Page 349 of 833 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359399449 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 12488

It creeps me out soo much. Like they just can't envision it. We have had decades of the xoffice literally creating an aryan mutant species with the grey-summers, exploring their Hitler fetishes saying that scott and his ilk are genetically superior to the rest of mutantkind. Like think about it, they literally had a nazi say that scott and his kin is prime gene stock and instead of proving the nazi scientist wrong, they proved him right but literally creating xman whose personality trait is being overpowered and is literally a walking poster child for why eugenics is right. A literal story about marginalised people is becoming aryan breeding centre. With an all white omega cast... a story about marginalised people is dominated mainly by straight white men.... interesting.

Its wierd and creepy as hell and the fact that they hadn't picked on how messed up they are is really telling to say the least.its why the whole grey summers **** I domt like or care for it in particular.
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-20-2022 at 02:56 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

@daedra officially shut the haters down! excellent counter arguments to those who thought storm winning was pis.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    It creeps me out soo much. Like they just can't envision it. We have had decades of the xoffice literally creating an aryan mutant species with the grey-summers, exploring their Hitler fetishes saying that scott and his ilk are genetically superior to the rest of mutantkind. Like think about it, they literally had a nazi say that scott and his kin is prime gene stock and instead of proving the nazi scientist wrong, they proved him right but literally creating xman whose personality trait is being overpowered and is literally a walking poster child for why eugenics is right. A literal story about marginalised people is becoming aryan breeding centre. With an all white omega cast... a story about marginalised people is dominated mainly by straight white men.... interesting.

Its wierd and creepy as hell and the fact that they hadn't picked on how messed up they are is really telling to say the least.its why the whole grey summers **** I domt like or care for it in particular.
    Don't forget, they once set storm's infamous multi-racial combination. Though it turns out they were just following an '80s sci-fi trend.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You make a good point, in fact Storm overpowering Vulcan makes much more sense than Magneto besting Proteus, the issue here is that some people (the reasonable ones) still remember Vulcan’s epic fight with Blackbolt during war of kings and in comparison the showdown between Ororo and Gabriel is a bit underwhelming both in the art and storytelling department ……. Then we have the crazies which are blinded by prejudices about races and gender….but we just ignore them.

Just a couple of sequences from war of kings and there is more :
    -snip-
    LMAO Daedra came in with the facts. I love it!

Well mysogynoir ain't fair my friend. Like kyss said venom can casually because a god and beat knull no questions asked, vulcan can lay Adam Freaking warlock on his ass and people will sing gives praises, tony can literally build a freaking celestial buster armour and no one will call him a Mary sue... but storm being unapologetically powerful is tooo much, she is now being compared to batman by some idiots. It's really beautiful how they just expose themselves unprovoked.
    It really is! It makes my life so much easier when I know who to ignore and not waste my time having a discussion with.

He got jobbed in his own book like who gets jobbed in their own solo arc. My Goddess, my husband really is a loser. He is hot though thats why I am still married to him.
    Girl don't start. You going to have some BP fan in here T_T about Coates' BP run and Storm's involvement.

That breakdown is really something that I think is really over looked when it comes to the Grey-Summers gene lol. Sinister really came up in here and said that in ALL of Mutantdom only 2 white people are the supremes of the species. BUT then again Sinister is a racist Nazi PoS so it's highly likely that he didn't even bother looking at any other race.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

This is what it feels like a lot I won't even name writers but some come off like deep red conservatives trying to bastardize and take their frustrations out on what the xmen stand and stood for. Like there being more problems with them being able to resurrect than the countless murders and attacks on their homes with no legal ramifications.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    LMAO Daedra came in with the facts. I love it!

It really is! It makes my life so much easier when I know who to ignore and not waste my time having a discussion with.

Girl don't start. You going to have some BP fan in here T_T about Coates' BP run and Storm's involvement.

That breakdown is really something that I think is really over looked when it comes to the Grey-Summers gene lol. Sinister really came up in here and said that in ALL of Mutantdom only 2 white people are the supremes of the species. BUT then again Sinister is a racist Nazi PoS so it's highly likely that he didn't even bother looking at any other race.
    That's is why to me if you are a writer and you say that you relate or vibe with sinister... I will look at you with a very nasty side eye. What do you vibe with about hat nasty man eugenics, racism.... being disgusting and creepy. Or because he says yes queen now he is stannable.

All that is trash behaviour.

Havok was amped after being sun dipped
    Emperor Vulcan showed he could exist as pure energy. I think a lot of people thought all 3 were dumb considering how he solod the Imperial Guard.

