Page 329 of 833 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429829 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 12488

Yes the willpower thing was key with Storm vs Vulcan. He just is not on the same level when it comes to that. Isn't he mentally like 10 and very immature? Made sense he lost to Storm because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    People are already having a tiff on twitter about vulcan understandably so. The gwurls are pressed
    Come on now, did you really expect anything differently? Anytime Storm does anything besides her usual low-tier lightning/wind combo on a enemy you know it's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the interesting thing is no one has been nerfed. storm is just finally being written in a manner that aligns to her actual powerset.
    This!!!! Sad thing is some people will think this is a "new" power or something Ewing gave to Storm just for her to be able to fight Vulcan.

So I am gonna be truthful and say the battle did not hit it for me, I loved the line of "I AM THE MOTHER" and how she simply overpowered breda with her will which is in charchter for storm. But I was hoping we get the whole Tempestous operatic battle we were promised, I was hoping to see a battle were storm is pushed to new heights but I guess we ain't gonna get that. Still loved the issue though.

But I will say though that the entire battle does make sense given context and considering their powersets storm is a weather manipulator which involves energy which is the very engine which drives weather itself and my husband is an energy manipulator. When push comes to shove it really is a battle of will and as we all know storm's will cant be broken.
    I can sorta agree with this. Don't get me wrong, what we got ATE not only the food but the plate the table, hell the whole damn house! spoilers:
    BUT I would've liked to see more of a fight between the two. On the other hand I think Ewing perfectly ended the whole "is she a scalpel or a hammer" argument when it comes to Storm - she's BOTH. She hammer-timed Vulcan's own Omega Level control over his OWN energy and with scalpel like precision KOed him with what I can only assume was an internal lightning bolt that fried him from the inside out since it required him to be healed.

He also picked on on the thread Hickman had about Storm's energy perception. While we sadly didn't see that part of the battle played out in the art, Ewing told us via Storm what was going down which is arguably better anyway.

My thing is you may very well still get this epic battle later own the line. Vulcan doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to just let this go and move on. Storm didn't just defeat him, no, MOTHER humiliated his ass with a full audience to tell the tale. Quite literally grabbed him by the nECCCCKKKK(gotta get that full throat action) and 100-0'ed him in seconds.
    end of spoilers
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Yes the willpower thing was key with Storm vs Vulcan. He just is not on the same level when it comes to that. Isn't he mentally like 10 and very immature? Made sense he lost to Storm because of that.
    Yep. There's a multitude of factors that went into play here and some of them Vulcan will never be able to overcome. spoilers:
    As Brand stated, Storm has been trained in using her powers at the HIGHEST LEVEL while Vulcan usually just relies on the brute strength of his raw power to carry him.
    end of spoilers

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is freaking perfect!!!! lol

Ewing killed this... like knocked it out the park!!!
    Lol, when I read that the gif instantly popped in my head! Going down the rabbit hole of "Top drag race entrances" on Youtube served a purpose!

In GodEwing WE TRUST!

Tine to add Omega energy manipulator as part of storm's resume... and this issue confirmed my theory about the nature of omega powers, some omega powers are stealth multiple omega powers rolled into one package.
    Attachment 121144
    I was thinking about this too but it does make sense and I'm glad its now confirmed. With all the moving parts that involve "weather", Storm would have to have Omega level control over all of them to actually make her an Omega level weather manipulator. My only question is how far does this extend to the more "etheric" aspects of weather related energy like gravity control?

What i want to see is how the heck is vulcan going to beat tarn. I mean one can make the argument he couldn't change storm completely and their is presidence given what mask did to her in Xtreme Xmen but if Tarn shuts off vulcan powers he has no h2h combat skills as far as we have seen so i do wonder how vulcan can possibly beat Tarn without tarn being jobbed so i look forward to that. I also look forward to what people will say when it was all "How storm won that fight??" when there was a lot of precedence from powerless and fighting demons and cyclops to again the arena in xtreme.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Amazing Member

Who can help us share this epic fight X-Men red#2

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    Who can help us share this epic fight X-Men red#2
    I just hope the pdf going around doesn't hurt sales on it. That's another aspect of why i think digital is important. Better to release it yourself and get that money than countless people passing it around and potentially hurting sales and then no one being able to talk about it until a later time which gives the illusion there isn't early copies already going around. Someone who has an early copy has to be the scanner, perhaps even a shop owner or someone trying to hurt sales. I mean i get excitement but to scan an entire issue before it's release seems to say ulterior motive to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Woke this morning spinning and singing " I haven't read it , But the winds are howling so Strong. I haven't read it, but ap-parent-ly the god-dess came through."
    Pick up keys on the way out the door. "Going to go get it"
    Cause I can't not be left behind"
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 05-18-2022 at 07:15 AM.

