Page 450 of 833 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500550 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 12488
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Diminishing Coates? His sales do that, the poor plotting does that, the way he treated Wakanda and framed a relationship does that. I don't have diminish anything, he did all of that himself and the best part is you all know it, that's why you are big mad about anyone criticizing his writing and need him to be the hero of making Storm prominent again.

Lol I’m not mad about anything. I picked up and just started reading I would of never known about Coates numbers and me personally don’t care it’s already written can’t be erased. Lol the story he was telling just wasn’t for you and that’s okay. You don’t got to read it simple

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Anyone can be evaluated into a god by faith. The difference is Storm has a godhead which means while she needs faith to amps her powers. Her powers don't go away if someone doesn't pray to her. She was born with her divinity. Exodus on the other hand would need active prayers to keep his.
    yes absolutely correct. her divinity is an intrinsic part of her and as Coates mentioned hoes deeper than her mutation. I love this explanation its so true!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Thanks for answering the questions. That's the best answer so far.
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    *-* I like you a lot too.
    (^_^) xoxoxoxo
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Diminishing Coates? His sales do that, the poor plotting does that, the way he treated Wakanda and framed a relationship does that. I don't have diminish anything, he did all of that himself and the best part is you all know it, that's why you are big mad about anyone criticizing his writing and need him to be the hero of making Storm prominent again.
    Like seriously what does any of this have to do with the contributions he made for storm? no one will ever believe this idea you would like us to which is storm was a real goddess before coates. you mentioned Claremont well look at what he said regarding storm being a goddess in xtreme:

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Lol I’m not mad about anything. I picked up and just started reading I would of never known about Coates numbers and me personally don’t care it’s already written can’t be erased. Lol the story he was telling just wasn’t for you and that’s okay. You don’t got to read it simple
    beautifully said!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Wait is it next week or the 13th because the messages are very mixed.

Yeah Ewing is a master at interviews... I have realized that every interview he has had with storm hits hard!
    The response to that question made me scream... brand really is in over her head and she doesnt know, he even said that she putting storm in the queen of the morlock category was still her not getting the true picture. Its definately a highlight for sure its going to go down and I will be seated for it. Also love that he is oke of the few writers that recognises that her powerless era was a formative era in her life. She as a person grew and got new perspectives from that. And that going back to her being powerless is not necessary now it's time to see how far she can go when she has all her aspects at her disposal.
    I believe so. No mention of the issue getting pushed so we should be good next week for #4. Brand is definitely in for it. I wouldn’t mind seeing Storm set aside her powers for an up close and personal brawl with Abigail, but I took his comments to mean not only that Storm has more power that she has yet to tap into, but also an inner strength that the Arakki will respond to and show Brand how far out of her depth she truly is. Brand is the exact tool Storm needs for her development

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Like seriously what does any of this have to do with the contributions he made for storm? no one will ever believe this idea you would like us to which is storm was a real goddess before coates. you mentioned Claremont well look at what he said regarding storm being a goddess in xtreme:
    Well Look at what the Story actually said and then understand that in Xtreme.

You have eyes, try using them to read:

As a young child, she was buried alive and that trauma left her an uncurable claustrophobe. For Ororo, her transformation into a living statue was the ultimate nightmare. In a desperate, instinctive bid for freedom, her subconscious created within her an insatiable demand for power. That near-infinite power --now unleashed-- evolved her beyond all comprehension.

Then this happens:

Then this:

Claremont had her reject the goddess to be the human. Coates had her embrace it. If you can't or won't see that that's not really my problem.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 06-25-2022 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Wait is it next week or the 13th because the messages are very mixed. Yeah Ewing is a master at interviews... I have realized that every interview he has had with storm hits hard!
    The response to those questions made me all of the X-Men (save for Betsy since she was in a recent one) are overdue for handbook entry updates. I don't think we got a Storm Dauterman power grid variant, and the last time I recall an entry for Storm was on a cover for X-Men Gold (a nightmarish period) and it wasn't updated past her 2007 ratings. I've always thought she was underrated in Intelligence, Power, Fighting Ability, and possibly Durability. Like:

