Page 342 of 833 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    did u see how cable one shot the Progenitors in red. #powerfeat
    I did and thought it was cool, along with the fact that Ewing has now clarified that his virus keeps his power in check as much as his power keeps his virus in check, which I think is a cool addition to Cable’s character… as well as something that’s imminently logical considering what’s been established before, and takes on even deeper potential meaning considering it was Apocalypse who first infected him with the T-O virus and in light of what we now know about Apocalypse and his motivations. I posted on this in another thread. Will share here too…

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Having said that, I find this new revelation about Cable’s body being in a state of symbiosis with the T-O virus (i.e., needing the virus to contain his powers as much as he needs his powers to contain the virus) to be a highly interesting development for a number of reasons…

1) It has already been established that Cable, X-man and Stryfe are not Omega level mutants (i.e., with no upper limit to their powers), rather just really powerful Alpha level mutants.

2) It has also been shown that their bodies and minds deteriorate over time due to the immensity of their power levels, and the more they use their powers to their full extent the faster they degrade… almost like their bodies just cannot contain the amount of raw power coursing through them, perhaps because they were genetically engineered by Sinister precisely to be so powerful and to act as weapons against Apocalypse. In other words, he wasn’t striving for perfection here, rather just combining genetics that would create a being with immense raw power. This has been shown many times in the comics, including one time in the Cable/Deadpool series where Nathan had Wade literally lobotomize him to keep his powers from burning out his mortal husk.

3) With the revelations in X of Swords regarding Apocalypse and the motivation for his “survival of the fittest” dogma causing us to question his relationship with the Summers family over the years (or even over the eons in the case of En Sabah Nur’s relationship with Nathan Summers), essentially implying that he was hardening them to face what he knew was eventually coming… combined now with this revelation that Cable actually needs the T-O virus to keep his powers in check as much as he needs his powers to keep the virus in check… this now throws everything into question, including why he infected baby Nathan in the first place! Emma Frost says something in the final issues of the Kid Cable series about how Apocalypse may have created Stryfe as a whetstone to sharpen Cable against… or something like that. Could he have also infected him not to kill him or even test him as an infant, but rather because he knew it was the key to preserving his life so that he could become the time-displaced warrior he eventually became? After all, Cable did play a key role in X of Swords in terms of helping to turn the tide against Annihilation and the hordes of Amenth.

Food for thought, but I find it fascinating.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Storm did so much in such a little space of time. So many feats here. First, did anyone else notice she stopped a full forward charging Vulcan by grabbing him by the throat! This seemed to be a feat of strength, perhaps enhanced by her energy manipulating abilities, but outside of the chokehold, there didn't seem to be any other force at play. Could this suggest like a telekinetic, she is now using energies to enhance her own strength? Secondly, she completely subdued and wrestled control of all of the energy that Vulcan was using. This isn't surprising if one looks at how she once wrestled control away from Trion. Finally, she used this energy to technically fry Vulcan from the inside out, once again demonstrating her fine control over said energy by attacking opponents internally. This is before we even get to her indomitable will and energy perception. I also feel like there was a nod to the Hadari Yao as it was established that when Storm showed up the Arraki were inspired and believed in her potentially even fueling her strength on top of it. I only add this because that was one issue that Brand had and talked about with Vulcan afterward. The biggest question I have here now is....did she just open up a debate for being an Omega Energy Manipulator? The only reason I ask is because of the definition of what it means to be Omega in that category type. Or was this a demonstration of skill and will power. The end panel with Vulcan left that open for debate in my opinion by suggesting that Vulcan has not yet come close to reaching his potential. Like Iceman before, perhaps Vulcan lacks creativity and true skill with his potential as an energy manipulator and Storm, much like with Iceman, has mastered these forces and could even perhaps help Vulcan to unlock some of the control and imagination he lacks. (Which is kind of scary given Vulcan's past feats as well). However, with Storm's abilities to see Energy and manipulate them as weather to the point of wrestling control from other seemingly more powerful forces, would this not lend the argument that she is in fact the Omega in Energy manipulation. Or does perhaps the description of Weather Manipulator in fact trump all other energy manipulation as maybe most natural forces are involved in or demonstrated by the ability to manipulate the energies that bring about weather phenomena. I found her words I am Mother and Vulcan describing himself as Son somewhat metaphorical in that perhaps Storm represents the "origins" of all said energies. For example, Magneto cannot control the weather but in controlling the weather storm does in fact manipulate certain electromagnetic forces. Same with Iceman and cold. Her versatility gives her insight into all forms of energy manipulation even if she may not be the head honcho in that category (or perhaps she is, just due to classification she is labeled weather manipulator). It reminds me of the Emma Frost vs Rachel debate in regards to telepathy. So much richness here. Definitely another pure display of respect for Storm's power here. I must say it's thrilling to read a story where a black female hero is respected and represented so powerfully like any other premiere white male hero would be. Storm is finally truly a verified force and nothing to play with.
    Weather as it is classified on Earth is just a microcosm of what the entire universe is doing. Weather is any flowing pattern of force and energy within a medium. Wind? That’s weather. Ocean Currents? Weather? The Sun? Weather. The human nervous system? Weather? Lava? Weather. Electromagnetic Fields? Weather. It’s all weather. She not only controls energy, she controls the fundamental forces of Weather as well while Vulcan is a pure energy manipulator.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Watching people throw a tantrum on the internet/social media is giving me so much life! Ewing really set the bar high here for Storm and I hope he can continue to deliver. He seems to really get characters while also building off of what came before. And I think he captures Storm's voice quite nicely.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I got folks posting images from 2008 trying to argue storm isn't this or that. you never see this kind of backlash with characters like Thor, hulk, captain marvel, Jean etc folks need to start asking themselves why is that?
    I guess it's because they all have double standard.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

