Page 353 of 833 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    let me vent because I'm a bit annoyed by the article. for years and not necessarily on cbr but definitely on comicvine Jean fans would talk so much ish about Ororo and how she wasn't as powerful as Jean, primarily due to phoenix. I couldn't tell you how many debates I had with people saying Jean was stronger. Now fast forward to Ororo canoncially being a goddess, a confirmed omega, and an omega slayer you have some seemingly trying to have Jean ride on Ororo’s coattails (as evident by this article) . Nothing in Xmen Red 2 had anything to do with Jean. Not one single thing. Let Ororo finally have HER moment to shine.. Like what was even the point of the article. These two characters are not in competition and they are both powerful for entirely different reasons. They are not the same and that is what makes them great. Can anyone please tell me when have you ever seen a writer use a power defining story about Jean to demonstrate how powerful Ororo is? In fact people would do the opposite. Articles like this especially being so out of the left field as you stated are very suspect to me. So to this writer Jean will still be one of the most powerful mutants ever even if Ororo is being shown why she is powerful in her own right.
    See this right here is why I never understood the need to try and shoehorn these two into the same arena. The only connection power wise these two share is that they have to keep their minds/emotions on lockdown or **** is going to hit the fan real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Where was this?!
    Check PM.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yes, this is a VERY weird Article, but I mean it is just 1 article. It's not like a bunch of them are saying the same thing. So, I would just ignore it.

I have my suspensions. I think certain narratives about characters when it pertains to power levels are being challenged. It is one thing to have debates with people in battle forums about who is stronger but when actual stories from canon begin to overwhelmingly start countering certain held beliefs it can be jarring for some.

tying this back to this article, as I mentioned for so long all sorts of folks would argue Jean was more powerful than ororo, with and without phoenix. However, when the xoffices/marvel drop stories after stories presenting a quote different narrator I think some may be worried their faves' claim to fame may be affected.

Going a little further, Storm was shown twice as needed help from Thor to address different obstacles beyond his control, Knull called Ororo his most powerful avatar even though he had also possessed the celestial, hulk, thor and the F4, storm proclaimed to magneto he wasn't the strongest person in the room anymore (seemingly accentuating she was), she destroyed an army of lethal legion attackers when the initial 6 easily took out the imperial guard, and she has beaten at least 3 omega level mutants including Vulcan who many believed would easily defeat her.

So why take a story that has nothing to do with a character on to use saud story to explain why they are equal in power? Maybe because that author is concerned on some level people won't perceive Jean as the most powerful xlady anymore.
    And to me that doesn't even make sense from an objective point of view. You cannot calculate who's more powerful because their powers are so different. How much raw psychic strength would it take to invade the mind of Knull compared to how much power is needed to control a hurricane with pin-point precision. It's nearly impossible to have an unbiased opinion because you're literally comparing Apples to Acorns.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yes, this is a VERY weird Article, but I mean it is just 1 article. It's not like a bunch of them are saying the same thing. So, I would just ignore it.

I mean the article does make a good point and it SHOULD be its own separate article. What is the deciding factor when 2 omega mutants are battling it out?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    See this right here is why I never understood the need to try and shoehorn these two into the same arena. The only connection power wise these two share is that they have to keep their minds/emotions on lockdown or **** is going to hit the fan real quick.

Check PM.
    fair point but you know the girls love a good rumble. I dont mind people making the case for their faves. I expect a Jean fan to explain why she would beat ororo in a rumbles. what seems all the way off is how this writer who I assume is a Jean fan since he just randomly linked her to xmen red 2 is using that story to demonstrate they are now on the same level? what happened to Jean being stronger? where were the other articles that linked how powerful ororo was because Jean did something uber powerful? times like this i really miss rutog lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I mean the article does make a good point and it SHOULD be its own separate article. What is the deciding factor when 2 omega mutants are battling it out?
    It does make a Good Point. It's just i'm not really tripping about the WHOLE Jean Grey stuff. Though, I see what they did there LOL haha. Anyway, it's whatever for me.

And to me that doesn't even make sense from an objective point of view. You cannot calculate who's more powerful because their powers are so different. How much raw psychic strength would it take to invade the mind of Knull compared to how much power is needed to control a hurricane with pin-point precision. It's nearly impossible to have an unbiased opinion because you're literally comparing Apples to Acorns.
    you are so correct... not anything equivalent. I recall how Emma had issues using ororo powers because it was so different in application and while ororo seemed to adjust to using telepathy faster she still had troubles.

but think about it though. how many post or rants have you come across where people were upset that ororo beat Vulcan and easily? people have their perceptions of ororo in terms of what she can do, which i think a large part comes from foxmen and the xmen stories written in the 90s/2000/10s.

can you blame people for thinking Vulcan would stomp her with trash like the stuff from above?? when you have all of the deconstruction that happened with storm after Claremont wrote her I get why they come into spaces with biases. thet believe she can't do the stuff we are seeing now which aligns to her powerset but given how much she was lowballed let her have her moment to shine. no need to take a moment meant for storm and somehow randomly link it to your fave.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-21-2022 at 05:31 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I really don't get the hate over the article... just sounded like a pro "girl power" moment.

Agreed.

