Page 340 of 833 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 12488

Storm drained his energy when he used thermal energy manipulation to freeze Vulcan.

Fantastic Member

guys I'm seeing a lot of people saying that the part where Storm grabs Vulcan by the neck and casually holds him up is PIS because he's physically so much superior to Storm. any thoughts?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    guys I'm seeing a lot of people saying that the part where Storm grabs Vulcan by the neck and casually holds him up is PIS because he's physically so much superior to Storm. any thoughts?
    Vulcan uses energy to augment his speed and strength. Storm also stated quite plainly that she manipulates energy. I mean 2+2 lol if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Vulcan uses energy to augment his speed and strength. Storm also stated quite plainly that she manipulates energy. I mean 2+2 lol if you know what I mean.
    "...keep an eye on the Storm..."

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    "...keep an eye on the Storm..."
    I mean they did tell us.

Ehhh she did what she if they dont like it they can ho kiss lava... idc.

On another note there is rumour going around that namor will be in black panther 2 and will be able to manipulate the weather and tidal waves. Cant wait ti see how they have improved with those effects.

LOL some people are so pressed. Good! I haven’t seen anything that suggests Vulcan’s base strength is above a normal human level. I know he traded blows with BB and fought the IG but he had his energy manipulation powers at the time and was augmented. We just saw John Proudstar basically one-shot stun him in issue 1 (John is what…peak human/low level super?), so I don’t get their attempts to undermine the feat. It’s clear Storm was manipulating the energy within Vulcan and he was fully focused on fighting for control of that energy and lost fair & square.

I read the issue and I enjoyed it. It was nice seeing Storm simply over-come Vulcan the way she did. I really like Ewing and I hope he can deliver for Storm. It was so refreshing seeing Storm use her abilities in such a dominate way, especially because she did so without being destructive.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

It’s not PIS. Storm specifically stated the was a fight of will power. And Vulcans stats are augmented by the Energy he absorbs. Since Storm was disrupting that Energy his base strength couldn’t go any higher.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    this all of this. storm explained exactly what was happening which explained that entire interaction.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh I loved it 10/10 for me. I did say that I was expecting a tempestous battle but this show of power works even better and is more in line with storm's charachter. I mean her and vulcan going at it would harm the arakkii present who clearly were not powerful and could potentially destroy the planet. Her grabbing him by the neck and letting him know he is on her level in name only is the kind off badass that only claremoth can pull off and Ewing did it seamlessly.

Also I love how the story is building up giving us a deeper conflict how the fisher king is subtly set up as more than he seems and also how manifold and frenzy are not on bord with what abigail is doing manifold even quiting. And abigail! My God! She is a perfect villan/antagonist. Like she is evil and **** but she genuinely believes she is in the right and is doing stuff for the greater good. I like that she has intergalactic powers backing her looks like they can finally give ororo a challenge.
    yes to all of this. it was a 10 for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Covid actually put me in the hospital for 5 months. I've slowly been getting better but it was a rough ride for a little. Finally heathy enough that I feel alright.

omg im so very happy to hear you are on the road to recovery. please continue to take it way and get as much rest as you can.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Someone said storm is a batman Marysue and I am rolling. This is tooo good the salty tears are tooo sweet..

Covid actually put me in the hospital for 5 months. I've slowly been getting better but it was a rough ride for a little. Finally heathy enough that I feel alright.
    good to hear. glad your doing better.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Someone said storm is a batman Marysue and I am rolling. This is tooo good the salty tears are tooo sweet..
    storm finally getting written tge way she is supposed to and the haters losing their ever loving minds. it's so beautiful to see lol

LAM - Didn’t know you were going through all that. That sounds absolutely horrible. I’m glad you are better.

Wow lol …*sips their tear-tea*

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this all of this. storm explained exactly what was happening which explained that entire interaction.
    Re-read the issue….does it look like Storm used wind to direct Vulcan into her grasp? Like we see him running on the ground, next panel his feet off the ground and hair is blowing forward, and Storm’s mane is blowing back a little bit…and then it was a wrap.

I got folks posting images from 2008 trying to argue storm isn't this or that. you never see this kind of backlash with characters like Thor, hulk, captain marvel, Jean etc folks need to start asking themselves why is that?