Intelligence -3 - Though I think she is naturally above average she has been leader of the X-Men, leader of mutants, formed the XSE, former Queen of Wakanda, member of the QC, and now Regent of Sol. I don't see how she can accomplish and maintain these roles with just average intelligence
    Strength -2- Makes sense
    Speed - 3 - Makes sense since 99% of the time she uses air for travel as opposed to faster means (lightning)
    Durability - could be a 2 but arguably a 3 - With her resistance to lightning, extreme temperatures, pressure and friction her physiology could arguably be enhanced; Only caveat is where her power protect her and does her body compensate
    Energy Projection - 6 - This never really made sense as a 5; Jean and Storm's powers are psionic, but we recognize Jean's TP and TK and separate forms of energy so she is a 6; Storm manipulates physical matter (i.e., air and water), EM energy (including electrical, magnetic fields, gamma), temperature, and pressure (multiple forms of energy/matter) as her primary forces; Her being a 5 never really made sense; Cyclops is a 5 - make sense - single energy type (extremely powerful), but Sue Storm (6?) - doesn't she only wield the invisible force?), Magneto (6) - make sense since the EM spectrum include multiple forms of energy
    Fighting Ability - 5- Especially lately; She's obviously skilled but we saw her using both her H2H combat and powers on a regular before she was Regent, but now even more so as Regent

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    They think Storm was Charles' biggest supporter in QC after Magneto left?

Attachment 122202
    Interesting. I wonder if she is attending a challenge as a spectator or dealing with another challenge to her seat.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 06-25-2022 at 01:06 PM.

As a young child, she was buried alive and that trauma left her an uncurable claustrophobe. For Ororo, her transformation into a living statue was the ultimate nightmare. In a desperate, instinctive bid for freedom, her subconscious created within her an insatiable demand for power. That near-infinite power --now unleashed-- evolved her beyond all comprehension.

Then this happens:

Then this:

Claremont had her reject the goddess to be the human. Coates had her embrace it. If you can't or won't see that that's not really my problem.
    To Claremont Storm was not a literal goddess but her mutant abilities made her nature divine. Even though he said that she was a three-dimensional goddess, the term goddess was often used in a hyperbolic way, and other mutants like Legion for example receive the same treatment due to her potential. Coates made her a literal goddess, gave her a divine lineage, and made her transcend divinity so there is no way to undo that concept anymore.
    There is a difference between being goddess and being a goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    I believe so. No mention of the issue getting pushed so we should be good next week for #4. Brand is definitely in for it. I wouldn’t mind seeing Storm set aside her powers for an up close and personal brawl with Abigail, but I took his comments to mean not only that Storm has more power that she has yet to tap into, but also an inner strength that the Arakki will respond to and show Brand how far out of her depth she truly is. Brand is the exact tool Storm needs for her development
    Yeah that is one fight I wont mind her not using her powers at all for. She needs to break Abigail's face and knock some sense into her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    The response to those questions made me all of the X-Men (save for Betsy since she was in a recent one) are overdue for handbook entry updates. I don't think we got a Storm Dauterman power grid variant, and the last time I recall an entry for Storm was on a cover for X-Men Gold (a nightmarish period) and it wasn't updated past her 2007 ratings. I've always thought she was underrated in Intelligence, Power, Fighting Ability, and possibly Durability. Like:

Intelligence -3 - Though I think she is naturally above average she has been leader of the X-Men, leader of mutants, formed the XSE, former Queen of Wakanda, member of the QC, and now Regent of Sol. I don't see how she can accomplish and maintain these roles with just average intelligence
    Strength -2- Makes sense
    Speed - 3 - Makes sense since 99% of the time she uses air for travel as opposed to faster means (lightning)
    Durability - could be a 2 but arguably a 3 - With her resistance to lightning, extreme temperatures, pressure and friction her physiology could arguably be enhanced; Only caveat is where her power protect her and does her body compensate
    Energy Projection - 6 - This never really made sense as a 5; Jean and Storm's powers are psionic, but we recognize Jean's TP and TK and separate forms of energy so she is a 6; Storm manipulates physical matter (i.e., air and water), EM energy (including electrical, magnetic fields, gamma), temperature, and pressure (multiple forms of energy/matter) as her primary forces; Her being a 5 never really made sense; Cyclops is a 5 - make sense - single energy type (extremely powerful), but Sue Storm (6?) - doesn't she only wield the invisible force?), Magneto (6) - make sense since the EM spectrum include multiple forms of energy
    Fighting Ability - 5- Especially lately; She's obviously skilled but we saw her using both her H2H combat and powers on a regular before she was Regent, but now even more so as Regent