Incredible Member

X men Red #2 is coo but Al Ewing needs to explain why storm is even on mars, where she living/home and daily life. She just be showing up to the fight and leave lol. It’s clear Storm wants to defend the planet but what’s her reasoning. She doesn’t want to be queen so she kinda like Batman just there to defend the city/planet lol idk. Someone explain

oh and i F(#(#(ing LOVED! LIVED!!! the brand data page. spoilers:
    I thought i was getting the Queen of Wakanda but i got the Queen of the Morlocks.
    end of spoilers Yes! A storm can not be controlled or contained. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    X men Red #2 is coo but Al Ewing needs to explain why storm is even on mars, where she living/home and daily life. She just be showing up to the fight and leave lol. It’s clear Storm wants to defend the planet but what’s her reasoning. She doesn’t want to be queen so she kinda like Batman just there to defend the city/planet lol idk. Someone explain
    Storm is the mother of Mars and as such all it's inhabitants her children. Mother wants to watch her world and children grow.

As for a place to live, we all knew the goddess would return to the skies. But on a more serious point her quarters were shown in Sword on several occassions. And on a more metaphorical level, the universe is her home and the stars her roof.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-18-2022 at 07:32 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    What i want to see is how the heck is vulcan going to beat tarn. I mean one can make the argument he couldn't change storm completely and their is presidence given what mask did to her in Xtreme Xmen but if Tarn shuts off vulcan powers he has no h2h combat skills as far as we have seen so i do wonder how vulcan can possibly beat Tarn without tarn being jobbed so i look forward to that. I also look forward to what people will say when it was all "How storm won that fight??" when there was a lot of precedence from powerless and fighting demons and cyclops to again the arena in xtreme.
    Well at this point I'm assuming its going to be Magneto that actually beats Tarn, so whether or not Vulcan can beat Tarn is likely to stay irrelevant for now. He might still end up challenging Tarn BEFORE Magneto does, in which case we know he'll lose (otherwise we'd never get to the Magneto vs Tarn fight anyway), but ultimately I think at this point its safe to say Magneto's going to be the one to get Tarn's seat. The solicit for X-Men Red #5 talks about all nine of the Great Ring fighting one of the Eternals (likely either Thanos himself, or Uranos), and then the cover for #6 shows Magneto's shattered helmet....so I think its pretty likely that as of #5, Magneto is going to be one of the nine GR members taking on the same foe.

(Of course, if Magneto does fall during Judgment Day, even if only temporarily before being resurrected....that could lead to Vulcan taking advantage of that to try and challenge him or take his seat in the aftermath. I definitely agree that this isn't the last we've seen of Vulcan in this title and he's gonna be nursing a grudge for a long time).

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Well at this point I'm assuming its going to be Magneto that actually beats Tarn, so whether or not Vulcan can beat Tarn is likely to stay irrelevant for now. He might still end up challenging Tarn BEFORE Magneto does, in which case we know he'll lose (otherwise we'd never get to the Magneto vs Tarn fight anyway), but ultimately I think at this point its safe to say Magneto's going to be the one to get Tarn's seat. The solicit for X-Men Red #5 talks about all nine of the Great Ring fighting one of the Eternals (likely either Thanos himself, or Uranos), and then the cover for #6 shows Magneto's shattered helmet....so I think its pretty likely that as of #5, Magneto is going to be one of the nine GR members taking on the same foe.
    Very likely but from the issue just as likely Tarn/Magneto fight could happen first and vulcan swoops in when tarn is weakned and takes the win. It may not be a worthy win but most don't like Tarn so they may at least let it go. Personally i want magneto to have the seat but Brand is putting Vulcan in that place for a reason which means she needs that chess piece so she either gets who she wants on the seat, somehow makes inroads with magneto and have an open dialect or gets something over one of the other arrakians herself. So short of her now needing a plan c she is due for a semi win and a strategic one for sure so she doesn't lose her feel of being a threat. I just think a vulcan win will be a hard one to pull out against tarn unless there is some tom foolery especially given the very arguments made FOR him in this thread. powerless he's basically a child in a man's body.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    oh and i F(#(#(ing LOVED! LIVED!!! the brand data page. spoilers:
    I thought i was getting the Queen of Wakanda but i got the Queen of the Morlocks.
    end of spoilers Yes! A storm can not be controlled or contained. lol
    This is my favorite part of the issue!
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    This is my favorite part of the issue!
    lmao I could literally hear brand voice in my head when i read it. lol. "wtf, here i thought i was getting this and she went and got xena on my ass!"
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.