and has a few fighting scenes.

We can’t be far off an official casting and release announcement now, SDCC is my guess with D23 featuring more info

Disney plus day is in September this year as well, we have to assume the movie will explain where they’ve been but it seems the MCU will already know them by the time she hulk is out.