That said Brubaker was going to have Storm beat Vulcan in RAFOTSE. But he wasn't allowed to take Cyclops and Storm into space so it was Polaris and Havok

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is what it feels like a lot I won't even name writers but some come off like deep red conservatives trying to bastardize and take their frustrations out on what the xmen stand and stood for. Like there being more problems with them being able to resurrect than the countless murders and attacks on their homes with no legal ramifications.
    Hmmm thats is why stories like these should not be told from one perspective. The x-men in particular represent something the fantastuc four, avengers and justice league dont. And that is found family and perseverance in the face of oppression for being born. Having only one demographic of people telling all the stories really puts a damper on what can be told especially considering claremoth who grew with the series was a Jewish man himself and had multiple people helping him in his work women, people of colour and others. You need diverse opinion to write the xmen because th x-men at its core is about diversity and finding United strength in that diversity regardless of how bad the world treats you.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emperor Vulcan showed he could exist as pure energy. I think a lot of people thought all 3 were dumb considering how he solod the Imperial Guard.

That said Brubaker was going to have Storm beat Vulcan in RAFOTSE. But he wasn't allowed to take Cyclops and Storm into space so it was Polaris and Havok
    really how do you know that??? about it was supposed to have been storm?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

Except vulcan literally came in from no where and soloed the imperial guard with gladiator and stuff, gladiator whose power even th loving tribunal acknowledges as considerable. He got jobbed by vulcan as a demonstration of how strong he vulcan is. Now the tables have turned he vulcan got jobbed by storm to show just how powerful storn herself is. Him absorbing energy shouldnt affectvthe fight seeing as his power is literally energy manipulation not absorption even storm stated that his energy manipulation and hers are even.

Also in havoks case atent the aryan brothers kinda immune to each others powers? I keep forgetting about thier quirks. But if that's the case it makes sense he was beaten easily by Alex, polaris took him when he was distracted but a job is still a job lol.

Except vulcan literally came in from no where and soloed the imperial guard with gladiator and stuff, gladiator whose power even th loving tribunal acknowledges as considerable. He got jobbed by vulcan as a demonstration of how strong he vulcan is. Now the tables have turned he vulcan got jobbed by storm to show just how powerful storn herself is. Him absorbing energy shouldnt affectvthe fight seeing as his power is literally energy manipulation not absorption even storm stated that his energy manipulation and hers are even.

Also in havoks case atent the aryan brothers kinda immune to each others powers? I keep forgetting about thier quirks. But if that's the case it makes sense he was beaten easily by Alex, polaris took him when he was distracted but a job is still a job lol.
    I think it was more showing how varied the powersets were with the Imperial Guard that Vulcan beat them with ease. Same with the guy from Kingbreaker where he manipulated faith energy

Nah they're not immune to Vulcans powers hust Havok and Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    really how do you know that??? about it was supposed to have been storm?
    Brubaker said it in an interview

Guys remember that gladiator beat vulcan and also popped his eye out which was replaced with a synthetic one, vulcan life was spared at the time by the emperor D’ken. Alex was simply able to overpower Vulcan, their powers worked on each others but Vulcan was deficient in dealing with the excess energy havok got by the sun, basically he was incompetent again.
    Storm is able to manipulate potential and manifest energy on a planetary scale and beyond, on a normal Monday she can easily tame a continent wide hurricane with unnatural ease, when has vulcan ever displayed the ability to compete with her many feats? I’m not even sure vulcan could ever hope to match ororo’s range.
    Last point I’d like to express is that weather is a complex mix of energy patterns and MATTER configurations, Storm walks a fine line between 2 sides of the same coin while vulcan does not.

Last edited by Daedra; 05-20-2022 at 04:54 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I think some people are just too focused on the "Shell" part. Regardless, he still uses his powers on a Surface level. Surface level being absorbing Energy, firing energy, making constructs, using excess energy to increase strength. That's ALL surface Level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I think some people are just too focused on the "Shell" part. Regardless, he still uses his powers on a Surface level. Surface level being absorbing Energy, firing energy, making constructs, using excess energy to increase strength. That's ALL surface Level.
    Exactly, Polaris had him begging on the ground like a weak willed simpleton, how was he ever going to best Ororo in that department is anyone guess
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Exactly, Polaris had him begging on the ground like a weak willed simpleton, how was he ever going to best Ororo in that department is anyone guess
    Exactly. So, Vulcan being a "Shell" means NOTHING. I just want people to understand that. LOL.