All I know is storm is basically deluge but an omega version.

He was an extremely powerful energy manipulator whose abilities manifested as weatger ahd by weather I mean he could control all the environment rocks, soil, wind, water... all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Watching people throw a tantrum on the internet/social media is giving me so much life! Ewing really set the bar high here for Storm and I hope he can continue to deliver. He seems to really get characters while also building off of what came before. And I think he captures Storm's voice quite nicely.
    Where are these tantrums? I want to see them. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    They are though arent they? Like I am seeing people try to rationalise how storm could drop vulcan soo easily, rationalizing it as oh he is not as powerful as before or oh he is simply not using his full power and I am like did yall not read the mutherfucking panel? She literally says their raw power is even, and that what they are in is in a battle of wills. But nope they wanna bitch and I will drink those tears.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I think the only thing preventing Storm from being possessed by an entity like Phoenix is that her will is so powerful that it wouldn’t be able to control her. I mean she was able to host Eternity, Phoenix doesn’t stand a chance.but the reason her spirit is so strong is because she is a Goddess herself. She has so much untapped potential that is only hindered by her will.
    You espouse Ororo's hosting of Eternity as if she personally over powered him and or did it against his active will...
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-19-2022 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Idiopop have you watched it follows?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I did and thought it was cool, along with the fact that Ewing has now clarified that his virus keeps his power in check as much as his power keeps his virus in check, which I think is a cool addition to Cable’s character… as well as something that’s imminently logical considering what’s been established before, and takes on even deeper potential meaning considering it was Apocalypse who first infected him with the T-O virus and in light of what we now know about Apocalypse and his motivations. I posted on this in another thread. Will share here too…
    The funny thing is with the characters in red it could be fleshed out pretty well. The mural of Storm in one of Apocalypse layers, his interest in cable, what the arraki may have known, his daliance in magic. It may be time for ol Apoc to visit Red. lol. Somehow though the mural of him and planet size makes it seem like he'll never set foot on arrako which just let's you know when he does it's coming for something big. Also would be cool if the image was actually foreshadowing Storm becoming the All Mother of Mars.

Perhaps Apoc had information from the Arraki Seer who lost their tongue to Tarn.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

B28729CE-91DB-4B71-A391-0CE299DA1D62.jpg

Hmmmm… what’s going on here ? guesses on what you think…

Thinking further, the one Storm may have to look out for his Exodus. If the council at some point feels they need to exert themselves over Arrako thinking of the Mark Brooks promo as well from awhile back ou now have Exodus getting more powerful on faith and from a super powered community and Storm on the other end who gets empowered by faith and both who have strong wills and whose powers can't be altered by each other as easily. Especially after reading BobbyWorld post in the immortal thread about Exodus which made a lot of great points for growth. The mother of mars vs. The father of krakoa? I don't want it but i can see it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thinking further, the one Storm may have to look out for his Exodus. If the council at some point feels they need to exert themselves over Arrako thinking of the Mark Brooks promo as well from awhile back ou now have Exodus getting more powerful on faith and from a super powered community and Storm on the other end who gets empowered by faith and both who have strong wills and whose powers can't be altered by each other as easily. Especially after reading BobbyWorld post in the immortal thread about Exodus which made a lot of great points for growth. The mother of mars vs. The father of krakoa? I don't want it but i can see it.
    Whatever will push and challenge ororo to grow I welcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    B28729CE-91DB-4B71-A391-0CE299DA1D62.jpg

Hmmmm… what’s going on here ? guesses on what you think…
    So this is an event? Hmmm will storm be involved? Likely.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    They are though arent they? Like I am seeing people try to rationalise how storm could drop vulcan soo easily, rationalizing it as oh he is not as powerful as before or oh he is simply not using his full power and I am like did yall not read the mutherfucking panel? She literally says their raw power is even, and that what they are in is in a battle of wills. But nope they wanna bitch and I will drink those tears.
    And we all know who wins a battle of wills. I don't know what the policy is on posting full pages, so I won't post it, but even the Shadow King acknowledged that, outside of Xavier himself, Storm has one of the strongest wills he's ever encountered.

Also, here's a CBR Article from 2019 for your fun perusal:

10 Times Storm Proved She Was The Most Powerful X-Man Of All-Time

https://www.cbr.com/storm-most-powerful-x-men-all-time/
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007