I'm really not understanding why it was necessary to bring Jean into this discussion about what happened in Red #2. I mean I don't disagree with the general statement the article is trying to make but there was no reason to shoehorn Jean into this discussion. This was not a telepathic/telekinetic battle nor was it something that happened in the Astral plane or anywhere else that you'd normally consider Jean's domain. It's like they literally had to hammer out space for Jean in this and I'm like - why?

I'm hoping it's Subliminally (yes i'm corny. lol)trying to connect the two and red so Jean ends up there. lol. other than that your right, no real point. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I really don't get the hate over the article... just sounded like a pro "girl power" moment.
    This right here. I enjoyed it. For once they didnt compare the two in a negative way, it was a nice little write up imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

fair point but you know the girls love a good rumble. I dont mind people making the case for their faves. I expect a Jean fan to explain why she would beat ororo in a rumbles. what seems all the way off is how this writer who I assume is a Jean fan since he just randomly linked her to xmen red 2 is using that story to demonstrate they are now on the same level? what happened to Jean being stronger? where were the other articles that linked how powerful ororo was because Jean did something uber powerful? times like this i really miss rutog lol.
    They have to be a Jean fan. That's literally the only explanation I can come up with. So short of him proving that you can in fact be a fan of both Jean and Storm *raises hand high* I don't see his point.

I think they were before my time unless they're under a different name.
    you are so correct... not anything equivalent. I recall how Emma had issues using ororo powers because it was so different in application and while ororo seemed to adjust to using telepathy faster she still had troubles.

but think about it though. how many post or rants have you come across where people were upset that ororo beat Vulcan and easily? people have their perceptions of ororo in terms of what she can do, which i think a large part comes from foxmen and the xmen stories written in the 90s/2000/10s.

can you blame people for thinking Vulcan would stomp her with trash like the stuff from above?? when you have all of the deconstruction that happened with storm after Claremont wrote her I get why they come into spaces with biases. thet believe she can't do the stuff we are seeing now which aligns to her powerset but given how much she was lowballed let her have her moment to shine. no need to take a moment meant for storm and somehow randomly link it to your fave.
    First of all that War Machine scan needs to be burred in the deepest pit that Krakoa can make and send the writer who wrote that with it. But I get what you're saying. It will take time for the general perception of Storm to change. Hopefully Marvel is up for the task because eventually Ewing won't be writing her anymore.

You won't find any because it makes zero sense to include them together lmao! It's like if they wrote an article when Jean solo-linked communications from the Sun to Earth during the early part of HoX and then in the middle of the article the writer veers off into Storm's ability to control solar wind and then titles the article - Jean and Storm are the X-Men's cosmic masters. Like........... ok?

That's what I always thought. If I was an ordinary reader, reading the books after Claremont left X-men,In most of the stories I would definitely say storm is a terrible character, has no interesting story, doesn't look like a leader at all, and her powers are almost useless.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    It's not hate at all. It's just confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm hoping it's Subliminally (yes i'm corny. lol)trying to connect the two and red so Jean ends up there. lol. other than that your right, no real point. lol.
    LMAO! See that I would not mind at all. Storm's team needs a telepath on it because all the other spots are filled.

Energy manip - Storm/Mags/Sunspot.

Movement - You know Mr. Fesi is going to join. No way Ewing is actually going to let him go to the Avengers.

Strength - Sunspot/Storm (if we're counting wind and pressure).

The big whole in the team is a communicator. Telepathic communication while in combat is kinda their staple as X-Men and depending on the writer they can spend hours planning their next move before the 2nd punch is thrown. You add Jean's TK to the mix and Goddess help whoever is standing in their way.

They have to be a Jean fan. That's literally the only explanation I can come up with. So short of him proving that you can in fact be a fan of both Jean and Storm *raises hand high* I don't see his point.

I think they were before my time unless they're under a different name.

First of all that War Machine scan needs to be burred in the deepest pit that Krakoa can make and send the writer who wrote that with it. But I get what you're saying. It will take time for the general perception of Storm to change. Hopefully Marvel is up for the task because eventually Ewing won't be writing her anymore.

You won't find any because it makes zero sense to include them together lmao! It's like if they wrote an article when Jean solo-linked communications from the Sun to Earth during the early part of HoX and then in the middle of the article the writer veers off into Storm's ability to control solar wind and then titles the article - Jean and Storm are the X-Men's cosmic masters. Like........... ok?
    1. thank you sub for acknowledging this that is you don't see the point! I remember back when the first xmen red was out and storm fans who didn't like how she was depicted were told to just let Jean have her moment . ok fine, why can't the same apply here especially when Jean wasn't even in the book? Let ororo have her shine please and thank you. im all for shared moments like this for linking of hands between the fandom but that issue had nothing to do with Jean period:

2. yes time and consistent stories where storm is shown in such a light. and you hit exactly what I am most concerned with and that is how will writers showcase after Ewing leaves. he respects canon and actually understands her abilities. none of the most recent xmen writers had a clue on how to write imho.

3. lololol exactly!!! great analogy. miss me with this article im sorry can't cosign that.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-21-2022 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    That's what I always thought. If I was an ordinary reader, reading the books after Claremont left X-men,In most of the stories I would definitely say storm is a terrible character, has no interesting story, doesn't look like a leader at all, and her powers are almost useless.
    My favorite Storm moment.

Moped - 1. The woman who controls electrical energy - 0.

Ya'll got REKT by a moped. R.E.K.T.

I would've ended it right there. Flown up into space at mach 50,000.

Bye.