Interesting. I wonder if she is attending a challenge as a spectator or dealing with another challenge to her seat.
    The only time I recall storms power getting any upgrade was the official handbook of marvel where they state that her power was incalculable. The dauterman trading cards definately need to be done for certain charchters. Stprm being one of them. I guess storm will likely be a 7 in mental powers as she is an omega level mutant with no limit and her energy projection will lilely be a 6 or 7 seeing as she can manipulate any many forms of energy, including magic. Her intelligence should be a 3 she is very learned and is the best strategist in the xmen following cyclops. Plus she is more intelligent than him comprehensively as he is mostly battle tactics and she is all round.
    Her durability should also be a 3 since controlling the elements on such massive scale is very taxing on the mind and body and she can do so with ease indicating some measure of strength. Speed is honestly a 4 for me as storm can move with lightning if she wants to, but usually rides wind. Fighting ability should definately be a 5 she is the best female fighter in the xmen only matched by the likes of kate, mystique, domino and a few others. Plus she is street smart and is a very instinctive fighter.

Then this happens:

Then this:

Phoenix was a cosmic force not a goddess. Claremont had Ororo do what Jean/Phoenix was unable to do which was reject her dark desires of obtaining ultimate power not becoming a goddess. ive read that story up and down your assessment of roguestorm simply is incorrect and as Claremont revisited in xtreme everything up to that point she was only a goddess in name ONLY. its clear you're reaching in an effort to invalidate coates' development of storm... no one here is buying this pretty erroneous argument you're making.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-25-2022 at 01:38 PM.

To Claremont Storm was not a literal goddess but her mutant abilities made her nature divine. Even though he said that she was a three-dimensional goddess, the term goddess was often used in a hyperbolic way, and other mutants like Legion for example receive the same treatment due to her potential. Coates made her a literal goddess, gave her a divine lineage, and made her transcend divinity so there is no way to undo that concept anymore.
    exactly Phoenix and roguestorm were godlike in power but not acrual gods.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm really interested to see how Ewing eventually pushes her powers beyond her current parameters. I'm trying to imagine what that would look like but I'm actually coming up empty.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

Strength -2- Makes sense

I would love to see her power grid be officially revised as well. the current ratings are definitely outdated.

Mighty Member

This is the most convoluted and silly explanation. It makes no sense. Claremont saw her evolve into being a goddess choosing ultimate power only to reject it. That's what the story says. Having a divine nature is the thing Coates used to turn her into a goddess . If you cant understand that is a distinction without a difference I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Phoenix was a cosmic force not a goddess. Claremont had Ororo do what Jean/Phoenix was unable to do which was reject her dark desires of obtaining ultimate power not becoming a goddess. ive read that story up and down your assessment of roguestorm simply is incorrect and as Claremont revisited in xtreme everything up to that point she was only a goddess in name ONLY. its clear you're reaching in an effort to invalidate coates' development of storm... no one here is buying this pretty erroneous argument you're making.
    Phoenix is more than a cosmic force for life, rebirth and destruction. Since when is being a cosmic force not divine? Make it make sense. It evolved and became a cosmic judge and a bunch of other stuff. But you know that and the best part about Claremont showing that storm can evolve into being a goddess by her mutation is that it is cannon and no matter how insecure you are about people not liking Coates work that doesn't change. Nothing Claremont did or my interpretation of it can invalidate Coates contribution to the mythos. It's there but it's irrelevant. I get that bothers you but that's not the story Ewing is telling
    Last edited by OG Storm; 06-25-2022 at 02:32 PM.

This is the most convoluted and silly explanation. It makes no sense. Claremont saw her evolve into being a goddess choosing ultimate power only to reject it. That's what the story says. Having a divine nature is the thing Coates used to turn her into a goddess . If you cant understand that is a distinction without a difference I don't know what to tell you.

Phoenix is more than a cosmic force for life, rebirth and destruction. Since when is being a cosmic force not divine? Make it make sense. It evolved and became a cosmic judge and a bunch of other stuff. But you know that and the best part about Claremont showing that storm can evolve into being a goddess by her mutation is that it is cannon and no matter how insecure you are about people not liking Coates work that doesn't change. Nothing Claremont did or my interpretation of it can invalidate Coates contribution to the mythos. It's there but it's irrelevant. I get that bothers you but that's not the story Ewing is telling
    and when you're done Phoenix is still not a true goddess nor was Roguestorm.